Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GLC

Game of Thrones - hide spoilers please.

After watching it a 3rd time, the King's Moot was such a disappointment compared to the books, not that that scene could ever live up to what it was in the book, but it didn't even come close.

• Like 1

After watching it a 3rd time, the King's Moot was such a disappointment compared to the books, not that that scene could ever live up to what it was in the book, but it didn't even come close.

I thought it dragged on in the book and wasn't that interesting, glad they have just got to the point of it quickly, Euron going to find Dany

and give her his big horn

I thought it dragged on in the book and wasn't that interesting, glad they have just got to the point of it quickly, Euron going to find Dany

and give her his big horn

Really? It was a fantastic chapter in its circumstances, setting and characters. Elevates the status of the ironborn to major players and really introduces Euron as the most interesting character still alive in the series, not the dick-joke making boring fellow we see in the show.

Really? It was a fantastic chapter in its circumstances, setting and characters. Elevates the status of the ironborn to major players and really introduces Euron as the most interesting character still alive in the series, not the dick-joke making boring fellow we see in the show.

It was more than one chapter and that was the problem, they will develop Euron in the TV show I'm just glad they got to the point and didn't dick about with the internal politics of the Iron islands.

but he didn't do anything to alter the past as we know it, the lines of causality weren't broken, just looped. It's not like back to the future where one past existed Bran McFly went back and changed it and now another past/future exists. The past we know has always been Hodor had a fit and lost his mind, we didn't know that was because of Bran and if something prevented Bran from doing it then it wouldn't happen and the world would implode in a paradox vortex but he did do it and nothing stopped him because the future is already mapped out in the World of Ice and Fire. There are gods and higher powers (GRRM) at play who are able to influence every aspect of that world so if to fulfil his destiny Bran has to go back in time and fry Hodor's brain, then that is what Bran will do.

Well for one, he brought Bran there in the first place. And he didn't take Bran there until the Night's King was at the cave.

You could say he fulfilled his own destiny, but it kind of removes all freedom of choice, especially for those that apparently know their destiny.

If it was Bran's destiny all along, then the Gods surely took a roundabout way to get him there.

I suppose I shouldn't try to understand it any deeper than what your.

I did read that in the books Euron is a massive nutjob psychopath and they've toned him right down in the TV show. I guess because they already have one of those in Ramsey Bolton.

Euron isn't a psychotic sadist with daddy issues. The best way of describing him is a mysterious magic pirate king, albeit one who likes to murder folks but that kind of comes with the ironborn. He certainly doesn't make jokes about his member.

I heard that the idea for the books were based around the war of the roses. About to watch the latest now so been avoiding these threads.

Spot on Rince ! Well known historical fact that Richard III had a dirty great big dragon that helped him out when needed, his sister could throw herself on a bonfire on the 5th November and never got burnt, his dad lived in the roots of a tree and could travel backwards in time, and his best mate was a dwarf who liked a few bevvies and a good shag (quite ahead of his time by all accounts) .....

I heard that the idea for the books were based around the war of the roses. About to watch the latest now so been avoiding these threads.

Yes, a large part is inspired by it. It's very obvious too in places (King's Landing = London, Lannister = Lancaster, Stark = York, etc). Even the geography of Westeros mimicking Great Britain. However the story as a whole is inspired by lots of different historical events.

Yes, a large part is inspired by it. It's very obvious too in places (King's Landing = London, Lannister Targaryen = Lancaster, Stark Baratheon = York, etc). Even the geography of Westeros mimicking Great Britain. However the story as a whole is inspired by lots of different historical events.

At least that's my read on it?

Yes, a large part is inspired by it. It's very obvious too in places (King's Landing = London, Lannister = Lancaster, Stark = York, etc). Even the geography of Westeros mimicking Great Britain. However the story as a whole is inspired by lots of different historical events.

With a touch of keeping the crazy scots out

• Like 1