Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GLC

Game of Thrones - hide spoilers please.

Has the series caught up with the books yet? Good episode but wasn't too shocked, way too many spoilers wherever you look on social media etc.

And who surrounded Daenarys?

Was it the Dothraqki?

Has the series caught up with the books yet? Good episode but wasn't too shocked, way too many spoilers wherever you look on social media etc.

And who surrounded Daenarys?

Yup. Now basically caught up with the books as far as the wall, Denarys (with the Dorthraki riders). Tiny bit left with Cercei and Arya. And Sansa's story is ALL wrong.

Sansa is all but written out of the books, what happens on tv makes far more sense and makes for better watching.

I agree in part, but the raping scene and turning her into a weak cowering girl at times and strong defiant woman at others was poorly down and set her character back, as she was turning into her mother and a strong female character, then just became a muddled character.

What did everyone think of the Cersei hair cut scene? It was so clearly a body double and really badly done.

I can't find the interview anywhere only a couple of quotes, basically the chap interviewing Mr. Martin said "Why did you kill Jon snow", to which Martin replied "oh you think he's dead do you"....so yeah, he will be back in some form.

I can't find the interview anywhere only a couple of quotes, basically the chap interviewing Mr. Martin said "Why did you kill Jon snow", to which Martin replied "oh you think he's dead do you"....so yeah, he will be back in some form.

In the books there is a lot more about the psychic connection of the Stark kids to their direwolves, and the ability of the worshippers of the red god to bring people back to life, so there are 2 possible ways of him coming back.

I thought it was a good episode tbh, I haven't read the books so can't compare but from just a series perspective I think it's moving in a good direction. A lot has happened over the past 2 episodes to really set it up for another season. 

I just hope the next season doesn't start slowly like this one and just carries on like this one ended.

Also, 

What was that bit Arya about? Who drank the poison? Why did she go blind?

Edited by Ollie93

Of course Snow isn't dead. 

Or if he is, he won't be for long - there's a plethora of ways for him to end up coming back.

As an aside...who buys into the R+L=J theory?

And has Young King Aegon been discarded entirely, I wonder?

There is so much evidence that stacks up for R+L=J then it is difficult to argue against it. Common consensus is R+L=at least someone important.

Arya's whole story has me a bit lost.

I want to know how she got herself into the room with Meryl Trant. It all seemed so rushed. 

It seems as though what they are showing on screen isn't everything and we are having to fill in the blanks.

Haha I will one day, wouldn't it ruin them though, having watched the series?

I wouldn't say it would ruin them, but it is hard to motivate yourself to read something after watching the show and you more or less know what is going to happen.

They should release an abridged version when the series is done, just explaining all the stuff that you have probably missed if you only watched the show.

There is so much skipped over, I know from talking to people who have only watched the show, they miss things like who Qyburn is, and what he has been up to.

i think the producer of this show have disappeared up their own arses. the show's not as good as it was when it started, **** all happened for the most part, then they try and cram a tonne into the end of the series, leave story lines open, just rubbish eneding to the season. 10 episodes is not enough for what they try to do

• Like 1

Thought this season was pretty poor tbh. The whole Dorne storyline was pants and nothing was really learnt. Stannis appears to be a complete idiot even though many claim him to be one of the best commanders living.

The only good episode was Hardhome imo. Everything else felt forced or rushed.

As soon as HBO caught up with the books it was obvious that the story is going to be different to that of George RR Martin from now on, most book readers are not interested in the show anymore and it has take a completely different path than the books will or GRRM is not going to sell any books, and his readers come first in everything he does

As soon as HBO caught up with the books it was obvious that the story is going to be different to that of George RR Martin from now on, most book readers are not interested in the show anymore and it has take a completely different path than the books will or GRRM is not going to sell any books, and his readers come first in everything he does

It's an interesting view, I don't know how I would feel if the next book came out and it was more or less the same as the show, and if the show concludes before the books will it be a massive spoiler.

What has surprised me is that they have rushed through the books, they have missed out another couple of series worth of material, if they had slowed it down and expanded on Martin's world, developed the characters and houses more they could have milked this for another 5 series without pissing off any book readers, thus keeping their fan base as wide as possible, developing and concluding different story lines.

For example, Young Griff, Quentyn, the Iron Islanders, Lady Stoneheart, instead of excluding them, they could have started it earlier, developed it more and thus had a bigger pay off, they would have attracted fans of the book as they would have added to the GoT world, rather than detracted from it. They had scope to add more flashbacks and develop the history of Westeros, the mad king and the previous age of dragons, the downfall of the Targaryens.

10 x 1 hour episodes just seems such an odd decision, ok for series 1 and 2 but now it is successful, surely expand the scope give it more time to develop and more episodes to sell advertising for.

Instead it has felt a little rushed.