Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fox24

Tunchev has left the club

Not really bothered about this, he was our 5th choice centre back, no pace and more injury prone than Anderton.

he was only decent when we were in the THIRD tier of english football.

Glad NP is clearing iyut the deadwood

For those that say no big loss, up yours!

He was before his injury a class player, far too good for division one.

Unfortunately for him his injury has proved an immense hurdle to overcome and we as a club have moved on somewhat since then.

Good luck to him and all the best for the future.

I remember one moment vividly. A long ball was sent over the top, and mere mortals would've headed it out of play. Not Our Tunch, who calmly chested it down to a midfielder to send us back on the attack.

Classy to watch and a huge shame it all was ruined by injury.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.fiveyearp...n-defence.html?

As sure as the rain is going to be pelting us throughout the next few months, transfers in and out of the club are going to be subject to plenty of rumours over the summer and we started the ball rolling early with news that Aleksandar Tunchev was a target for the club on a free transfer, following his release from Leicester City.

We all know about Tunchev of course, from his tenure as a loan player at the start of the season and it is for that very reason that I am excited to be linked with him on a permanent basis. His performances during the loan spell were excellent for the most part and to have someone as strong as that pushing for a place in the team can only be a good thing. My hope is that we'll get Gards to sign a contract extension too, meaning that before we've even really got going, we'll have three strong centre-backs at the club.

Alexandar-Tunchev-Crystal-Palace_2644598.jpg

Doubters may point to his injury record over the past few years, but in all honesty, that shouldn't be a major concern. He has been fine over this season and showed no ill-effects of playing consistent first-team football, indeed his reading of the game and his strength against forwards stood up extremely well as we pushed up to third in the league. We could do well to remember too that though Gardner has had injury problems, he is odds-on to win our Player of the Year and gives us a lot of hope for Tunchev, should he sign for the club.

Bringing in a player with no injury record that has the quality of the Bulgarian would certainly cost a pretty penny and at the moment that money would be better spent on our forward line. We know Alexandar can do a job and we need cover at centre-back, as shown by the end of last season's drafting of Moxey into the middle. Yes there may be some slight risks, but that's true of any player, and on a free transfer, I can't see many better options. Besides, he played in the 3-1 over Brighton, so he's already a Palace hero, right?

If Palace do have him back on a permanent basis after his successful loan spell there, then our loss could be their gain if he does as well for them as he did for us right back at the start - which was at the start of 2008-09 v MK Divs at home. He was totally sublime and mainly the reason why we kept a clean sheet for that game on our rude awakening in the third tier for the first (and hopefully only) time! I like Palace and always have done - so good luck to Tunch if he opts for the Eagles.....

• 2 weeks later...

Had a medical with us and has agreed personal terms.

Thanks.

I''m glad you got your man then, a shame he was never to fulfill his potential we all knew he had with us but there we are!

Re the above, I think the above poster was alluding to the fact that although we were grateful for Dougie Freedman's generous selection of Leicester players in the select team 11 of the Championship team for this past season, he was a little out of touch, giving the impression he had read it off the back of a matchbox - or in other words he had read an article about us at the turn of the year and didn't take into account the fiinal four months of the season - ie what he said about Matt Mills!

Explain?

When he came on loan to us he was superb.

please ignore him. We all try too.

Well, we dont need to let you know the sort of player you have. When fit, he is a gem. All the best for the season and i hope he does well for you!

All the best at Palace, Aleks.

I thought he was a terrific defender for us up until the injury.

But kudos to him for fighting back and he showed glimpses of what he is capable of during his short comeback spell.

Palace fans love him, so best choice - I thought he'd be going back to Bulgaria.

Nice to see him sticking around in England for a longer period of time.

Just don't play so well against us now. :P

• 2 months later...

Archived