Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Owners pledge to invest in King Power Stadium

Merc

Leicester City's owners will continue to invest in the development of the King Power Stadium and the Belvoir Drive training ground.

Vice-chairman Aiyawatt Raksriaksorn said the introduction of giant television screens inside the stadium had been a success and they were looking at other ways to "improve the match-day experience" for fans.

• 3748910.png
    Aiyawatt Raksriaksorn

He said the redevelopment of the training ground was on-going after last summer's transformation.

"We have a plan to continually develop and improve the infrastructure of the club at all levels," he said.

"We are looking at a substantial on-going investment programme at the training ground, as it is vital our first team and development squads are able to take advantage of the very, very best facilities.

"We have been very pleased with the introduction of the giant screens at the stadium and we are looking at other developments, but they are not finalised yet.

"We want to enhance the match-day experience further and I have got some plans to put on some Thai boxing at the stadium at some stage."

Raksriaksorn said they were also looking to expand City's impact as a global brand in foreign markets.

He said City shirts were outselling those of such clubs as Manchester United and Real Madrid at Bangkok airport, although he admits that may have something to do with King Power's marketing in the airport.

"There is a fanatical following for Leicester City in Thailand," he said.

"There is a huge supporter base for the club there and it is continuing to grow.

"The FA Cup tie with Chelsea drew a live audience of many millions in Thailand."

I think that last bit of the article highlights what problem they have when trying to have impact globally, only when we make the prem will the exposure be bigger, so that revenue isn't going to be profitable while we are still in this division.

Merc

Leicester City's owners will continue to invest in the development of the King Power Stadium and the Belvoir Drive training ground.

Vice-chairman Aiyawatt Raksriaksorn said the introduction of giant television screens inside the stadium had been a success and they were looking at other ways to "improve the match-day experience" for fans.

• 3748910.png
    Aiyawatt Raksriaksorn

He said the redevelopment of the training ground was on-going after last summer's transformation.

"We have a plan to continually develop and improve the infrastructure of the club at all levels," he said.

"We are looking at a substantial on-going investment programme at the training ground, as it is vital our first team and development squads are able to take advantage of the very, very best facilities.

"We have been very pleased with the introduction of the giant screens at the stadium and we are looking at other developments, but they are not finalised yet.

"We want to enhance the match-day experience further and I have got some plans to put on some Thai boxing at the stadium at some stage."

Raksriaksorn said they were also looking to expand City's impact as a global brand in foreign markets.

He said City shirts were outselling those of such clubs as Manchester United and Real Madrid at Bangkok airport, although he admits that may have something to do with King Power's marketing in the airport.

"There is a huge supporter base for the club there and it is continuing to grow.

"The FA Cup tie with Chelsea drew a live audience of many millions in Thailand."

Just put a team on the pitch who are successful & we are all happy ;)

<p>

Merc

• 3748910.png
    Aiyawatt Raksriaksorn

from an advertising point of view? because sitting in SK1 you can make out hardly anything when they show action replays on the 1 above Fusions.

I wonder if they mean filling in the walls what are half done from when the Stadium was actually built. I know someone who works for LCFC and he said our ground isn't in a very good state at all.

What’s great about the club massively selling shirts at the airport is its unlikely anyone is going to buy another plane ticket just to take it back after a few weeks when it falls apart! On a serious note though we have great owners looking to boost our revenue and fan base across another continent is a fantastic venture for us and will hopefully give us a steady Premiership status in the long term

I wonder if they mean filling in the walls what are half done from when the Stadium was actually built. I know someone who works for LCFC and he said our ground isn't in a very good state at all.

I worked for the club about 5 years ago and the ground is in a shocking state, the boxes have a major fracture line in front of them that has been patched up, part of SK4 doesn't sit on the steels properly and is packed with timber, and the state of the service corridors at times is horrendous. It could do with a few quid spending on it, afterall it is not deemed fit for concerts but it's ok to risk football fans, oh wait we never have much to celebrate, so we should be ok.

makes you worried? theyre trying to invest in things off the pitch, its good! try are trying to develop us as a brand which is what is needed to be able to spend money on the squad these days as well with new financial rules in place based on revenue. clearly were not massive yet but its progress

makes you worried? theyre trying to invest in things off the pitch, its good! try are trying to develop us as a brand which is what is needed to be able to spend money on the squad these days as well with new financial rules in place based on revenue. clearly were not massive yet but its progress

I mentioned it before on here then Bert did again the other day but there may be a technicality with this new FFP. Surely King Power could sponsor us say like £100 million for two seasons so that's our income yes? :S

I mentioned it before on here then Bert did again the other day but there may be a technicality with this new FFP. Surely King Power could sponsor us say like £100 million for two seasons so that's our income yes? :S

I'm sure someone posted saying this wasn't allowed as any 'suspicious' activity is monitored after man city did it.

May well be wrong though.

theyre not allowed to invest that much in us after the whole man city affair but obvs theyre allowed to invest more in sponsorship than usual, but still. its not sustainable and its a limited amount, would much rather know that we have an additional income from that market, so if we ever make it to the prem we will have more chance of stayin up with a bit more funding etc

I'm sure someone posted saying this wasn't allowed as any 'suspicious' activity is monitored after man city did it.

May well be wrong though.

Maybe not 100 million, although stadium sponsorships have been rumoured for that amount, but spread over 10 years, but they could certainly give us the best shirt sponsorship deal in the championship without raising any eyebrows.

The owners are lending the club millions and then paying themselves back with their own money through ground and shirt sponsorship? This is why I'll never be a successful business man.

The owners are lending the club millions and then paying themselves back with their own money through ground and shirt sponsorship? This is why I'll never be a successful business man.

The loan is not currently being paid back, the sponsorship money will be used on players and wages, the loan will start being paid back at the point when we are operating at a profit.

If we were using the sponsorship money to pay off the loan then it would be a bit of a nonsense, but at the moment we aren't, and when we do then it may be the case that instead of giving us the sponsorship money, it is just taken off the debt, but that would only happen at a point where we are not relying on the sponsorship money to improve the squad.

Archived