Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Uncle Monty

Gallagher off to Ipswich?

1.I assume it's because you subscribe to the hive mind and can't form your own opinion so your torn between what you actually see and what the hive mind of morons tells you to think......

2. although he's no slouch there either being 3rd top scorer......

1.You come across a bit moronic too :lol:

2. by YOUR logic man united fans should love berbatov as he was top league scorer previously....

Squad player at most, brilliant on his day but many games incredibly frustrating and half hearted, can do better imo (or at least I think its my own opinion) :ph34r:

A mate of mine retweeted this guy who said that Gally wants to go to Ipswich because they match his ambition to play in the PL!!

I've always liked the guy, gets a bit too much stick if you ask me, but if he leaves because of that reason he is an idiot!

Something about him I'd miss but I've said time and time again we can do better, excellent on his day but a passenger most games.

Don't see it happening either how, family reasons, it's a fvcking trek from Blackburn.

A mate of mine retweeted this guy who said that Gally wants to go to Ipswich because they match his ambition to play in the PL!!

I've always liked the guy, gets a bit too much stick if you ask me, but if he leaves because of that reason he is an idiot!

So he's implying that Gally is unambitious then. What a load of bull...

Probably not true, but if it is it would be a good move for him I feel.

Been very hit and miss for us ever since he came here, has some cracking displays then follows up with one of his fairy performances.

For the benefit of his career it would be the right move, we need better and can do better in all fairness.

Its only till he starts banging in goals for another team will some of our fans realise what a great technical player he is. I've always been surprised by how much more he plays in midfield than up front, he doesn't contribute enough there or on the wing should be upfront with a target man

Gallagher's game is not good enough when he's not scoring goals - he is too weak and non combative for a side that challenges for promotion.

Why do posters concentrate on his goal scoring record but not on his ability to hinder the opposition and prevent the opposition scoring? Gallagher doesn't strike the right balance in my opinion.

Gallagher's game is not good enough when he's not scoring goals - he is too weak and non combative for a side that challenges for promotion.

Why do posters concentrate on his goal scoring record but not on his ability to hinder the opposition and prevent the opposition scoring? Gallagher doesn't strike the right balance in my opinion.

Because he's a winger/striker/forward not a centre half...

Gallagher's game is not good enough when he's not scoring goals

How can Gallagher alone not strike the right balance? Surely the important thing is the balance of the squad, as long as we have at least a combative midfielder they don't all have to be, not every player in the squad has to be a complete all rounder, having someone on the wing who can chip in with goals fairly regularly is a good thing. Yakubu only ever scored goals, but I think it's fair to say most people would have him back, because as long as the rest of the squad is good enough you can accommodate those kind of players.

We signed him for 1 million, getting 750k for him, wouldn't be too great a loss on that, especially as it looks like FFP will start to cut into teams transfer budgets.

Good player, who hasn't deserved the stick he has got this season. I think it is clear from his recent goal celebrations that he has lost his respect for the fans, so I wouldn't be surprised to see him go. In reality, even though I like him, I don't see him going as being a major loss to the team, when he is on song he can win games singlehandedly, but when he isn't he contributes very little. In this league a team of tryers working hard and playing for each other is usually what you need to get promoted. He would probably be better suited to a lower prem club, where his wonder goals could win them vital points to keep them up, than an upper champ club that needs consistency and fight to get promoted.

I for one will be sad to see him go. Overall he's been a fantastic servant to our club, and despite his dip in performance level this season the personal abuse he and his family have endured has been atrocious. It's for that reason that if he goes I'll wish him all the best, and won't blame him one iota.

Because he's a winger/striker/forward not a centre half...

Didn't someone famous from your region say that Ian Rush as a striker was the team's best defender? You need to stop the opposition scoring as well as scoring yourself to win a match and Gallagher's game is too wet.

Didn't someone famous from your region say that Ian Rush as a striker was the team's best defender? You need to stop the opposition scoring as well as scoring yourself to win a match and Gallagher's game is too wet.

Yes, to a certain extent. But to say that people should ignore his goals because he doesn't defend very well is a bit silly.

Sort of like saying we should sell Morgan, Bamba, SSL and Mills because they don't score very many, even if they're good defenders. A player can, to some extent as far as I'm concerned, get away with not being brilliant at their second or third jobs if they're good enough at doing what they're meant to do, sorta thing.

Not sure if I explained that very well but hey-ho.

Yes, to a certain extent. But to say that people should ignore his goals because he doesn't defend very well is a bit silly.

Sort of like saying we should sell Morgan, Bamba, SSL and Mills because they don't score very many, even if they're good defenders. A player can, to some extent as far as I'm concerned, get away with not being brilliant at their second or third jobs if they're good enough at doing what they're meant to do, sorta thing.

Not sure if I explained that very well but hey-ho.

It would have been nice to have got some goals from defenders this last season. I wonder what the stats show in comparison to recent seasons - in the O'Neill glory days the goals from Walsh, Elliott and Taggart were very useful although I appreciate that Walsh particularly and Elliott did play as strikers in many games.

As for Gallagher I'm not ignoring his goalscoring record but remain disappointed that he lacks pace and the ability to head and tackle. As a sub fine but not as a starter for me.

Is 750k worth the guaranteed winner/ winners he would inevitably score for them against us next year? Very good squad player IMO

He is a decent squad player, but who's to say he only wants to be a squad player? He could possibly have been told that he will only be a bit part player next season and is now engineering a move away for first team football. It's not always the club who are selling, sometimes it's the players themselves.

Squad player, nothing more. Not good enough for a team looking for promotion. Too lightweight, and doesn't really offer anything apart from the odd decent set piece (even those are inconsistant).

I'd sell.

Squad player, nothing more. Not good enough for a team looking for promotion. Too lightweight, and doesn't really offer anything apart from the odd decent set piece (even those are inconsistant).

I'd sell.

...and goals, to be honest I wouldn't let him take corners, and only the odd freekick, I think if he stopped fvcking up set-pieces people might remember his other contributions to the game more and not get so pissed off with him.

I'd sell for that amount.

Gallagher is technically very gifted but he's a bit of an awkward one in that he's one of those players who still doesn't really have a true position. He doesn't score enough or work hard enough to be an out-and-out striker, yet defensively he's too weak on the wing.

The upshot is that he's very much a luxury. If you're at home against weaker opposition he'll win you the game single-handedly sometimes, if you're playing away then you have to carry him. If there's one lesson Pearson should have learned this year it's not to start Gallagher away from home, him starting away at Millwall was destined to be disastrous and so it proved.

So, for me, he's therefore expendible. Particularly when we've shown too much defensive frailty all-round this season.

Maybe The People might not be the most reliable of sources, and maybe he won't be going to Ipswich, but this is the time of year that agents earn their money and if Gallagher wants to leave (which I suspect he might) then his agent will be wanting to get his name out there. The link with Ipswich is plausible and it puts Gallagher in the thoughts of other clubs that might want to acquire his services.

Archived