Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JohnnyB

Mills to .....................

Mills is so underrated it's pathetic. To put him in the same bracket as some of the defenders we've seen for our club is just beyond belief. i.e. (gerrbrandt)

If he's not going to play then obviously he has to leave.

One thing that concerns me; with all this money we have should we really be attempting to replicate Forest's CB pairing from the late 00s? I know they had a good season in 09/10 and that we failed miserably by spending money but I was hoping Pearson would be a little more shrude.

Wilson and Morgan were a decent partnership at Forest a couple of years ago, although Luke Chambers would be a better signing than either of them.

But as long as we have a stable, effective defence which can keep clean sheets at places like Watford, Millwall and Bristol City, it shouldn't matter who plays in it.

Mills is no where near as bad as some of the mentioned players but he is however an overpriced mid to top end championship player.

If we'd have paid 750k - £1million he wouldn't get the stick he does.

Having said that it is time for him to move on!

Mills is no where near as bad as some of the mentioned players but he is however an overpriced mid to top end championship player.

If we'd have paid 750k - £1million he wouldn't get the stick he does.

Having said that it is time for him to move on!

Of course he would, he's the club captain and it's his duty not to be a complete twat AND a crap footballer.

there is no way this will be a swap deal as we would be losing a lot of money, I suspect his agent has something to do with this story getting leaked! would only make sense as this will create more publicity and hype, also it would make other club`s aware to that he is clearly looking for a move away! so I think Mills is leaving that is sure.

Wilson shared a very effective partnership with Wesley at Forest a couple of seasons ago from what I've heard. I'm sure RedHux will correct me if I'm wrong!

That is true assuming you mean Westley...with a T. ;)

Wilson and Morgan were a decent partnership at Forest a couple of years ago, although Luke Chambers would be a better signing than either of them.

A lot of Forest will happily carry LC to your place if required. Last season he was mostly abject. He's had one and a bit decent seasons and apart from that has looked somewhat below average. His best season however came partnering Wes at CB so could be a good move for you.

A lot of Forest will happily carry LC to your place if required. Last season he was mostly abject. He's had one and a bit decent seasons and apart from that has looked somewhat below average. His best season however came partnering Wes at CB so could be a good move for you.

Interesting - many Celtic fans are saying the same about Wilson.

Chambers looked impressive in the 0-0 at the Way. If Pearson could motivate him the way Billy Davies did, we'd be well set to sort our defensive woes.

If rumours are to be true the only reason Chambers is motivated in a move to city is because of money.

As opposed to most of the current squad, who are lifelong Foxes with an unshakeable commitment to the club.. :rolleyes:

i know that while np is boss matt mills is just bleeding the club dry as he is doing nothing to earn his wage.

but am i the only one that would say unless celtic offer 2.5million, no deal, if they want to chuck in a player, whats to lose.

the only other deal is to flog him back to reading for a million, write of any outstanding payments etc and forget it ever happenend.

For what it's worth I don't like Mills one bit but to suggest he's one of our worst ever centre halves is ridiculous.

Kingfox is entitled to his views. Others are entitled to treat them with the contempt they deserve.

Made it into the Scottish Sun today apparently in advanced talks

CELTIC have launched a bid for Leicester City defender Matt Mills

Hoops chief Neil Lennon has targeted the centre-half as he prepares to build for the Champions League.

Lennon flies to France today for a spying mission at Ligue 1 aces Lille.

Before leaving, the Celtic boss ensured moves were made to see Mills be the first piece of the jigsaw as the club attempt to qualify for the cash-rich group stages of Europe’s top tournament.

SunSport understands talks to land Mills are at an advanced stage — with Kelvin Wilson set to head in the opposite direction.

Mills was a £2million buy from Reading by Sven Goran Eriksson last summer.

But he has struggled to get a game under new gaffer Nigel Pearson following Eriksson’s sacking last October.

While the 25-year-old is on the verge of kick-starting his career in Scotland, Wilson’s time with the SPL champions looks OVER.

He has struggled to make his mark since he joined from Nottingham Forest 12 months ago and now looks to be on his way back south

I don't know how much Mills is on but if we don't sell him, he is contracted for another 3 years.

Even if we lose money on the transfer fee, it will be offset with not paying his wages.

We should bite Celtic's hand off for this.

Yep one of the worst centre halfs, seen most of the others play, Alex Bruce was pretty good for us tbh and so was N'Gotty, not as bad as you are making out.

Brevett didn't make many apperances, while Gilbert and Makin were more right-back and left backs, Kenton was ok in parts then went shit.

Marshall and Gerrbrand were pretty bad and yes I would class Mills in their category.

Mate, dont dick about. N'Gotty was ****ing toilet.

Archived