Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

24 minutes ago, Buce said:

Really?

I thought it was bang average.

I found the Michael character a bit annoying, but i did enjoy the story. Great twist with the captain which i wasnt expecting. 

Maybe i am biased as i have watched all the Star Treks and enjoyed them all, so was really buzzing when this came out. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

I found the Michael character a bit annoying, but i did enjoy the story. Great twist with the captain which i wasnt expecting. 

Maybe i am biased as i have watched all the Star Treks and enjoyed them all, so was really buzzing when this came out. 

Yeah, me too, which is maybe the problem - I think I might have liked it more if I hadn't.

I'm not even sure I can articulate why I wasn't keen, it just didn't grab me.

17 minutes ago, Buce said:

Yeah, me too, which is maybe the problem - I think I might have liked it more if I hadn't.

If you like Sci-Fi stuff and haven't watched Dark Matter. Check below

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4159076/?ref_=nv_sr_1

It gets better after season 1, i thought. 

• Thanks 1

On 21/07/2018 at 20:26, Izzy Muzzett said:

I've never seen The Wire mate but I've heard many good things about it - might give it a go.

I'm tempted to watch the Soprano's again as it's been a while now since it was first on, but not sure I can be arsed to invest the time

The wire is terrific.

breaking bad

the wire

the sopranos

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CollinsLCFC said:

Never seen The Wire or Sopranos. 

I always see them highly rated, The Sopranos being the best ever in some people's opinions.

I tried watching the first episode, but never for further. lol

You have to stick with both initially. You have to invest in the characters in both. Once you're hooked though, you're hooked.

On 23/07/2018 at 22:35, StanSP said:

this 2nd episode fo Who Is America was better than last week lol 

That senator from Georgia doing the Chinese impressions, shouting n****r was shockingly hilarious lol 

That racist loon has resigned! Of course he said he was duped into screaming n*****r at the top of his lungs, speaking in a dodgy Chinese accent etc. Pissed myself when SBC was showing him the up burqa shots. 

I’ve actually been to Kingman in Arizona and I can confirm that it’s such a massive shithole that a huge mosque really would improve it.  

SBC is an absolutely ****ing legend. What he does is so brilliant, so effective. We’ve really missed him all these years!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Buce said:

I like the new series but I think I would like it even more if it were released as a new show in its own right.  For me "Star Trek" means that for the most part you can expect stand alone episodes exploring their own into sci-fi concepts but which feed into a larger narrative culminating in blockbuster episodes towards the end of a series.  The new series is a more traditional format where each episode's story follows on directly from the last and that being the case leaves a mild disappointment which I doubt would be there if it weren't branded with the Star Trek logo,

For instance I love The Expanse (great show btw if you're not on it already) and for what the show is the episodic approach works but if it were a Star Trek show I'd be saying the same things.

On 23/07/2018 at 22:35, StanSP said:

this 2nd episode fo Who Is America was better than last week lol 

That senator from Georgia doing the Chinese impressions, shouting n****r was shockingly hilarious lol 

Just watched it man the people going skitz about the mosque was unreal. Scary how it’s these thick racist ***** who voted in trump. When he said we don’t have any racists in and that guy was like “I’m a racist” ?

Guest seanfox778
On 26/07/2018 at 02:17, CollinsLCFC said:

Never seen The Wire or Sopranos. 

I always see them highly rated, The Sopranos being the best ever in some people's opinions.

I tried watching the first episode, but never for further. lol

I always thought the first Sopranos episode was the worst one. It is my all time favourite tv drama.

Guest MattP
4 hours ago, seanfox778 said:

I always thought the first Sopranos episode was the worst one. It is my all time favourite tv drama.

It's probably the worst thinking about it. 

I was hooked though within three, it's the standout one for me still, closely followed by Breaking Bad, The Wire and Mad Men.

Guest seanfox778
10 minutes ago, MattP said:

It's probably the worst thinking about it. 

I was hooked though within three, it's the standout one for me still, closely followed by Breaking Bad, The Wire and Mad Men.

I finished Mad Men earlier this year. Such a stylish and classy made show. Don Draper was such a great character.

Guest seanfox778
17 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Need a new show to watch might try mad men. My fave is house of cards, then the sopranos and breaking bad. Loved Fargo season 1 too. Is the wire on netflix? 

The Wire is not, it's a HBO production so it could be on Sky catch up if you have access to that. 

Guest MattP
44 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Need a new show to watch might try mad men. My fave is house of cards, then the sopranos and breaking bad. Loved Fargo season 1 too. Is the wire on netflix? 

Nope. 

Mad Men is though and if you enjoyed Sopranos you'll like it. Lot of similarity between Draper and Tony, one just was seen as respectable by his actions.

23 minutes ago, MattP said:

Nope. 

Mad Men is though and if you enjoyed Sopranos you'll like it. Lot of similarity between Draper and Tony, one just was seen as respectable by his actions.

Cheers mate. Mad men seems the logical choice can see it having similarities with house of cards and sopranos 

1 hour ago, Unabomber said:

I really liked House of Cards, watched quite a few episodes then just stopped watching it, I have no idea why.

I'd actually forgotten about it tbh. It may be time to give it another whirl.

For the sake of completion, I struggle to split The Wire and Breaking Bad, with the Sopranos not far behind. The latter two had more moments of comedy but The Wire was more engrossing and fascinating for me. Great shows all of them though.

3 minutes ago, Max Wall said:

I really liked House of Cards, watched quite a few episodes then just stopped watching it, I have no idea why.

I'd actually forgotten about it tbh. It may be time to give it another whirl.

For the sake of completion, I struggle to split The Wire and Breaking Bad, with the Sopranos not far behind. The latter two had more moments of comedy but The Wire was more engrossing and fascinating for me. Great shows all of them though.

House of cards is amazing I rate it higher than sopranos and breaking bad, I may stand alone in that opinion but it is a brilliant show if you watch all of the series.

• Like 1