Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

Clive James used to have a show in the 80/90s where he showed clips from Japanese game shows. They were hilarious, they've tried to bring some of them over here but they never really worked.

Just now, Webbo said:

Clive James used to have a show in the 80/90s where he showed clips from Japanese game shows. They were hilarious, they've tried to bring some of them over here but they never really worked.

I remember that, was quite funny :)

Guest seanfox778
1 hour ago, urban.spaceman said:

Sacha Baron Cohen's new show, starting on Channel 4 tomorrow:

Cannot ****ing wait.

He looks like a cartoon character lol

There's a new show on YouTube called Impulse. It's based around the film Jumper (which I liked) about people who can teleport. Starts off with a young high school girl learning she has this ability. It's really well made and a good alternative to the Marvel/DC type shows. 

It's on YouTube Premium but you can watch the first 3 episodes for free. Then I just signed up for the 3 month free trial to be able to watch the rest. 

Teaser here:

21 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Cannot ****ing wait.

Cringe comedy. slightly amusing but uncomfortable viewing.

23 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Cannot ****ing wait.

Disturbing yet compulsive viewing.

Edited by Tuna

3 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Started on Breaking Bad again, big mistake.

Best show ever mate.

I've watched it all twice and really tempted to go for a third helping

9 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Best show ever mate.

I've watched it all twice and really tempted to go for a third helping

This maybe my third or fourth but I agree. Forgotten most of it as well to be fair which makes it worth it.

Skyler, what a whore. If a lad wants to make meth let him make meth ffs.

Edited by Costock_Fox
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 16/07/2018 at 10:55, The Bear said:

There's a new show on YouTube called Impulse. It's based around the film Jumper (which I liked) about people who can teleport. Starts off with a young high school girl learning she has this ability. It's really well made and a good alternative to the Marvel/DC type shows. 

It's on YouTube Premium but you can watch the first 3 episodes for free. Then I just signed up for the 3 month free trial to be able to watch the rest. 

Teaser here:

Thanks for this - enjoyed the film too and I'm a big fan of Doug Liman. Halfway through the series and quite enjoying it!

Edit: finished it. Has sort of an Orphan Black vibe; hope it’s renewed for another series!

Edited by urban.spaceman

42 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Haha same.

I think the reason people hate her with a passion is the probability that somewhere out there, someone is like her. She was the bane of Walter's life.  

What really threw me off the rails was the fact that she was accusing Walt of cheating on here just to turn around and not just cheat on him with Ted, but also give him that money that Walter worked and killed for and had stashed and was gonna use to run away. 

And while I was writing this comment, I've gone and rewatched Walt digging the money out and then absolutely losing it when he didn't find it. And to add insult to injury, She said "I had to do it for the family" 

d7e14310c0261a3c5f84b11d7f8e91f4.jpg

Edited by the fox

Westworld S2. 

The Japanese remake of the S1 bandit scene in town is one of the most enjoyable bits of TV since Joffrey snuffed it. I especially loved Ramin Djawadi's shamisen / flute Paint it Black cover to echo the original. Brilliant. The casting of Sanada was also a great touch.

Loved Maeve's reaction to the whole thing. In fact, I really like the dynamic between her and the English writer. That's the last episode I've seen.

3 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Westworld S2. 

Reveal hidden contents

The Japanese remake of the S1 bandit scene in town is one of the most enjoyable bits of TV since Joffrey snuffed it. I especially loved Ramin Djawadi's shamisen / flute Paint it Black cover to echo the original. Brilliant. The casting of Sanada was also a great touch.

Loved Maeve's reaction to the whole thing. In fact, I really like the dynamic between her and the English writer. That's the last episode I've seen.

Absolutely superb episode. There's another sort of standalone episode later on in the season which was the best of the lot I reckon. You'll know which one when you watch it.

No spoilers - for me it didn't quite live up to the first season as a whole, but is still brilliant TV and I can't wait for season 3.

7 hours ago, the fox said:

Just seeing the name "Skyler" angers me. 

lol I know what you mean, but lets be honest - she was absolutely in the right. Walter was a right dickhead and that's why we all loved him!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Thanks for this - enjoyed the film too and I'm a big fan of Doug Liman. Halfway through the series and quite enjoying it!

Edit: finished it. Has sort of an Orphan Black vibe; hope it’s renewed for another series!

Will give this one a try, since i loved Orphan Black.

• Like 1

I watched Star Trek Continues on Toutube. It is a follow up to the original series and concludes the five year mission they were on. It was done by fans actors writers etc at their own cost and donations. There was just 11 episodes and finished where the crew returned home and went their own ways. Thought it was pretty good. the acter who played Kirk also produced and wrote some scripts. He said he grew up with ST and at 10 was glued to the TV watching in B/W so he knew exactly how it should be to give the feeling of TOS.

For those of you who like your true crime, and documentaries in the mould of Making a Murderer, the Staircase, The Jinx etc. I'd give the new Netflix doc "Evil Genius" a go.

It's not as strong, narratively... And doesn't keep you guessing in the same way as the above, but the case is so absolutely bizarre, it's quite fascinating. 

Read up on it if you want spoilers, but it's about the case of Brian Douglas Wells, who walked into a Pennsylvania bank in 2003 carrying a homemade shotgun and wearing a sophisticated collar bomb and demanded $250,000, stating he was forced into it. It didn't end well for him.