Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

Just now, Max Wall said:

I have heard good things about Narcos but haven't watched it yet, I think because I enjoyed The Wire so much which is a pretty silly reason not to watch it.

Its really good and the guy who plays Pablo Escobar does an amazing job. Its not like the wire or other shows, that have a bit of a dodgy start and need time to get in too. You are hooked from the first couple of episodes. 

I also liked it as its quite true to the fact of what was actually happening around the time. 

If you give it a try, i'd be interested on how you get on :D 

• Like 1

Just now, ozleicester said:

As an aussie, we get A LOT of US tv... much more than i remember getting back in 2010-11 in the UK. and  a lott of it is very very poor!

The US office has some brilliant smaller characters that develop and like the UK it is about cringe... and i wont lie, some of it goes too far... but the writing and humour is hihger quality than usual US stuff.

I like all of the shows youve listed (or i did at the time, lol Seinfeld has begun "age" ) but The office kills them all... i have watched it through (9 seasons) 4 times and i still flick it on when im looking for a lazy laugh

There's certainly a lot of people agree with you on the US Office.

Seinfeld makes me weep at times, the filming and, by now, some of the references have definitely dated but the characters are so strong. Since watching Curb Your Enthusiasm and realising that George Constanza in Seinfeld is loosely based on himself, Larry David is probably my favourite comedy writer of all time.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, The Bear said:

The League - If you like fantasy football leagues between mates (It's NFL but you don't really need any knowledge of the sport). Very funny show, especially Jason Mandzoukis. 

The Ranch - Netflix original with Sam Elliott who's great, Ashton Kutcher and Danny Masterson (who steals the show). It's more of a drama comedy and it takes a bit of getting into the early episodes but it gets really good. 

The Good Place - Kristen Bell and Ted Danson. She dies and gets sent to heaven by mistake after being a horrible person. Quirky but decent. 

30 Rock too if you've never seen it. Alec Baldwin is very funny. 

All on Netflix. 

A girl at work keeps bending my ear about The Ranch.

Rather appallingly, I think because she's young and Ashton Kucher is in it, I assumed it would be rubbish lol

That is an admission that my reasoning was not only ageist but sexist too. I'm rather disappointed in myself.

Another one to give a go. Thanks

Right fellow Foxestalkers, I now have enough shows to see me through until I expire lol

Thanks everyone. 

I have to get out of this thread as it's stopping me from seeing who we definitely haven't signed in the transfer thread.

9 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Its really good and the guy who plays Pablo Escobar does an amazing job. Its not like the wire or other shows, that have a bit of a dodgy start and need time to get in too. You are hooked from the first couple of episodes. 

I also liked it as its quite true to the fact of what was actually happening around the time. 

If you give it a try, i'd be interested on how you get on :D 

You've sold it to me.

I now need 24 hours to decide which order I watch the shows everyone has suggested. I get more miserable as the day

goes on lol so late night comedy often doesn't work for me. I think Narcos will fit the 11pm to 1am slot perfectly. Thanks Suzie.

• Haha 1

Guest seanfox778
1 hour ago, Max Wall said:

I'm such a big fan of the UK version, I've never even watched a single episode.

You're not the first to say watch it but I've resisted until now. Not sure why really as I generally like US comedies.

Maybe I should just give it a go.

100% with everyone else, the US Office is great. Season 1 is weird but about halfway through season 2 it gets it's own personality and it's hilarious. 

2 minutes ago, seanfox778 said:

100% with everyone else, the US Office is great. Season 1 is weird but about halfway through season 2 it gets it's own personality and it's hilarious. 

The evidence is really beginning to stack up in favour of it on here. Sorry no reps left but +1

You're the 2nd person to say that regarding the point at which it really takes off. I'm definitely going to give it a go and stick through to the end of season 3 come what may, hopefully by then I'll be hooked.

11 minutes ago, Buce said:

Has anyone watched Californication? I've watched the first three episodes and can't decide whether to stick with it or not.

It’s a good series, gets a bit boring towards the end but overall I enjoyed it. Hank Moody is brilliant.

• Thanks 1

I didn’t watch the US office for years due to sheer stubbornness. The uk office is my favourite comedy by far so assumed the US version would ruin it. Once the first season is out of the way it becomes it’s own show and is absolutely amazing. Wish it was still on Netflix as want to watch it all again. 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

I didn’t watch the US office for years due to sheer stubbornness. The uk office is my favourite comedy by far so assumed the US version would ruin it. Once the first season is out of the way it becomes it’s own show and is absolutely amazing. Wish it was still on Netflix as want to watch it all again. 

They have it on The Pirate Bay.

Edited by Buce
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Unabomber said:

Michael is an incredible character. Went downhill after he left tho imo. Still watchable.

1 hour ago, The Bear said:

Stewart Lee: Content Provider

His new stand up was on the other night and is now on iPlayer.

Just 10 mins in and I'm in bits. If you're a "Remainer" you'll love it.

I clearly rep with a scattergun approach as I have none left again.

I saw this last night and wholeheartedly agree.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, The Bear said:

There you go, have a like :yesyes:

Thanks.

I've never understood the system. Does that mean I now have a rep to use? Are the amount of reps you can use based on what you receive?  That would finally make sense as to why I run out at different times.

Apologies for the Gestapo style questioning btw. I assumed it was a certain amount each day tbh.

Edit - Hahahaha, Nevermind, no it doesn't, I just tried to rep your Stewart Lee comment and still can't.

Edited by Max Wall

2 minutes ago, Max Wall said:

Thanks.

I've never understood the system. Does that mean I now have a rep to use? Are the amount of reps you can use based on what you receive?  That would finally make sense as to why I run out at different times.

Apologies for the gestapo style questioning btw. I assumed it was a certain amount each day tbh.

You get 10 a day I think

2 minutes ago, Stadt said:

You get 10 a day I think

Ah, good, no one knows the system, I definitely have more than 10 a day. If a comment makes me laugh out loud I tend to rep it until I run out but I'm certain it's more than 10 a day for me.

Edited by Max Wall