Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

4 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Unsurprisingly I've never run out yet...

Haha, I suppose it helps being on the site of a club you don't support, I was going to say I wouldn't run out on Spurs fighting cocks site either but, on reflection, I'd run out even quicker on there, especially if 1884 was posting. He's a real comedian.

Edited by Max Wall

1 hour ago, The Bear said:

Stewart Lee: Content Provider

His new stand up was on the other night and is now on iPlayer.

Just 10 mins in and I'm in bits. If you're a "Remainer" you'll love it.

I'v just watched the first hour of this on your recommendation.

It's fvcking brilliant :appl:

2 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

Just started The Sopranos. Don't know why because I'm already still juggling The Wire & Boardwalk Empire and but I really like all 3. I can also vouch for Mad Men, it's so well made. 

Started Handmaid's Tale and can't be doing with it. 

May I ask why?

6 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

Not overtly keen on dystopian stuff as it is, but I just find it too weird, without being that interesting. Girlfriend loves it though. 

That's fair enough.

Personally, I found it difficult to watch, but engrossing. Similar to The Man In The High Castle.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Webbo said:

I didn't realise Guy Martin was only a lorry mechanic. I thought he was a motorbike racer.

The blokes an abolsute hero. The boat that Guy built is a great BBC series, was about 10 years ago worth a watch if you like Guy 

23 hours ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

I'v just watched the first hour of this on your recommendation.

It's fvcking brilliant :appl:

Just watched the second hour of Stewart Lee's stand up on i-player.

He's a very, very clever bloke and just a tiny bit disturbed but if you've got a couple of hours spare I'd highly recommend it.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0bdcnwq/stewart-lee-content-provider

• Like 1

On 28/07/2018 at 18:20, Max Wall said:

This is an incredibly open question but can anyone recommend quite a long comedy/sitcom show (4/5 seasons or more)?

My taste (in rough order) is

Seinfeld

Curb Your Enthusiasm

Fawlty Towers

The Office

Peep Show

Phoenix Nights

and to a lesser degree, Frasier, Big Bang Theory and Friends

Looking for something to shove on now and again but with quite a few episodes.

Completely doesn't fit with your examples and it isn't on Netflix but for me Silicon Valley is the best comedy currently running, absolutely absurd telly. The pace of it is excellent, you can easily sit and rattle through five or six without realising.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Lower them, it’s alright.

I found it astonishing how manipulative people can be. 

Equally astonishing was the FBI's conclusion that somehow Wells was in on it, as if they were trying to cover their shortcomings in not being able to get enough evidence to prove Marjorie/Rothstein/Barnes/Stockton killed him. At the same time they reveal their idiocy as if Wells would do such a thing despite having no clear evidence to support that. Thought that was an insult to Wells' family. 

Rothstein is deep, dark and scary though. Wouldn't wanna be involved with him and it's a shame he died before being able to be questioned more as he definitely had more answers. 

Marjorie was just very volatile and aggressive. I think at first she played on her mental illness then convinced herself so much that it was so bad that it did actually get the better of her. She definitely took answers to her grave too. 

15 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I found it astonishing how manipulative people can be. 

Equally astonishing was the FBI's conclusion that somehow Wells was in on it, as if they were trying to cover their shortcomings in not being able to get enough evidence to prove Marjorie/Rothstein/Barnes/Stockton killed him. At the same time they reveal their idiocy as if Wells would do such a thing despite having no clear evidence to support that. Thought that was an insult to Wells' family. 

Rothstein is deep, dark and scary though. Wouldn't wanna be involved with him and it's a shame he died before being able to be questioned more as he definitely had more answers. 

Marjorie was just very volatile and aggressive. I think at first she played on her mental illness then convinced herself so much that it was so bad that it did actually get the better of her. She definitely took answers to her grave too. 

Yep it was all very bizarre.

If you like true crime stuff and can listen to podcasts listen to a Casefiles, it’s excellent and has covered this plus many more. I haven’t listened to the episode about this as I was watching the program at the time but it wouldn’t surprise me if it went into more detail than the show.

6 hours ago, StanSP said:

started watching Evil Genius. 

Expectations are high.

Good documentary, very strange, as you'll soon see.

IMO though, I think the first episode sets the bar too high and the following episodes don't live up to it as much.