Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

12 teams Vying for Promotion

i thought there was 24 teams in the championship so that means 24 teams are playing for promotion and 24 teams are fighting off relegation ,so this is a stupid thread to start with pointless thread

1) Wolves

2) Leicester

3) Middlesborough

4) Leeds

5) Sheffield Wednesday

6) Bolton

7) Charlton

8) Ipswich

9) Brighton

10) Blackburn

11) Blackpool

12) Birmingham ( provided they keep Chris Hughton)

The league is so open, I think it takes a brave man to predict. I cannot see Charlton, Brighton or Sheffield Wednesday challenging though... I think the likes of Burnley and Cardiff have got a better/equal chance. If Huddersfield come up, and I hope they do, I think they will be strong and possibly stronger than Charlton and Sheffield Wednesday.

If there is one thing true about the Championship it's that there are nearly always some surprises.

You really have little clue as to who will sign whom, which teams will go 'on a roll' (who would have thought The Saints or Reading would get top two?) and who will offload their better players.

A thread like this is a bit pointless at this time IMO.

Give it a week or two before the season starts again and the picture will be somewhat clearer.

Until then, enjoy the Euros and let Pearson do his stuff....

i thought there was 24 teams in the championship so that means 24 teams are playing for promotion and 24 teams are fighting off relegation ,so this is a stupid thread to start with pointless thread

Oh fvck off you massive cvnt

The Championship is tough and competitive every season no matter what teams are in it and It'll take a gigantic effort from any team to finish in the top 2 places.

I'm not really concerned who or which team will be a threat as they're all a threat like any other season.

We should be scared of no-one though, like we have been on occasions this season and I'm sure we'll be there or thereabouts.

Sheffield Wednesday, Cardiff missing from the OP

People saying no to Brighton? Brighton made a mistake with CMS, but they've a rich owner & a plan... the manager is no fool & has been able to attract talent to the club like Vicente

Blackburn could be dangerous if they get a decent manager in, they still have some very good players.

We'll be able to beat anyone in the division on our day, we'd also be able to lose to anyone... We just need to be consistent & grow a never say die mentality that we weren't able to foster last season.

Charlton with kermogant and n guessan as their deadly spearhead must be certs. And being a bit more serious stick a fiver on derby each way...

my manager is a shagger, he says that Cloughie has been told to sell and is not to happy with the owner.

I don't think it should be overlooked that 3 of 4 play off places were filled by relegated teams from Prem, so parachute payments and quality within squad are a big advantage.I personally do not see that being any different next year, in fact with the impact of impending FFP it will be more difficult as it will be harder for players to have a mercenary approach to their careers as clubs will be more prudent and selective! On a positive though, that is why I am delighted with NPs approach to transfer dealings and confident it will pay dividends.

Brighton i think will be hit with second season syndrome and Birmngham have the core of a squad to suceed even wthout Hughton. I dont really think you can comment on the relegated teams at this stage because there is normally a massive players turnaround so just have to wait to see who gets what first.

I think by the time the season comes around Leeds will be the one to watch. Warnock will reshape the squad and reignite the us against the world attitude that already exsists there. Someting similar to with QPR but with a bigger club. I think Brighton are a dark horse for the playoffs as they are a club on the up similar to Swansea a few years ago and they have a very good up and coming manager in Poyet.

Archived