Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
acooling08

Scottish Independence Poll

Do you want Scotland to leave the UK?  

313 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Scotland to leave the UK?

• Yes - I want Scotland to leave the UK.
    • No - I want Scotland to stay in the UK.
    • I don't know.
    • I don't care.

Oh yeah, and whilst we're about it, note to Ukraine/Russia - this is how civilised nations solve differences.

They are rioting in central Glasgow right now.  Nazi salutes, flag burning (saltires tonight) and sectarian songs.

A tiny minority, but it will play well with foreign countries who hate the UK.

The Yessers are already saying they told us so (as if a few hundred drunken Orcs represent 2m of us :rolleyes: ) 

They are rioting in central Glasgow right now.  Nazi salutes, flag burning (saltires tonight) and sectarian songs.

The Yessers are already saying they told us so (as if a few hundred drunken Orcs represent 2m of us :rolleyes: ) 

https://mtc.cdn.vine.co/r/videos_h264high/9C370D7F4F1124836624618942464_SW_WEBM_1411156158449e32a747f8d.mp4?versionId=45M6V9JWQhRyxxJmMf14yweJ2aNRtRx4

1 thing we definitely don't want is regional assemblies. We haven't just saved the union to break up England. I don't have a problem with councils having more power but the last thing we need is another layer of politicians on the gravy train.

Agree. The fact more and more authorities are trying to become unitaries shows there's already a craving for more local-focused government and less regional government.

Plus, I imagine we'd take huge offence to being governed from Nottingham (who no doubt would continue the kicking and screaming lie about Robin Hood to assure it became the seat of any regional assembly, heaven forbid it should ever happen).

I would be a bit worried standing next to a kilted jock at the urinal....how does that fookin work?

I've worn a kilt a few times.

You lift it up, point and and piss. If you need to, hold the end in your teeth (I mean the end of the kilt :ph34r:  )  After that it's just the same as trousers - no matter how much you shake, a bit of piss is always going to drip out and give you a "wet penny", just like it does when you wear underwear and trousers.

Oh... just me?  :unsure:  :unsure:

Well, this IS embarrassing.

I have to say that I've heard people saying "you can't ignore 45% of the people!" Clearly they don't understand how democracy works; though whether democracy "works" is an entirely different debate, you know what I mean.

You lift it up, point and and piss. If you need to, hold the end in your teeth (I mean the end of the kilt :ph34r:  )  After that it's just the same as trousers - no matter how much you shake, a bit of piss is always going to drip out and give you a "wet penny", just like it does when you wear underwear and trousers.

Ah, as the Jewish call it, the Gentile problem.

And you can do all that with high heels on? fair play to you...you have my admiration..

Rangers supporters and Orange order trying to wind up the yes voters.

Gordon Brown was very impressive in the NO campaign, much more convincing than the bumbling clown Darling. Wouldn't be surprised to see him make a return to front line Politics in Scotland eventually. He will never make it back south of the border though, rightly or wrongly people blame him for the financial crisis and it isn't a tag that can easily be shaken.

Glad I won't be seeing Salmonds fat face on my screen for much longer though, and better than that the whole Scotland debate has kept Farage and his cronies out of the news.

What dubious mathematics do you have to back that up? The SNP got 2 seats in 79 (losing 9).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Kingdom_general_election,_1979

Interesting that you find such a difference in politics between Cam Cam/Libs and Lab.

In many countries these people would be seen as same party with slightly differing views.

There is very little polemic in British politics these days.

at least with Foot and Maggie you could see a differing stance.

Microphones picked up the Prime Minister saying: "The definition of relief is being the Prime Minister of the United Kingdom and ringing the Queen and saying 'It's alright, it's okay'. That was something

If you want to see a load of swivel eyed paranoid conspiracy bollocks, check out #indyref on Twitter.

Sigh.

The Yessers remain loud but they also remain in the minority. They can't seem to accept that.

Rallies planned for this weekend to call for re-run of the referendum.

Double sigh.

If you want to see a load of swivel eyed paranoid conspiracy bollocks, check out #indyref on Twitter.

Sigh.

The Yessers remain loud but they also remain in the minority. They can't seem to accept that.

Double sigh.

When it gets like that, it's rather sad. Admit defeat, and if they really feel strongly enough about it, step back, regroup, formulate a new plan, and work on it. Get it water tight and come back again. All this moaning and all these consipiracy theories will only end up doing more harm than good.

Sigh.

Double sigh.

lol Have they marched on the BBC yet?

It would be mildly interesting and slightly credible had they lost by 0.1% of the vote, the fact they lost by about 400,000 in a country of just a few million makes it absolutely ridiculous.

lol Have they marched on the BBC yet?

It would be mildly interesting and slightly credible had they lost by 0.1% of the vote, the fact they lost by about 400,000 in a country of just a few million makes it absolutely ridiculous.

They laid seige to BBC Scotland for 4 hours last week, shouting abuse at ordinary workers (ie non-journos) going in...

According to Twitter, there is a plan in place to stage a mass non-payment of the licence fee.  :rolleyes:

That goes hand in hand with the plan to boycott the firms who "supported No" by pointing out the pitfalls of indy.

So: a refusal to accept a democratic vote, rallies to try to force a re-run of the vote, boycotts of business and intimidating fellow citizens.  Not sinister at all, no siree Bob... 

Archived