Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
chili_con_carne

Nuge

It`s blatantly obvious it was a sly little dig about his own situation.

I`m pleased that he`s not happy being on the bench, that`s how it should be.

He does need to be carefull what he says in public though, because knowing pearson, he is not going to be very impressed with somebody rocking the boat, and Nugent may well end up going the same way as Mills if he`s not carefull.

Beckford and Vardy were fine yesterday, and Nugent has to take it on the chin, bide his time, and then make it impossible for the manager to leave him out, when he gets his chance.

There's no doubt that it's a loaded comment with meaning very closely related to his current plight. And even if it is not he should be mature and sensible enough to forsee how it might be seen at this current moment in time and not Tweet it.

It's about how he applies himself when he's out of the team. It's a matter of professionalism.

Yes he can want to play and be annoyed at not being in the team, all very well that he's got that desire. But to keep quipping, whinghing and moaning on Twitter about it is not the best way to go about things. Team selection is Nigel's decision and to be publicly questioning what Pearson does on Twitter is wrong - I'm sure there are plenty of times when our bosses have pissed us off, we don't go on about it on Twitter do we?

There are others in his situation. Danns, King, Gallagher are all on Twitter but you hear nothing from them other than positivity about the team. Not their individual hardships and grievances. As I said in the post match thread, King is the perfect example of what you do to win your place back; work hard, apply yourself properly and take your chance when it comes. King's done it before and will do it again.

If Nugent carries on as he is no matter how well he did last season, and how much I like him as a player, with the attitude that he's currently displaying I don't want him around. Someone undermining Pearson so publicly and caring only for himself is a drain on the spirit of the team and the group. And we all no that if Pearson feels this is happening there will be only one end.

Couldn't agree more. From little acorns n all that...

Nuge should stop tweeting, get his head down and win his place back in the team.

I think he's under the wrong manager to be publically bitching, even if it's just a sly dig.

I wouldn't be surprised if Pearson doesn't play him now to show, again, that no one in the squad can demand a place in the first team.

Which HE stated were about Lambert. You demand facts from anyone that disagrees with you, but completely ignore facts that you don't like!!!!

You must be pretty naive if you think this has nothing to do with him being on the bench.

Which HE stated were about Lambert. You demand facts from anyone that disagrees with you, but completely ignore facts that you don't like!!!!

Completely ignore facts I don't like? Oh I would LOVE for you to expand upon this one.

Firstly I'm not slating the bloke, over what I consider to be comments on him not starting. That's a rather important factor.

Secondly we have written words to interpret, written by him and sent to the world. Whether it's about that game or not it's clear by saying that he believes he should be starting.... and rightfully so. You can only interpret it that way. "That's why you don't leave your leading goalscorers on the bench!". He is our top scorer, he is on the becnch, and he believes you shouldn't leave your top scorer on the bench... could it be any clearer?

You don't seem capable of differentiating this, and say, you absolutely slating Pearson about falling out with players left right and centre based on nothing but internet rumour and a player no longer being in the team.

Just a bit of banter - clever by Nuge cos you can't actually confirm that he is having a dig, but it is obviously inferred. I always see Nuge as a bit of a joker who enjoys his football and this is nothing more than a light hearted way of letting Nige know that he wants to be playing.

Completely ignore facts I don't like? Oh I would LOVE for you to expand upon this one.

Firstly I'm not slating the bloke, over what I consider to be comments on him not starting. That's a rather important factor.

Secondly we have written words to interpret, written by him and sent to the world. Whether it's about that game or not it's clear by saying that he believes he should be starting.... and rightfully so. You can only interpret it that way. "That's why you don't leave your leading goalscorers on the bench!". He is our top scorer, he is on the becnch, and he believes you shouldn't leave your top scorer on the bench... could it be any clearer?

You don't seem capable of differentiating this, and say, you absolutely slating Pearson about falling out with players left right and centre based on nothing but internet rumour and a player no longer being in the team.

It's exactly the same babylon ..... but one applies to me and one applies to you ..... and you can't see how ridiculous your defending of NP was when it was clear what he meant by the things he didn't say .... and it was clear what Nuge meant to from what he didn't say .... you decided to jump on one and defend the other.

But I can't be arsed to argue with you about it - you know it's hypocritical, i know it too.

Just a bit of banter - clever by Nuge cos you can't actually confirm that he is having a dig, but it is obviously inferred. I always see Nuge as a bit of a joker who enjoys his football and this is nothing more than a light hearted way of letting Nige know that he wants to be playing.

Hmmm

Not sure about that.

Nuge has looked pretty pissed off the last two games.

I hope this don't go sour...

It's exactly the same babylon ..... but one applies to me and one applies to you ..... and you can't see how ridiculous your defending of NP was when it was clear what he meant by the things he didn't say .... and it was clear what Nuge meant to from what he didn't say .... you decided to jump on one and defend the other.

But I can't be arsed to argue with you about it - you know it's hypocritical, i know it too.

No it's not exactly the same though is it. It's hardly surprising you have jumped to "I can't be arsed to argue" after one post because clearly you are talking out of your arris.

I have interpreted written word and I am not even having a go at him.

You have interpreted (looking at your above post) something Pearson didn't say (righteo) and are using it to slaughter someone.

And you cannot see the difference? lol

Oh and I'm still awaiting these facts that I have ignored because I don't like them. Are these the same facts you mention above. You know the ones you came up with from things Pearson didn't actually say? WTF.

It's clearly a cheeky jibe about his current situation, and anyone who says otherwise is kidding themselves, but I'm not gonna go off on one about it and nor should anyone else. At the very least, it shows that he has the hunger and desire to play every match, which is exactly what fans like to see. If Pearson has a problem with it, then I trust him to deal with it accordingly.

Archived