Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
chili_con_carne

Nuge

FFS it's not a sly dig. As posted in other thread

nuge101235

@DumDumBloke what game u watching? Going on about lambert mate!

19/08/2012 17:41

nuge101235

@Rust16 who mentioned leicester game?

19/08/2012 17:34

Nugent was last seasons top scorer, he started the last two games on the bench. I don't think he's happy with that, neither should he be. I think he worded that with this fact in the back of his mind that's all. It's still no big deal, Nugent will get his chance to start eventually, but you have to agree that his circumstances were quite similar. (except Lambert scored when he came on)

I think its absolutely disgusting that a professional footballer wants to play football.

He may or may not be referring to his own situation, but if he were to be, surely the Mills saga would be a lesson to all. You get your head down and work hard, don't bitch to a website where you boast thousands of followers.

There's no doubt that it's a loaded comment with meaning very closely related to his current plight. And even if it is not he should be mature and sensible enough to forsee how it might be seen at this current moment in time and not Tweet it.

It's about how he applies himself when he's out of the team. It's a matter of professionalism.

Yes he can want to play and be annoyed at not being in the team, all very well that he's got that desire. But to keep quipping, whinghing and moaning on Twitter about it is not the best way to go about things. Team selection is Nigel's decision and to be publicly questioning what Pearson does on Twitter is wrong - I'm sure there are plenty of times when our bosses have pissed us off, we don't go on about it on Twitter do we?

There are others in his situation. Danns, King, Gallagher are all on Twitter but you hear nothing from them other than positivity about the team. Not their individual hardships and grievances. As I said in the post match thread, King is the perfect example of what you do to win your place back; work hard, apply yourself properly and take your chance when it comes. King's done it before and will do it again.

If Nugent carries on as he is no matter how well he did last season, and how much I like him as a player, with the attitude that he's currently displaying I don't want him around. Someone undermining Pearson so publicly and caring only for himself is a drain on the spirit of the team and the group. And we all no that if Pearson feels this is happening there will be only one end.

There's no doubt that it's a loaded comment with meaning very closely related to his current plight. And even if it is not he should be mature and sensible enough to forsee how it might be seen at this current moment in time and not Tweet it.

It's about how he applies himself when he's out of the team. It's a matter of professionalism.

Yes he can want to play and be annoyed at not being in the team, all very well that he's got that desire. But to keep quipping, whinghing and moaning on Twitter about it is not the best way to go about things. Team selection is Nigel's decision and to be publicly questioning what Pearson does on Twitter is wrong - I'm sure there are plenty of times when our bosses have pissed us off, we don't go on about it on Twitter do we?

There are others in his situation. Danns, King, Gallagher are all on Twitter but you hear nothing from them other than positivity about the team. Not their individual hardships and grievances. As I said in the post match thread, King is the perfect example of what you do to win your place back; work hard, apply yourself properly and take your chance when it comes. King's done it before and will do it again.

If Nugent carries on as he is no matter how well he did last season, and how much I like him as a player, with the attitude that he's currently displaying I don't want him around. Someone undermining Pearson so publicly and caring only for himself is a drain on the spirit of the team and the group. And we all no that if Pearson feels this is happening there will be only one end.

What a joke

It's one game, he came on to assist in the result, he'll start games, he'll be on the bench... it's a squad

Nothing like causing strife when no strife is there

45]

People read far to much into tweets! Was I the only one watching man city v saints! Haha

Don't they just. Even if it was intentional, to point to himself not starting, then what is the problem? If he criticised the club, fans, the staff or his team mates then fair enough but this is a nothing story with little or no substance.

45]

People read far to much into tweets! Was I the only one watching man city v saints! Haha

What do you expect him to say after the fact, yes I was having a dig at Nige, I should be starting just like Lambert should have.

He might just like winding people up on purpose for all I know. He's naive or stupid if he doesn't realise that can be taken in another way. No matter what he meant by it.

Okay a little theory ! Remember seeing on twitter during the summer that he, danns, peltier, Marshall and a few others went on a lads holiday in Vegas. Nuge had to leave early cuz apparently he had drunk too much and remember him getting stick on twitter getting called a lightweight lol this has clearly got back to big Nige and has sold peltier, benched danns and Nuge and Marshall is just too good ! In all seriousness though I think he will be starting Saturday. If not I don't know why - he can score a goal out of nothing which we saw so much last season. his goals at Portsmouth and Southampton perfect examples. Opinions?

Who should he replace out of interest? Vardy or Beckford?

Even though Nuge is quality i wouldnt want him to replace the front 2 against p'borough

He's coming across as very bitter....

no he isn't

Championship's top scorer comes on & scores a goal against the champions within 2mins... he sends a Tweet about what he just saw

everything else is in your head... or the heads of the gossipers on here

Who should he replace out of interest? Vardy or Beckford?

Even though Nuge is quality i wouldnt want him to replace the front 2 against p'borough

I'd replace Beckord with Nugent against Charlton personally. I wouldn't class it as dropping Beckford though but as squad rotation.

I sit in the West stand,when he was warming up he was smiling,he acknowledge the crowd and then when he came on as sub he put a shift in.

He has nothing to answer to,Some people are to quick to pull the trigger.

FFS, some people are quick to pull the trigger on people they think are pulling the trigger, when they are not.

It's not the end of the world, but he really needs to stop making these comments that obviously can be seen as little digs, football is a team game, he is going to get his chance and all of the players need to be positive, he should be showing that he deserves a place in the team in training and coming off the bench (Not saying he isn't) and not be moaning about it on twitter where everyone can see it. Not saying it's all that important and obviously we don't need to do anything about it but he really shouldn't be broadcasting any problem he has to the fans, I just don't think that's helpfull myself though I'm sure most will disagree.

Archived