Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
chili_con_carne

Nuge

Have you read through his tweets? Next to nothing and really not worth people talking about Nugent leaving or falling out with Pearson.

No mate, don't get me wrong, of course I'm not talking about fallings out or anyone leaving the club. Call me old fashioned... lol... But I think matters of the club, including players opinions, whether they be said 'tongue in cheek' or not, should stay within the club. Boring bar steward I may be (... Shit that's opened me up for some insults.. ) but I reckon it's from little things like this that bigger issues can grow.

I know if I were Pearson and found out that any of my players were tweeting little comments like this, I'd frown a little.. Just a little... And the seed of doubt may be sown.

Just mi opinion and I could be way off the mark. I'm just saying how I think I'd react.

No mate, don't get me wrong, of course I'm not talking about fallings out or anyone leaving the club. Call me old fashioned... lol... But I think matters of the club, including players opinions, whether they be said 'tongue in cheek' or not, should stay within the club. Boring bar steward I may be (... Shit that's opened me up for some insults.. ) but I reckon it's from little things like this that bigger issues can grow.

I know if I were Pearson and found out that any of my players were tweeting little comments like this, I'd frown a little.. Just a little... And the seed of doubt may be sown.

Just mi opinion and I could be way off the mark. I'm just saying how I think I'd react.

But surely if Pearson doesn't come out and make a statement to satisfy a few keyboard warriors that means there is a problem between them?

I mean, Pearson is known throughout football as being very open and talkative about everything. So him not commenting on pure speculation has to be a clear indication of a problem.

He usually spends hours answering Stringers silly questions without as much as batting an eyelid. So for one I will be concerned if nothing is said, and could possibly only draw one conclusion from it... trouble.

I think players have to be allowed to tweet if they so wish but there is no reason the club couldn't take disciplinary action should a player cross the line. Whether he tweets about not playing or keeps things to himself he will still kick off about not playing if he is pissed off enough. If Pearson can't handle this situation then we have much bigger problems than twitter to think about.

But surely if Pearson doesn't come out and make a statement to satisfy a few keyboard warriors that means there is a problem between them?

I mean, Pearson is known throughout football as being very open and talkative about everything. So him not commenting on pure speculation has to be a clear indication of a problem.

He usually spends hours answering Stringers silly questions without as much as batting an eyelid. So for one I will be concerned if nothing is said, and could possibly only draw one conclusion from it... trouble.

I ain't very bright Babs.. Was that you agreeing with what I posted, or disagreeing?

Genuine question.

I think players have to be allowed to tweet if they so wish but there is no reason the club couldn't take disciplinary action should a player cross the line. Whether he tweets about not playing or keeps things to himself he will still kick off about not playing if he is pissed off enough. If Pearson can't handle this situation then we have much bigger problems than twitter to think about.

Yeah I guess that's fair enough Marty.

Personally I don't think I'd even take the risk.

Just listened to Pearson's post-match interview:

"I will try and be as fair as possible. But the only thing I'm really bothered about is the group buying into the fact that we're all here to get success together. There will be disappointments along the way for individuals but they're gonna have to deal with it"

Is Tweeting about being on the bench buying into the fact that we're all here to get success together? Is Tweeting about it dealing with it?

Tread carefully Nugent :thumbup:

"I will try and be as fair as possible. But the only thing I'm really bothered about is the group buying into the fact that we're all here to get success together. There will be disappointments along the way for individuals but they're gonna have to deal with it"

Is Tweeting about being on the bench buying into the fact that we're all here to get success together? Is Tweeting about it dealing with it?

Exactly what I'm saying FW

:thumbup:

Pearson has made it clear on more than one occassion already that this season is going to be a 'squad effort'.

I think what he didn't say has more meaning.

Maybe he uses humour as a defence mechanism because of his embarrassment at not starting.

No but there is a I'm out my depth, I'll try and make out I'm above it all emoticon.

It's this...

:banana:

If I'm ever out of my depth with you Babylon then I'll let you know.

Until then you carry on banging the same drum - it's not boring at all.

Archived