Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
chili_con_carne

Nuge

Haha, I posted that before reading through all the other posts, Just to confirm, all of those posts were NOT by him? Obviously some were just ridiculous but the early ones were spot on lol

lol most of them are Nugent, some of these you just couldn't make up

david nugent â€@nuge101235

Can't believe Jamie Vardy has taken the shirt right off my back img:http://www.theoffside.com/files/2007/10/untitled-1.jpg

Expand

I'm not surprised he's on the bench, when he came on he looked slow and off the pace, also looked to have a bit more timber than last year. Beckford and Vardy were excellent yesterday and Nugent's going to have to bide his time or look elsewhere.

I thought that as well actually. Nothing he can't put right within a few weeks though. I still have him down as one of our top two scorers this year. I really like Nuge. That's what would annoy me most about these twitter comments. If Nige doesn't see the funny side, then it would be a shame to see him frozen out over something so trivial. Not that I think he would or should be.

Would be happy to see Nugent start vs Charlton with Beckford or Vardy. Would be inclined to rest Vardy as he's far less likely to have a strop than the other 2.

Players won't stay in the team just so they don't get in a tiz and if they did that would be shambolic management

I don't have a twitter account, and I thought all those were real at first. Good effort though lol

Would be happy to see Nugent start vs Charlton with Beckford or Vardy. Would be inclined to rest Vardy as he's far less likely to have a strop than the other 2.

I don't see the point in changing a winning team, to be honest. I wouldn't especially drop Vardy. I've seen in other threads people are using the words 'tired' and 'rest'... They've only played 90 minutes of football this season.

Current plight ? ffs We have played one game. What attitude ? Where the hell has all this shite come from ? Do you write scripts for Eastenders ?

Plight: A dangerous, difficult, or otherwise unfortunate situation

As top goalscorer last year, and undoubtedly a very good player at this level, you can see why Nugent may be finding being on the bench difficult. Similarly I don't think it would be unreasonable to say that this situation is somewhat unfortunate.

With attitude being related to the way that one conducts themselves, and reflected in their behaviour, there is certainly some attitude on display by Nugent at the minute. I wasn't at Torquay (the first of two games we have played by the way), but others have noted his body language. No one else seemed to question this interpretation at the time.

On Saturday, I noticed that at half time the coach had the subs doing a passing exercise. The first time it was passed to Nugent he turned, ran about twenty yards away from the group and balsted it as hard as he could over the bar at 'The Kop' end. Some would say he was joking around, good for team spirit etc. Couple this with Tweets about being on the bench, I think it's fair to say that he might not be taking being on the bench too seriously. As previously stated, have you seen anyone else in the same situation acting in such a manner?

So 'all this shite' has come from observing the way Nugent has conducted himself over the last week. With people questioning his behaviour there is no agenda. This isn't a Beckford or a Mills whereby the player's quality and worth is questioned, where the fanbase is divided in opinion. Nugent is one of our best players, but he's playing a dangerous game. As others have alluded to, would you see Rooney doing this with Ferguson? Jelavic with Moyes?

So, whilst no I don't write scripts for Eastenders, there might be a soap opera ending if Pearson feels his decisions are being questioned or his authority is being compromised.

Plight: A dangerous, difficult, or otherwise unfortunate situation

As top goalscorer last year, and undoubtedly a very good player at this level, you can see why Nugent may be finding being on the bench difficult. Similarly I don't think it would be unreasonable to say that this situation is somewhat unfortunate.

With attitude being related to the way that one conducts themselves, and reflected in their behaviour, there is certainly some attitude on display by Nugent at the minute. I wasn't at Torquay (the first of two games we have played by the way), but others have noted his body language. No one else seemed to question this interpretation at the time.

On Saturday, I noticed that at half time the coach had the subs doing a passing exercise. The first time it was passed to Nugent he turned, ran about twenty yards away from the group and balsted it as hard as he could over the bar at 'The Kop' end. Some would say he was joking around, good for team spirit etc. Couple this with Tweets about being on the bench, I think it's fair to say that he might not be taking being on the bench too seriously. As previously stated, have you seen anyone else in the same situation acting in such a manner?

So 'all this shite' has come from observing the way Nugent has conducted himself over the last week. With people questioning his behaviour there is no agenda. This isn't a Beckford or a Mills whereby the player's quality and worth is questioned, where the fanbase is divided in opinion. Nugent is one of our best players, but he's playing a dangerous game. As others have alluded to, would you see Rooney doing this with Ferguson? Jelavic with Moyes?

So, whilst no I don't write scripts for Eastenders, there might be a soap opera ending if Pearson feels his decisions are being questioned or his authority is being compromised.

You are living on another planet & making something out of way, way, way, way, way less than nothing.

They are not all fake. All but one, he did say:

"That's why you don't leave your leading goalscorers on the bench!"

You can still see it on his page:

https://twitter.com/nuge101235

The 2 tweets that everyone is making so much of are the ones about great view from the bench and that one. Both of which he put people right about when asked as you can also see on his page. The rest is a wind up

The 2 tweets that everyone is making so much of are the ones about great view from the bench and that one. Both of which he put people right about when asked as you can also see on his page. The rest is a wind up

Yes I know, I just thought you meant that they were all made up, including those two. :thumbup:

Archived