Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

P'boro Player Ratings

Quite a positive performance over all with a few players perhaps calming the hysteria of some of our doubters.

Kasper: 6 - Little to do really. What he did he, mostly, did calmly beside the odd bit of wonky delivery.

De Laet: 7 - Looked positive, committed to going forward and energetic with some good touches. Good prospect.

Moore: 7 - Calm, mature performance, did little wrong though was rarely challenged.

Morgan: 8 - Absolutely solid, great reading of the game and a great header.

Konchesky: 7 - Busy, like De Laet, strong going forward and with almost a sharper burst of pace than last year.

Marshall: 6 - Some good ideas and some obvious quality but hesitant sometimes in possession and a little lacking in his execution. Good corners, though.

James: 6 - Showed some flashes of composure and quality but clearly still bedding in. One to watch but nothing spectacular.

Drinkwater: 7 - Another performance in the vein of Sunderland and Torquay, though a little less clinical with his passing. Worked hard, closed down well and distributed smartly.

Dyer: 6 - Full of running and looked confident taking his man on but his end product was poor today, though his turn of speed terrified Peterborough.

Beckford: 7 - Got his head to a fair few long balls and looks very in sync with Vardy, worked his socks off by last seasons' standards and really deserved his ovation.

Vardy: 8 - Man of the match for me, hard work for King's goal and was constantly full of endeavor down the flanks. A good first touch and plenty of pace, showed really clear signs he can compete well at this level.

Subs:

King: 7 - Much better from King and hints that he's returning to better form, beautifully taken goal straight from his late-arrival textbook.

Knockaert: 7 - Entertaining, tricky and a little bit bewildering. Another one who looked full of running and backed up the words of the Guingamp fans by giving himself fully to the defensive effort. Gave the ball away once or twice as the result of high-risk play but always worked to get it back.

Nugent: 6 - Still seems a little jaded and struggling for form and sharpness but didn't really put a foot wrong.

All in all some pretty good reasons to be optimistic.

Oh - and they were abysmal.

Will give mine.

Schmeichel 7 - Nothing much to do, but the saves he had to make were top class

De Laet 7 - Average first half, looked better in the second

Morgan 9 - Never put a foot wrong, dominated from start to finish

Moore 8 - Looked very composed again, one slip but apart from that I like this lad very much

Konchesky 7 - Consistent as per usual

Marshall 7 - Struggled in the early stages, but looked dangerous in the second half

Drinkwater 7 - Didn't dominate but pressured well, looked better in second half

James 7 - Really like this lad, like the way he plays

Dyer 7 - Very dangerous in parts, but end product again slightly disappointing

Vardy 8 - Impressed me, looked very sharp, good on the ball and linked well

Beckford 7 - Looked better that is all

King 8 - Huge positive today was King, looked sharp and looked up for it, pleased for him

Knockaert 7 - All about flair, bags of tricks and entertainment

Nugent 6 - Didn't do too much when he came on

Kasper - 7 some good saves second half but some dodgy kicking too.

De laet - 7 on this showing far far better than Peltier.

Morgan - 8

Moore - 8

Konchesky - 7

Marshall - 6 not the best of games but always a good outlet out wide

Drinkwater - 8 looks a different player to last season

James - 6 he did well, was more involved than at Torquay but still not sure this is the best combination I like Danns but he appears to be out of favour.

Dyer - 5 same old Dyer, lots of running, no end product, lashing at shots

Beckford - 7

Vardy - 7 thought he struggled a bit first half, but he seems to be adapting well.

Subs:

King - 7 welcome back, a fantastic finish for the goal and he even put a few tackles in.

Knockaert - 7

Nugent - 6

Kasper- 8 didnt do much wrong and a 2 good saves near the end

RDL - 8 Good going forward and solid at the back

Moore - 8 Solid,some vital interceptions too

Morgan 9 MOTM great defensive game, led by example and great header that seemed to spur us on

Koncheskey - 8 Same as RDL

Marshall - 7 Looked slightly hesitant but still delivered some great crosses and a few good shots

Drinkwater 7 Shaky passing sometimes in the first half but great 2nd half performance

James 7 All round solid defensive midfield performance, kept the ball moving with some good, simple passing

Dyer - 7 Lighting pace and a few good deliveries only let down by a few wayward shots

Beckford - 7 Worked very hard didnt really get a chance on goal but a good team performance by him

Vardy - 8 Worked hard too, some great work out wide too especially to set Kings goal up

Subs

King - 8 Playing deeper in midfield did well and a super finish running in just at the last second like we all said he should!

Knockaert - 8 Looks a real talent, only gave it away once and seemed to make things happen, oh and he likes doing stepovers :P

Nugent - 7 Didn't have long but kept the ball in possession well to see out the match

Kasper's distribution a recurring theme again then? :(

Could really do with him going hell for leather improving his development areas

It wasn't too bad some of his low goal kicks found a teammate although that was more to do with luck than anything!

Kasper's distribution a recurring theme again then? :(

Could really do with him going hell for leather improving his development areas

Just strikes me as complacency. The ones that go awry are the ones that he looks far too casual kicking as if he's just posturing.

Kasper 7

De Laet 7 - liked him.

Morgan 8 - flawless. Great goal too.

Moore 8 - not a foot wrong. Good to see.

Konch 7

Marshall 6 - not great but a few decent corners. If Gallagher served up that first half he'd have been booed off the pitch, mind...

James 7

Drinkwater 7

Dyer 6 - mental that he can still scare the shit out of defences despite being unable to kick a ball properly.

Becks 7 - good effort.

Vardy 8.5 - MOTM. Bossed it, chased everything and a top assist for King's goal.

King 7.5 - lovely finish.

Knockaert 7 - exciting and full of energy.

Nuge n/a

8 for everyone for me as well. Great team effort, full of energy and determination. Thought all the new signings did well too, as well as Moore. Very impressed with De Laet, James and Vardy. Glad Gallagher didn't get anywhere near the squad though.

Surprised at the low marks for Dyer was getting a lot of praise from the Radio Cambridgeshire commentators, constant threat and caused the Posh defence lots of problems.

His end product was woeful, to be honest.

I like Lloyd Dyer and I stick to my opinion that he has a future at the club as long as we're at this level, he scares the shit out of defences like Peterborough and that undoubtedly helps stretch them. It's just his own runs rarely come to much.

I'd like to see him retained as an impact substitute and as cover but I hope Knoackaert grows in to a starting player once he settles.

Alan young was saying de laet was quite poor. sounded similar to peltier by that he was letting people run past him.

Alan Young is an idiot and Radio Leicester are notoriously awful.

De Laet was pretty solid and athletic going forward. They never gave us any trouble.

Dyer was excellent today caused real panic but yet again end product. Definately will have a part to play this season.

King impressed me coming on looked a bit more like 'that season' self and De Laet looks to be good going forward not too convinved about his defensive qualities but wasnt overally tested today so time will tell.

Alan young was saying de laet was quite poor. sounded similar to peltier by that he was letting people run past him.

Did he ??? Jeez - Usain Bolt would have a job to run past him ! None of the (slightly-on-the-solid-side) Posh players did that I can recall !!

I know this will be controversial, but when King replaced James, Peterborough had their best attacking spell and it reiterates my concerns about King and his defensive qualities. I'm pleased with King's goal today and if he can get double figures for the season he'll be a real asset to the team, but those on here who have described King as a defensive midfielder are wrong IMO. On a much more positive note, thought it was an excellent team performance, with De Laet, Moore, Drinkwater and Morgan outstanding for me. Feel good about our chances this season mainly because our bench is very strong and can change games, with Futacs, Whitbread and SSL still to return, things look quite roiey in the Leicester City garden

Schmeichel 7

De Laet 6.5

Morgan 8

Moore 7

Konchesky 6

Marshall 7

Drinkwater 7.5

James 6

Dyer 6

Vardy 7

Beckford 6

Subs: