Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Blackburn Pre-Match

Who remembers the Rooster running like the wind and scoring a fantastic goal at Ewood Park

I remember him challenging the keeper and charging the ball down. The ball ricocheted past the keeper and he ran on to it. Nothing particularly fantastic about it apart from it being the winner. He should have finished it off with a diving header or chipped it up and hit it in with his a*se. That would have been fantastic

I remember him challenging the keeper and charging the ball down. The ball ricocheted past the keeper and he ran on to it. Nothing particularly fantastic about it apart from it being the winner. He should have finished it off with a diving header or chipped it up and hit it in with his a*se. That would have been fantastic

We all went utterly bonkers when he charged it down... lol

Bobby Mimms in goal I think?

Great chance to nick something here - Blackburn are a woeful side - let's see if Nige has the brains to turn it round, anything less than a win will be dismal after last night

Ah, I see what you're doing here. Clever. Making it look like we should all expect to thrash a side who've been PL in all but two of its 20 seasons, and are one of only 5 teams to have ever won it, at their ground, so you can gloat and stick the knife in when we don't hammer them, which we almost certainly won't.

Guess what? As incompetent as I and many others think Steve Kean is as a manager, this is still one of the toughest fixtures we'll get this season, and I'd be happy with a draw. I still remain optimistic for the season, though.

The last team this woeful side, according to Seenitall, put out:

Blackburn Rovers

• 01 Robinson
  • 02 Orr
  • 05 Givet
  • 16 Dann
  • 06 Lowe
  • 10 Formica (Ms Olsson - 71' )
  • 12 Pedersen
  • 13 Murphy (Jorge - 83' )
  • 18 Etuhu
  • 21 Nuno Gomes (Dunn - 71' )
  • 39 Kazim-Richards

Substitutes

• 34 Kean
  • 31 G Hanley
  • 32 Ribeiro
  • 08 Dunn
  • 14 Ms Olsson
  • 17 Jorge
  • 25 Goodwillie

Really woeful, that.

I totally agree with Raw Dykes... It will be a tough game on Saturday, no doubt. Blackburn have added quality to their squad in the summer, and haven't lost too many key players.

Personally, I'm hoping Hull can get a result at Ewood Park tonight. This would set us up for Saturday, and we need to get an early goal. I think this could contribute to the Blackburn fans turning on the team, as we all saw last season.

Who remembers the Rooster running like the wind and scoring a fantastic goal at Ewood Park

We all went utterly bonkers when he charged it down... lol

Bobby Mimms in goal I think?

You're welcome.

Red away kit as well. :wub:

Ah, I see what you're doing here. Clever. Making it look like we should all expect to thrash a side who've been PL in all but two of its 20 seasons, and are one of only 5 teams to have ever won it, at their ground, so you can gloat and stick the knife in when we don't hammer them, which we almost certainly won't.

Guess what? As incompetent as I and many others think Steve Kean is as a manager, this is still one of the toughest fixtures we'll get this season, and I'd be happy with a draw. I still remain optimistic for the season, though.

The last team this woeful side, according to Seenitall, put out:

Blackburn Rovers

• 01 Robinson
  • 02 Orr
  • 05 Givet
  • 16 Dann
  • 06 Lowe
  • 10 Formica (Ms Olsson - 71' )
  • 12 Pedersen
  • 13 Murphy (Jorge - 83' )
  • 18 Etuhu
  • 21 Nuno Gomes (Dunn - 71' )
  • 39 Kazim-Richards

Substitutes

• 34 Kean
  • 31 G Hanley
  • 32 Ribeiro
  • 08 Dunn
  • 14 Ms Olsson
  • 17 Jorge
  • 25 Goodwillie

Really woeful, that.

Bit too deep for me - so if we lose that's alright then because we shouldn't expect to beat ex Prem teams (there's 9 points gone on the alter of low expectation)

Bit too deep for me - so if we lose that's alright then because we shouldn't expect to beat ex Prem teams (there's 9 points gone on the alter of low expectation)

Not just any old ex-PL teams, but one with the likes of Danny Murphy, Nuno Gomes, Morten Gamst Pedersen and Dickson Etuhu amongst their ranks, pretty much. I don't think there'll be many of us expecting all 3 points from a trip to Ewood Park this season. Why do you?

Not just any old ex-PL teams, but one with the likes of Danny Murphy, Nuno Gomes, Morten Gamst Pedersen and Dickson Etuhu amongst their ranks, pretty much. I don't think there'll be many of us expecting all 3 points from a trip to Ewood Park this season. Why do you?

He doesn't.

He's making out he does.

Reverse psychology, you were right mate.

Then of course when we do beat one of the division's lesser lights, the reaction will be that we should be beating teams like that easily anyway so no credit can come from the victory. Tiresome.

4-2-3-1 so we dont get overrun in the middle and get the best out of Marshall

Kasper

De Laet

Moore

Morgan

Konchesky

King

Drinkwater

Knockeart

Marshall

Vardy

Nugent

Amazing how many of us average fans think this but you can bet your bottom dollar he'll stick to 4-4-2 and most probablly stick with Dyer and maybe even Beckford!

''On paper' I think they have a stronger squad than we do.

However, it appears that Steve Kean only has to come out the dugout and their fans bay for his blood.

Therefore we have our best chance of beating them by playing them now, I would say.

Everyone's gotta play really well though.. No defensive blunders or missed sitters.

Lets go and beat them, they will be cheering us on for a win no doubt due to wanting Kean Out such an atmosphere will be to our advantage imo.

I agree, especially if they don't win tonight (currently 0-0) and we are able to get an early goal on Saturday.

Archived