Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Blackburn Pre-Match

SSL has just said (among a lot of other things) that he will be back for Burton on Tues! So this is the last game without some defensive cover.

Touch wood. As the actress said to the bishop.

I think it will make a big difference when either one of St. Ledger or Whitbread are available. I think Moore has a lot of potential, but he is still learning, and having competition for places in defence will be a benefit.

I think if we win tomorrow and thus have 6 points out of 9, the bulk of us would actually think that's a very good start to the season?

I know I would...

:thumbup:

So would I, especially as we dominated Charlton as well despite the loss. We'll find a lot to complain about with 9pts out of 9. Even if it's Pearsons square hair cut

Merc

Leicester City will take the fight to Blackburn Rovers at Ewood Park today, manager Nigel Pearson has pledged.

City have adopted an open, attacking approach so far this season and Pearson said he would not change his tactics ahead of their trip to face Rovers, despite their defeat on the road in midweek at Charlton Athletic.

• ​4077763.jpg
    Leicester City manager Nigel Pearson looks forward to playing Blackburn at Ewood Park

"We will be positive again," he said. "It is important we go to try and win games.

"We have some good attacking options but it is about getting the balance right. We conceded a couple of poor goals the other night and, unfortunately, didn't take our chances.

"That is how things go sometimes. We have to recover from that and not dwell on the fact it was a missed opportunity.

"It is frustrating when we don't finish the chances. All in all, there is a good application from the squad in terms of trying to do the right things.

"Sometimes we won't get everything right, but I know the players will work exceptionally hard to put that right. It is back to work now and, hopefully, we will get the right result today."

Despite the defeat at The Valley on Tuesday, Pearson believes his side are shaping up nicely for the season and is confident they will have a successful campaign.

"In general I am happy," he said. "We are two games into the league, and we have had a cup game already. There is no rest from it and the games are coming thick and fast.

"I am disappointed about losing the game at Charlton on Tuesday but all in all there are some good signs there.

"The players are disappointed we didn't get something out of the game because, clearly, we created enough opportunities to win it, never mind anything else.

"But we didn't and that is the bottom line. The next game comes along and we have to be ready for that one.

"Already the league has shown it will be one where there will be some odd results here and there. We have to make sure we have to bounce back with a positive result and produce another positiveperformance.

"All in all, there is a good application from the squad in terms of trying to do the right things.

"I know the players will work exceptionally hard to put that right. It is back to work now and hopefully we will get the right result today."

Merc

Midfielder Andy King could be set for his first league start of the season today at Blackburn Rovers after kicking off the campaign in fantastic goalscoring form.

The Wales international has scored in both of Leicester City's opening Championship fixtures after coming on as a second-half substitute – and he has a fantastic goals to minute ratio of two from 79 minutes of action.

• ​4077784.jpg
    LEMS20120728C-045_C

It isn't quite the best in the division as Birmingham City's Nikola Zigic has scored twice in just 49 minutes of action, but King's contribution and his finishing prowess comes as no surprise to his team-mates.

"We see that finishing day in and day out in training," said goalkeeper Kasper Schm-eichel.

"I am so happy for him that it is going right in games because he works so hard every day in training.

"He is a willing runner, he works hard during the games and in the gym. He does all the stuff he has to do and is very professional in his approach, and he deserves it.

"I hope for his sake it continues because he is one of the really good guys in football and he deserves all the positives.

"He has been here a long time and as a player coming in he is very welcoming. That was great for a player like myself when I came in last season.

"As a footballer he is exceptional. I remember playing against him and of the team talks being a lot about him, about him arriving late in the box and his shooting.

"I face him every day in training and he is a top-class finisher. He is a top-class midfielder with huge potential still."

Schmeichel has also been full of praise for City's strikers, despite the number of missed chances at Charlton on Tuesday night.

"We created a lot of chances on Tuesday and it is testament to the hard work of our midfield and strikers, who are making good runs," he said.

"There is a lot of strength in depth there. Jermaine Beckford has been working exceptionally hard and has made a good partnership with Jamie Vardy.

"Dave Nugent has come on and done very well. It is a massive dilemma for the gaffer who to pick because there are so many options.

"Marko Futacs is on his way back from injury and Martyn Waghorn is waiting. There are a lot of players who can do a job for us up there."

Apparently Hull were defensive against Blackburn, and their fans think we will attack more which will see how good they are. They don't seem very confident on their forums lol

Have to say I'm not too confident, I just hope we get the first goal which turns the Blackburn fans! But six points from three games, including Charlton and Blackburn away (both tough) would be decent... Can't wait though, been a good 9 years since I've been to Ewood Park.

I think if we win tomorrow and thus have 6 points out of 9, the bulk of us would actually think that's a very good start to the season?

I know I would...

:thumbup:

Absolutely mate. I know we're only two games in but it doesn't strike me as a season where someone will run away with the league.

Apparently Hull were defensive against Blackburn, and their fans think we will attack more which will see how good they are. They don't seem very confident on their forums lol

Have to say I'm not too confident, I just hope we get the first goal which turns the Blackburn fans! But six points from three games, including Charlton and Blackburn away (both tough) would be decent... Can't wait though, been a good 9 years since I've been to Ewood Park.

My mate is a huge Blackburn fan he text me saying "Enjoy your win because we are gash" and "22/1 for Leicester to win 3-1 is worth a couple of quid"

:crylaugh: :crylaugh: :crylaugh: at all those who think we will line up anything other than 442, NP bought in players to play that formation and have spent all pre-season playing in that way. We have dominated the majority of our 2 games so far playing this way.

As for Kean, he replaced a popular manager on the back of one bad result, and has kept his job after 20 bad results in one season, there is something dodgy going on, anybody who comes into to a mid-table team and pretty much puts them on an inevitable course to relegation and doesn't lose their job before the inevitable relegation must have pictures of the owner's daughter in the nude as blackmail leverage.

I love Andy King and he deserves to start but I really don't think he should - unless we play 4-5-1.

He goes missing in too many games and whatever people say about B'burn, they've a strong side, especially in midfield.

I love Andy King and he deserves to start but I really don't think he should - unless we play 4-5-1.

He goes missing in too many games and whatever people say about B'burn, they've a strong side, especially in midfield.

I would like to see kingy play. we will then have more legs and chances for goals from our central midfield with king and DD, but etuhu and murphy will have the quality.

Archived