Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Blackburn Pre-Match

Only 13,000 at Ewood Park tonight shows how much they are disillusioned.

The next Coventry if they don't go up this season.

Unless of course it's an actual bona fide boycott that will dissipate when they're doing well or Kean goes.

Are you sure? I must have missed that. How bad was it?

Said on Sky that he was down for sometime clutching his knee, didn't need the stretcher but hobbled off with assistance.

Fingers crossed he's out for Saturday!

Edit......just seen it on SSN. Doesn't look great for him. Lot of ground slapping!

Who remembers the Rooster running like the wind and scoring a fantastic goal at Ewood Park

I was a 5yr old and it was my first ever away game. Remember learning plenty of new swear words on the train journey with the Blue Army faithful!

We played in red kit if I remember right?

Said on Sky that he was down for sometime clutching his knee, didn't need the stretcher but hobbled off with assistance.

Fingers crossed he's out for Saturday!

Edit......just seen it on SSN. Doesn't look great for him. Lot of ground slapping!

Lets hope so, we could do with a bit of luck in a game like this. He will be full of confidence after two goals in two games. Would be a blow to them if he doesn't make it.

Whatever your beliefs on the competency of Steve Kean, Blackburn possess probably the strongest first team 11 in the championship. This will be a very stern test.

3 central midfielders is a must. End of story. Successful teams do not play a 4-4-2 any more.

id be looking along the lines of:

Kasper

De Laet

Moore

Morgan

Konchesky

King

Drinkwater

Vardy

Knockaert

Marshall

Nugent

I predict a tight game. could be 0-0.

One of the best games I remember at Ewood was the 3-3 in 88. 2 goals from Reid and 1 from Newell. Newell tried to stop the ball going over the touchline and couldn't manage it. I think it was Colin Hendry that came running over to get the ball, stood on Newell's foot and punched him in the b*lls at the same time. Newell kicked Hendry's leg off his foot and got sent off for it. That cost us the win in the end. Great game though and we played some superb passing football

Ian Stringer â€@StringerSport

Nigel Pearson says St Ledger & Whitbread NOT fit ahead of Blackburn. He confirms #lcfc unlikely to conduct any transfers in ahead of window

Great (not), well I just hope we don't regret not getting a short term loan in for these few games. I sadly can't see us getting anything out of this game. Really hope I'm wrong though.

These have quite a tasty midfield with Murphy, Etuhu & Dunn, hope we don't play 2 up top leaving us to be dominated in the middle. That's pretty much my only NP seed of doubt.

Kazim-Richards looking sharp too. (edit) Although just seen he may be injured. Fingers crossed.

Great (not), well I just hope we don't regret not getting a short term loan in for these few games. I sadly can't see us getting anything out of this game. Really hope I'm wrong though.

It's a bit hard to convince a player to join for a month (three or four games). Particular in August (when most players will be happy to fight for a place). You could sign a youngster from one of the big clubs....but why bother when you have your own?

Ian Stringer â€@StringerSport

Nigel Pearson says St Ledger & Whitbread NOT fit ahead of Blackburn. He confirms #lcfc unlikely to conduct any transfers in ahead of window

Big mistake imo poor from Pearson! need atleast 1 defender maybe 2.

untill we sort this were going knowere! we have have sh** defence even worse than last year and with Pearson being a defender when he played it's very dissapointing.

we lose on Saturday and Pearson well under the cosh.

It's a bit hard to convince a player to join for a month (three or four games). Particular in August (when most players will be happy to fight for a place). You could sign a youngster from one of the big clubs....but why bother when you have your own?

I understand all of those points, and they are very valid. It's one of those situations that you can't really do anything about. You just have to grin and bare it. But I can't help but think that the lack of another experienced centre back cost us at Charlton, and may do again at the weekend as well. Just hope one of the injured two is back for Blackpool. Fingers crossed!

Whatever your beliefs on the competency of Steve Kean, Blackburn possess probably the strongest first team 11 in the championship. This will be a very stern test.

3 central midfielders is a must. End of story. Successful teams do not play a 4-4-2 any more.

id be looking along the lines of:

Kasper

De Laet

Moore

Morgan

Konchesky

King

Drinkwater

Vardy

Knockaert

Marshall

Nugent

I predict a tight game. could be 0-0.

Really don't think this is true.

Personally I hope Nigel sticks to 4-4-2. One of the worst things about Sven's team was his insitence on playing 5 players in midfield. Everyone in the stand could see that this left the one striker hopelessly isolated, actually gave us very little width and led to the situation where we always seemed to have two players doing the same job.

It's not that 4-5-1 is a bad formation for certain teams. But I really don't think we have the players for it.

(And yes - I know you only advocated 3 in midfield rather than explicitly stating a preference for 4-5-1...but the only other formation that could accommodate 3 central midfielders is 4-3-3, and I actually believe they are the same formation in practice - or at least, it has always been that way with LCFC)

Looks like there will be a low crowd on Saturday.

Just 13k last night (especially surprising for such a big game against a huge club) and it seems the Blackburn fans are choosing to stay away until Kean goes.

Archived