Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
chili_con_carne

Vardy.

I feel sorry for the guy. A one million pound tag on him wont help his mental thought. The poor bloke appears too be well out of his depth.

He really doesn't look that out of his depth, how many times have you watched him 'appear to be well out of his depth'?

I reckon we have found a little gem in Vardy. The guy can finish - no two ways about that. He was one of the best men on the pitch on Saturday, scored a beauty against Torquay and had a decent pre-season. Besides that one miss last night I fail to envisage exactly what he has done to deserve such a truly ridiculous thread.

Beckford's touch is quite poor, Vardy's is on a whole different level of bad.

I suppose it works like this, Iain Hume was a poor mans Paul Dickov, Vardy is a poor mans Iain Hume.

This is from a Charlton fan who watched the game.

cs1986 Member

August 21

Great game. Leicester were a good side but very slow at the back. Vardy looked good every ball stuck to him.

This is from a Charlton fan who watched the game.

cs1986 Member

August 21

Great game. Leicester were a good side but very slow at the back. Vardy looked good every ball stuck to him.

And my point was from me, who also watched the game.

His touch is poor. He very nearly created a lovely chance early on in the first half, he cut in from the left, checked back onto his right foot, opened the goal up for a shot but due to his touch it took him a further two touches to get the ball and his body shape correct by which time the defence had the shot covered and it came to nothing.

I'm not saying he's shit, I'm not saying he's over priced, I'm not criticising the manager, I don't dislike the man, I have no vendetta, all I am saying is that his close control and touch are that of a non league player. Considering he was a non league player I don't think thats too outrageous. Unless he can improve in this area he will struggle to convert the chances he either creates for himself or others create for him.

And my point was from me, who also watched the game.

His touch is poor. He very nearly created a lovely chance early on in the first half, he cut in from the left, checked back onto his right foot, opened the goal up for a shot but due to his touch it took him a further two touches to get the ball and his body shape correct by which time the defence had the shot covered and it came to nothing.

I'm not saying he's shit, I'm not saying he's over priced, I'm not criticising the manager, I don't dislike the man, I have no vendetta, all I am saying is that his close control and touch are that of a non league player. Considering he was a non league player I don't think thats too outrageous. Unless he can improve in this area he will struggle to convert the chances he either creates for himself or others create for him.

Vardys touch is worse than Beckfords though? you must be on a wind up surely?

I have no idea how many times Beckford has been taken off at half time but I believe it is around once.

I am largely indifferent to the manager, I assume he kept Vardy on as he thought he was the more likely to score.

It was a good game let down by poor finishing and poor defending.

A good game let down by poor finishing and poor defending..... is there anything else that matters in football apart from keeping the opposition out and then scoring yourself??

Just a thought!

Just seen the highlights. I don't think it is as bad as what most people are making out... The cross was hit with real pace (which is good), from a fairly close range, and I'm sure Vardy couldn't use his neck in time to get the ball anywhere else expect straight at the goalkeeper.

For me, Nugent's miss was worse.

Just seen the highlights. I don't think it is as bad as what most people are making out... The cross was hit with real pace (which is good), from a fairly close range, and I'm sure Vardy couldn't use his neck in time to get the ball anywhere else expect straight at the goalkeeper.

For me, Nugent's miss was worse.

He's got to score from there. No excuses!

Double agony for me as I threw myself to the floor when he missed only to find myself rolling around in gob from the bloke standing behind me!

From what I've seen vardy is very promising. IMO if you had beamed in 50 football fans, with no knowledge of where players came from, and asked them their opinion on who looked the likeliest striker my feelings are that Vardy would get the bulk of the votes.

Archived