Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
chili_con_carne

Vardy.

From what I've seen vardy is very promising. IMO if you had beamed in 50 football fans, with no knowledge of where players came from, and asked them their opinion on who looked the likeliest striker my feelings are that Vardy would get the bulk of the votes.

I've only seen him twice so massively early to give any opinion with authority.

Of the two games I've seen Vardy I'd say he looks the liveliest of our current strikers.

Was getting the nod for MOM on here for the Peterborough game, a sitter and a game later he has a thread questioning his quality. Unbelievable!

Why not judge the guy after at least ten games!!

I've only seen him twice so massively early to give any opinion with authority.

Of the two games I've seen Vardy I'd say he looks the liveliest of our current strikers.

Touche Col, I've liked what I've seen though, particularly when you think where he's come from! The step up doesn't seem to bother him, he doesn't look out of place and I feel one league goal and his confidence will soar andhe will score plenty. i will stick my neck on the block and say i think he will definitely score more league goals than JB did last season if he keeps a clean bill of health.

When we first signed him I didn't know too much about him and I wasn't expecting him to start the first two league games, I thought Pearson might ease him in.

From what I have seen, including last night, I've been impressed. And I think that we might have a little gem on our hands given time. The lad works hard, is committed (stopped a ball going for a goal kick and ended up crashing head-first into an advertising hoarding last night) and looks neat. He strikes the ball well, plays the right pass, wins more than his fair share of headers for his height. The only thing that's lacking at the moment is the sharpness. He's doing the right things but slightly after the right time. Give him 10 games and he'll get used to the pace of the game at this level, including having to take those chances a little quicker than he has had to at a lower level.

He didn't cover himself in glory last night with the free header but at least it was on target and other players have missed worse chances without having contributed half as much to the rest of the team's play beforehand. Writing him off after three games is ludicrous and I think it says a lot that threads along those lines, and responses to those threads, came at a time at which it was impossible for those that had actually been there to contribute.

When we first signed him I didn't know too much about him and I wasn't expecting him to start the first two league games, I thought Pearson might ease him in.

From what I have seen, including last night, I've been impressed. And I think that we might have a little gem on our hands given time. The lad works hard, is committed (stopped a ball going for a goal kick and ended up crashing head-first into an advertising hoarding last night) and looks neat. He strikes the ball well, plays the right pass, wins more than his fair share of headers for his height. The only thing that's lacking at the moment is the sharpness. He's doing the right things but slightly after the right time. Give him 10 games and he'll get used to the pace of the game at this level, including having to take those chances a little quicker than he has had to at a lower level.

He didn't cover himself in glory last night with the free header but at least it was on target and other players have missed worse chances without having contributed half as much to the rest of the team's play beforehand. Writing him off after three games is ludicrous and I think it says a lot that threads along those lines, and responses to those threads, came at a time at which it was impossible for those that had actually been there to contribute.

Amen!

Nope. They both struggle with their touch but Vardy's is considerably worse.

They both have backgrounds in non league football which explains why they are both below average.

Well I dont know which Vardy you've been watching but it's not the same one as me, his first touch looks miles better then Beckfords ever was

It sounds like you've got more of a problem with the fact we signed him from Fleetwood, rather than his technical ability. To say both of their touches are below average is ridiculous, whats average then? Robin Van Persie? Wayne Rooney?

Well I dont know which Vardy you've been watching but it's not the same one as me, his first touch looks miles better then Beckfords ever was

It sounds like you've got more of a problem with the fact we signed him from Fleetwood, rather than his technical ability. To say both of their touches are below average is ridiculous, whats average then? Robin Van Persie? Wayne Rooney?

I couldn't give a shit where we signed him or anyone from, I don't give a shit how much we paid and I don't give a shit how much he or anyone else earns. I've not asked for him to be dropped, I've not claimed he needs to be played in a different position all I've said is that he has a very poor first touch/close control, which he does, and that this will need to improve if he is to take advantage of the positions he finds himself in.

Some of the issues are basic technique, others stem from the step up. For example he's had three very similar headed opportunities against Sunderland, Peterborough and Charlton and due to timing issues he's not managed to convert them, this I think is due to both the step up and basic technique.

In terms of 'average first touch' I'd say Nugent, Konchesky, De Laet, Drinkwater have an average first touch, by average I mean the ball seldom gets away from them when running with the ball just like most players at this level are capable of doing. I think Beckford has a poor touch as does Dyer, I just happen to think that currently Vardy's is the worst.

I couldn't give a shit where we signed him or anyone from, I don't give a shit how much we paid and I don't give a shit how much he or anyone else earns. I've not asked for him to be dropped, I've not claimed he needs to be played in a different position all I've said is that he has a very poor first touch/close control, which he does, and that this will need to improve if he is to take advantage of the positions he finds himself in.

Some of the issues are basic technique, others stem from the step up. For example he's had three very similar headed opportunities against Sunderland, Peterborough and Charlton and due to timing issues he's not managed to convert them, this I think is due to both the step up and basic technique.

In terms of 'average first touch' I'd say Nugent, Konchesky, De Laet, Drinkwater have an average first touch, by average I mean the ball seldom gets away from them when running with the ball just like most players at this level are capable of doing. I think Beckford has a poor touch as does Dyer, I just happen to think that currently Vardy's is the worst.

Im sorry but thats nonsense, three or four times during the peterborough game he took on 2-3 players and still came out with the ball.

Worst touch at the club? Give over, would you rather we play Waghorn then?

Im sorry but thats nonsense, three or four times during the peterborough game he took on 2-3 players and still came out with the ball.

Worst touch at the club? Give over, would you rather we play Waghorn then?

What part of " I've not asked for him to be dropped," gave you the impression that I want him dropped and replaced with Waghorn? I didn't include Waghorn because he hasn't played, all the others have. I happen to think Waghorn too has very poor control and touch, in fact I do not rate Waghorn at all but don't want to become embroiled in yet another thread about it.

In the two games I've seen this season his touch has been poor, the Peterborough highlights show this http://www.skysports.com/video/inline/0,,16428_8004179,00.html to his credit he still emerges with the ball but against better defenders than Peterborough he may no be so fortuitous. I still fail to see what is so controversial in expressing the opinion that he has a poor touch.

What part of " I've not asked for him to be dropped," gave you the impression that I want him dropped and replaced with Waghorn? I didn't include Waghorn because he hasn't played, all the others have. I happen to think Waghorn too has very poor control and touch, in fact I do not rate Waghorn at all but don't want to become embroiled in yet another thread about it.

In the two games I've seen this season his touch has been poor, the Peterborough highlights show this http://www.skysports...8004179,00.html to his credit he still emerges with the ball but against better defenders than Peterborough he may no be so fortuitous. I still fail to see what is so controversial in expressing the opinion that he has a poor touch.

You haven’t just said he's got a poor touch, you've said he's got the worst touch out of our first team, which is a ludicrous statement

Your basically just saying that none of our players have a decent touch as well, it just boggles the mind

You haven’t just said he's got a poor touch, you've said he's got the worst touch out of our first team, which is a ludicrous statement

Your basically just saying that none of our players have a decent touch as well, it just boggles the mind

What is ludicrous about saying that out of ten outfield players one of them has the worst touch? Someone has to have the worst touch.

By my reckoning I've said that THREE (Dyer, Beckford and Vardy) of the 10 outfield players have a poor touch. That's hardly a damning assessment.

So he's not good enough based on one game?

Jesus christ.

It's as long as Mills, Beckford, Yakubu, St Ledger, Danns got in the past, more than Beckford did actually- it is the way the modern game is. You get a small opportunity to be a star and if you fail (as Vardy has done) it's a long road back - he needs to score at least twice in the next three games to become anything like accepted at Leicester - any less and his life will be hell, because the fans at the games will lose patience too

That's nonsense.

You have to go quite a few pages back (almost a hundred) but its all in there fella - I'm not saying I feel like this mind you, I haven't seen him yet - it was always a risk shelling out that kind of dough for an unknown quantity and I hope the lad comes good, but a couple more blanks at home and the fans may turn

So he's not good enough based on one game?

Jesus christ.

That's nonsense.

Be fair though, you only have to read one post of theirs to get a thorough understanding of the person behind the logon.

It's as long as Mills, Beckford, Yakubu, St Ledger, Danns got in the past, more than Beckford did actually- it is the way the modern game is. You get a small opportunity to be a star and if you fail (as Vardy has done) it's a long road back - he needs to score at least twice in the next three games to become anything like accepted at Leicester - any less and his life will be hell, because the fans at the games will lose patience too

You're an idiot.

Archived