Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
chili_con_carne

Vardy.

Opinions so far? In my opinion he doesn't seem that instinctive. Seen him miss quite a few chances so far, He's not a player like nugent who can score a goal out of nothing. He's probably finding he's getting a lot less space than in the conference. Been impressed with his work rate and movement but got to say so far I'm not that convinced he's the striker we need for a promotion campaign. Obviously 2 games isn't enough time to give a complete opinion but yeah... If he can chip in with 7 to 10 goals and work hard up front that will do ! Can't see him being the striker to score 20.

He isn't being deployed properly play him as a Left Winger or a wide forward and he will get more goals imo.

A change of formation is probably necessary because 4-4-2 isn't working away from home.

A lot of his goals for fleetwood on youtube came from the left didn't they! It's difficult when Pearson persists with 4-4-2 though.

I'd like to see something like 4-2-3-1 away at Blackburn... King and Drinkwater/James can sit, offering that supporting/defensive role. Then the three can be Knockaert (wide right), Marshall (playing behind the striker) and Vardy (wide left). Nugent can then play as the striker.

I have faith in him, it might take a while for him to find his footing and start getting his own goals but I'm sure he will.

However, he's already shown how good he is at breaking away from the pack, and the setup for King's goal against Peterborough was great

A great player in my eyes. Holds it up, runs the channels . Wins headers and links up well with who ever he plays with?

His goals will come .....

He played well yesterday yes could and should have scored at the end ( with the header ) ,and if konch would have crossed his shot instead of shooting he would have had a tap in.

Yes I went yesterday.

He needs time to get used to this new level yes, but i thought the more the game went on yesterday the poorer he was.

Missed a great chance early on by having too many chances (he did that all night) and has obviusly got to get used to the fact he isnt playing in non league any more when you can get away with it.

Always tried hard though, but his final product was bad.

And that headed miss in the last minute was shocking, I'd have faniced any other of our strikers to have scored it, to not make the keeper really work from that far out was awful.

Would have rather Beckford stayed on in second half over him also, as thought Beckford was okay, and the better of the attacking players.

Beckford's touch is quite poor, Vardy's is on a whole different level of bad.

I suppose it works like this, Iain Hume was a poor mans Paul Dickov, Vardy is a poor mans Iain Hume.

Do you have trust in the manager?

If so, you must trust in the same manager that has subbed off Beckford at half time on countless occasions now. Why would Pearson keep Beckford on over Vardy if he felt the former was the better player?

I reckon Vardy and Nuge will start Saturday.

I fear for Beckford to be honest. I don't think the killer ball to play to his only real strength is gonna be coming often enough.

Beckford's touch is quite poor, Vardy's is on a whole different level of bad.

I suppose it works like this, Iain Hume was a poor mans Paul Dickov, Vardy is a poor mans

Iain Hume.

Vardy's touch is better than Beckford. Somebody on the Charlton forum was saying that "everything stuck" to Vardy. Whilst that's a massive exaggeration, it's better than JB's.

First half Vardy retained possession nicely but he was ineffectual in the second period and that miss was inexcusable.

If so, you must trust in the same manager that has subbed off Beckford at half time on countless occasions now. Why would Pearson keep Beckford on over Vardy if he felt the former was the better player?

I fear for Beckford to be honest. I don't think the killer ball to play to his only real strength is gonna be coming often enough.

I have no idea how many times Beckford has been taken off at half time but I believe it is around once.

I am largely indifferent to the manager, I assume he kept Vardy on as he thought he was the more likely to score.

It was a good game let down by poor finishing and poor defending.

I dont really think hes done alot wrong. Yes hes missed a few chances but he does well to get into them positions in the first place, last night in the first half was a good example. Hes good in the air and can hold the ball up to start an attack. I was there last night and I would say there was no comparison between his and Beckfords performance. Beckford just hasnt seemed to get going yet

Do you trust him ? http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/topic/83252-a-proper-defensive-midfielder/

I'd like to see something like 4-2-3-1 away at Blackburn... King and Drinkwater/James can sit, offering that supporting/defensive role. Then the three can be Knockaert (wide right), Marshall (playing behind the striker) and Vardy (wide left). Nugent can then play as the striker.

That formation looks pretty sexual.

Can't see NP going for it though, he is more of a heads down missionary kind of guy, that formation is definitely reverse cow girl.

I thought he played ok last night. He glad a clear cut chance in the first half that he should have buried, and good chances in the 2nd.

That said, he first touch really does need some work

This formation would be quality. We attacked well yesterday once we sorted the shape and the midfield out, same as Sat against Peterboro.

Still think JBecks can do a job though. We played long ball in the first half which doesn't suit him, and when we started passing the ball about a bit in the 2nd it would have suited him but he's been subbed off!

I think he's been good, exceptionally hard working. Whilst I dont like 442, I dont think he needs a formation change, he's still had the chances in 442 but its not gone his way. You only have to look at Charlton fans comments, not only are they drooling over the skill of the team but theyre particularly impressed with Vardy.

I know the OP was regarding opinions so far but after 180 mins of league football is it really enough to form an opinion?

I didn't go last night so I can't really comment on his performance, but on Saturday I didn't see a lot wrong with him. I know he didn't look world class but myself, along with others

(after Saturday) were saying how excited we were to see more of him. He seems to have bags of enthusiasm, determination and I saw potential in him to be a very good player for us.

His attributes are exactly what the typical Leicester fan wants to see. Give him 10-12 games, let him gain confidence and then see what he can do.

Archived