Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
chili_con_carne

Vardy.

Far too early to judge him obviously, but I did suspect he would be a bit of a flop. The difference between non-league and championship promotion form is gigantic. That people are describing him as hard working is a bit of a worry - is that all Pearson saw in him, just another easy to manage hard working yes man? The manager needs to get his priorities straight and soon, his job is to develop a team that will win games, not one that will give him the least headaches.

If so, you must trust in the same manager that has subbed off Beckford at half time on countless occasions now. Why would Pearson keep Beckford on over Vardy if he felt the former was the better player?

I reckon Vardy and Nuge will start Saturday.

I fear for Beckford to be honest. I don't think the killer ball to play to his only real strength is gonna be coming often enough.

:blink: :pearson:

Far too early to judge him obviously, but I did suspect he would be a bit of a flop. The difference between non-league and championship promotion form is gigantic. That people are describing him as hard working is a bit of a worry - is that all Pearson saw in him, just another easy to manage hard working yes man? The manager needs to get his priorities straight and soon, his job is to develop a team that will win games, not one that will give him the least headaches.

Yes it's far too early to judge.. You are basing him being a 'bit of a flop' on one game?

Yes it's far too early to judge.. You are basing him being a 'bit of a flop' on one game?

I didn't say he is a bit of a flop, I said I suspected he would be, as in before the season started I thought he wouldn't be good enough. Whether he is or not remains to be seen, but my suspicion that he will flop hasn't changed.

I honestly can't believe this thread, our only striker to score in a competitive game so far, someone who has looked decent to me in the games I have seen him, and now he's written off seemingly because of a couple of misses yesterday.

To me at the moment he looks like the player a lot of our fans have been screaming for....

Works his nuts off.... and that seems to keep most here happy (unless it's Dyer we are speaking about)

He looks like Mackail-Smith, and might get the odd goal through sheer hard work, but prolific at this level? Sorry to say I cant see that.

You can see hes come from non-league due to struggling with physicality at times and also his first touch, however give him time im sure he will get use to the demands of the championship. He seems to find himself in good positions and i think it will only be a matter of time before he scores

You can see hes come from non-league due to struggling with physicality at times and also his first touch, however give him time im sure he will get use to the demands of the championship. He seems to find himself in good positions and i think it will only be a matter of time before he scores

I agree, i am still to be convinced of his strike partner though.

I would be a bit more worried if he was showing a lack of effort and people describing him as lazy. As for being a "Yes Man," what sort of players do we want then? Players to disrupt the harmony

of the squad? Non-league to Championship is a leap but its not an impossible step to make or to succeed in.

I would be a bit more worried if he was showing a lack of effort and people describing him as lazy. As for being a "Yes Man," what sort of players do we want then? Players to disrupt the harmony

of the squad? Non-league to Championship is a leap but its not an impossible step to make or to succeed in.

Harmony is less important than winning games. I don't care if we've got a few arrogant twirps in the squad as long as we're winning games. My biggest fear about Pearson has for a long time been about how he seems to sacrifice quality in favour of players who are easy to manage. Vardy might just turn out to be a prime example of that.

I like the look of what I've seen so far, last night he was very busy and involved in a lot of things we did well.

His chance was a bit of a shocker to be fair, he had the whole goal to aim at and he headed straight into the keepers arms.

My thoughts exactly

I still think he has the potential to come on well. He might be the type of striker where one goal results in more goals.

I would like to see him wide left against Blackburn on Saturday (as I said earlier, in the 4-2-3-1 formation), because his work rate is good. He can take on players and make assists, like against Peterborough on Saturday. Plus, I've heard a few of his goals for Fleetwood came while he was in this position:

Knockaert -- Marshall -- Vardy

Nugent

Against Peterborough I thought he was snatching at shots, never looked like having the technique or composure to take his chances. I don't think that's necessarily an inherent lack of ability though, that could well be a bit of stage fright, especially given his ball control otherwise seemed sound.

I honestly can't believe this thread, our only striker to score in a competitive game so far, someone who has looked decent to me in the games I have seen him, and now he's written off seemingly because of a couple of misses yesterday.

People would do the same to a certain other striker who's starting alongside him :whistle:

Pearson must see somthing in him to start him ahead of Nuge, and lets be honest, hes got a better idea about our players technical ability than anybody on here has. Vardy will come good, the people who are moaning about him are the same people who claim our defence is terrible because we've conceeded twice in three games. Nobody was under the impression he'd be banging them in from the off when we signed him, the instant success brigade need to wake up.

Archived