Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
longy

Vinyl

On 12/08/2018 at 09:40, Chico1958 said:

Found The Queen is Dead in my pile this morning............ You just forget how good these guys were

image.png.fef44ed2bf5b442acc347fc4f1b1bc58.png

Not a fan of the Smiths' debut album but the other three are superb. 'Meat Is Murder' is my favourite. 

I'm a big Johnny Marr fan, underrated guitarist. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Visited Rockaboom for the first time recently. Got Favourite Worst Nightmare (new) and Like A Virgin (used) for just over £20 which I thought was decent.

Quite a good selection of used stuff in there.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Sacrilege I know but I'm selling my vinyl collection on Ebay. It's sat in boxes for years but it's still a bummer to say goodbye to it. Never sold anything on the site before but doing OK at the minute. Best 3 yet are, 

Metallica, Black Album - £74

Pantera, Vulgar Display of Power - £60

Bodycount, There goes the Neighbourhood - £43. 

Metal seems to get good money but my indie stuff doesn't really fetch a great deal tbh. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Dr Marco said:

which indie records are you selling?

I've sold a few already, Stone Roses, Primal Scream 12 inches, getting between £7 and £10 which isn't too bad seeing as they're not albums.  Haven't got loads of British indie on Vinyl tbf as that's all on CD. Plenty of American stuff like Smashing Pumpkins, Sonic Youth which I'll get round to putting on soon though.

Not indie but my Nirvana 12inch picture discs aren't doing very well, honesty thought I'd be quids in with them. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

I just dumped all mine at the charity shop, couldn't be bothered moving it all the time (moved house a lot in last 10 years).  Was thinking of ebay but it was all just underground Northern Soul stuff so doubted anyone would want it.  X

In fairness it is time consuming but I'm actually enjoying it. Not sure what Northern Soul fetches but I'm sure the the charity shop will make a few quid as there's a market for everything. Aylestone Leisure Centre had a record fare at the weekend and it was packed.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Soup said:

In fairness it is time consuming but I'm actually enjoying it. Not sure what Northern Soul fetches but I'm sure the the charity shop will make a few quid as there's a market for everything. Aylestone Leisure Centre had a record fare at the weekend and it was packed.

Sorry my original message was meant as a joke, some northern soul stuff can sell for megabucks and I was hoping to annoy someone.  I have a bad habit of never making serious posts so apologies.

With regards to your original message I am glad you are doing well, sounds like you have some nice records.  I make a living from ebay (not vinyl) and it can be a great way to make a bit of extra cash if you put in the time.  I have sold the odd bit of vinyl on their over the years and it is a good place to sell.  I always make sure I check Discogs first as it's a great way to get a general idea of the value of a record before you list it.  And obviously packaging is hard with vinyl (it's why I don't tend to sell it as I am lazy and like to sell items I can fit in a jiffy bag).  My only other advice is to use tracked postage where possible, years of ebay have turned me into a huge cynic.  The amount of people who claim things never turn up still amazes me.  Good luck with the rest of your sales.  X

Edited by RumbleFox

On ‎28‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 21:12, Soup said:

I've sold a few already, Stone Roses, Primal Scream 12 inches, getting between £7 and £10 which isn't too bad seeing as they're not albums.  Haven't got loads of British indie on Vinyl tbf as that's all on CD. Plenty of American stuff like Smashing Pumpkins, Sonic Youth which I'll get round to putting on soon though.

Not indie but my Nirvana 12inch picture discs aren't doing very well, honesty thought I'd be quids in with them. 

Picture discs are seen as a novelty item, No one really wants them as they're a bit bob in all honesty. 

49 minutes ago, Rocket-Ron said:

Picture discs are seen as a novelty item, No one really wants them as they're a bit bob in all honesty. 

Maybe,  but just last night I shifted 3 to one bloke for £60. Plus one the other week for  £20. So £80 of bob then. 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

I'll try to get these:

The Apartments - Live à l'Ubu

Air - Surfin' on a rocket

OST- Lost In Translation

Gorillaz - The Fall

Green Day - Woodstock 1994

Noel Gallagher - Wait and return

Supergrass - Pumping on your stereo

The Police - Message in a bottle

Rolling Stones - Big Hits (High Tide & Green Grass)

Rolling Stones - She’s a rainbow

The Streets - Remixes & B sides

Weezer - Dusty Gems (The B sides)

• 1 month later...

I got Chas & Dave "Margate" and the bloke said "I wondered who'd buy this" lol Also got "Wait & Return" by Noel Gallagher although I thought it was the whole album remixed not just three songs! Forgot to get The Specials' single so hopefully it's still around on Monday and I'll pop in after work.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Just been Record Fair and managed to get Help for £10. So that's another Beatles album for my collection, only 6 to go now!

Ive got an original "mono" Help album.. wonder if its worth anything. :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

Just been Record Fair and managed to get Help for £10. So that's another Beatles album for my collection, only 6 to go now!

my favourite Beatles album! love all the filler tracks: I need you, I've just seen a face, you like me too much, you're going to lose that girl, it's only love...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ozleicester said:

Ive got an original "mono" Help album.. wonder if its worth anything. :)

An original? Definitely. Some of the first pressings are ridiculously priced.

1 hour ago, Dr Marco said:

my favourite Beatles album! love all the filler tracks: I need you, I've just seen a face, you like me too much, you're going to lose that girl, it's only love...

That's the thing with the Beatles mate the album tracks are brilliant too. I think "Ive just seen a face" is one of McCartney's best songs.

• Like 1