Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bayfox

Pearson Loses It?

The bit where you said I started a rumour....

I'll send you a screenshot later if you want...,

You don't have to, I'm not having a go at you.

Whatever it was you said, and there was very little in it that people could take stuff from. It ended up with rumours spreading of sackings and fights and bottle being thrown and god knows what else.

That's not your fault, you never said those things, but they all appeared after your comment. So in a way you started the rumours, you're not responsible for the ridiculous Chinese whispers that then takes place afterwards though.

I'm sure he was angry, Pearson picked that team in good faith and was let-down. Maybe he did make mistakes in selection but it's up to the players to show what they are about.

I just hope we start winning games soon, all these rumours aren't helpful.

Good old Chinese whispers again. Bert posts something with zero information other than something may or may not have happened. People start guessing, the guesses get passed around and turn into "may mate knows someone", you end up with 20 people "in the know" saying the same thing.

Yes, but it's a sure bet something fairly dramatic has happened. And if Nigel Pearson will ever have learned a lesson it will be to field your strongest side and even more so when your job is ln the line.

I know that individuals are short of fitness - they used to get it back in the reserves and I've long lamented the loss of this opportunity because it has cost us dearly in the past.

But it's absolute folly to make wholesale changes because, when it inevitably goes wrong at a time you least need it, the fallout can be significant.

It's always risky messing with the first team because it should be an honour to wear the shirt and no-one should do that unless they deserve it.Certainly not anyone who is less than 100 per cent fit and ready.

But Pearson chose his own way and now it seems there are only two possible outcomes. Either the Burton result will so anger and so focus Pearson on the essential requirement of his job, which is winning and winning consistently enough to challenge for promotion.

Or the owners will see further results as prolonging unwanted headaches and set about finding remedies which, I'm quite sure, are already under consideration.

For all his perceived arrogance Pearson can be so naive in inviting problems for himself. Tuesday was an example but Saturday was no different and countless other days in the past.

When you've just lost two games out of three - however unjustifiably - your prime focus should be on repairing the damage and winning. Instead we willffully played a negatively handicapped version of Russian Roulette and shot ourselves through the bollocks.

Saturday our team was playing well at Blackburn and dominating the game. So what does Pearson do? He removes the influencial Drinkwater and unnecessarily disturbs the rhythm of the team. I didn't understand it and even less so the pointless involvement of Beckford in the last minute or so.

To me every managerial decision has to have a definite and constructive purpose. It's not the only time by any means that i've been baffled by Pearson's substitutions and tactical strategy or lack of it, but I do acknowledge that it's very easy to forget he's still a novice who's won absolutely nothing of significance in his managerial career at the level he's employed and so far i've not been surprised.

He seemed to have taken a massive step forward at the start of this season, a step that seemed to give us a genuine chance of completing the difficult and treacherous trek towards the goal of promotion.

Then he scores an own goal which puts him under massive pressure and perhaps another off the pitch for failing to deal with the emotions of inevitably disgruntled players.

And how do I know the latter was the case. There's no concrete evidence. Except that Tuesday's performance was evidence enough. No team of happy, properly psyched-up players produce a performance as lamentable as that. I even referred to it in my match comments saying it was not as if we battered Burton and lost, we thoroughly embarrassed ourselves.

Even on the sidelines Pearson looked somehow isolated and uninvolved with anyone around him except for a brief pointing session with his number two. He seemed to be in a world of his own - like a general watching his soldiers get slaughtered and not having the first clue what to do about it.

There were no easy answers of course. Our team was a random selection box of individual flavours which collectively blended together to taste like shit. Adding King and Nugent diluted the taste but the fans were already feeling sick and it was far too little too late.

Pearson's not the only one guilty of naivity though. Fans on here who excuse the Burton result as being "only the Cup" aren't paid to be wise but the point remains that it's just such an attitude which is sympotamtic of the problems in our club. We're not ruthless and we're not winners. That's not just about talent. It's about attitude.

I hope Pearson is showing the right attitude this morning in dealing with every single factor that might be undermining his works and his intent. If he does, it will be a lesson worth learning.

Just to put the record straight.

They're not rumours, if the people that told me then I know for a fact you'd think more if it. If I don't know names how can I name them?

If people read between the lines that's not my fault and I'm not gonna tip- toe because you have a bee in your bonnet.

Thing is Bert and i'm not having a go at you or slagging you off because I respect you and respect that you are only trying to give other fans an idea of what is going on, an idea of what might be happening and sheding light on rumours that go about e.t.c.

However you do tend to say things like 'Such and such might have happened, but it might not have, I can't say what might have happened as I'd drop the person who told me in it' so basically what you say is pointless, leading fans to making their own stories up, create rumours or creating worse and/or more rumours.

For example last night people made up or put 2 + 2 and got 5 bringing Neil Danns into the situation - Now he might just be denying it on his twitter as he doesn't want to look like the bad guy but at the same time he probably does genuinely have nothing to do with it - So now the fans have probably angered a player because he is being accused of 'rocking the boat' and he hasn't done anything.

This is why twitter should be banned, I know other managers have done it and if I were Pearson i'd do the same.

Now we have social media like Twitter the fans need to think a little about 'rocking the boat' as much as the players do.

Yes, but it's a sure bet something fairly dramatic has happened. And if Nigel Pearson will ever have learned a lesson it will be to field your strongest side and even more so when your job is ln the line.

I know that individuals are short of fitness - they used to get it back in the reserves and I've long lamented the loss of this opportunity because it has cost us dearly in the past.

But it's absolute folly to make wholesale changes because, when it inevitably goes wrong at a time you least need it, the fallout can be significant.

In my managerial life I never dreamed of messing with the first team because it was an honour to wear the shirt and no-one got to do that unless they deserved it.Certainly not anyone who was less than 100 per cent fit and ready.

But Pearson chose his own way and now it seems there are only two possible outcomes. Either the Burton result will so anger and so focus Pearson on the essential requirement of his job, which is winning and winning consistently enough to challenge for promotion.

Or the owners will see further results as prolonging unwanted headaches and set about finding remedies which, I'm quite sure, are already under consideration.

For all his perceived arrogance Pearson can be so naive in inviting problems for himself. Tuesday was an example but Saturday was no different and countless other days in the past.

When you've just lost two games out of three - however unjustifiably - your prime focus should be on repairing the damage and winning. Instead we willffully played a negatively handicapped version of Russian Roulette and shot ourselves through the bollocks.

Saturday our team was playing well at Blackburn and dominating the game. So what does Pearson do? He removes the influencial Drinkwater and unnecessarily disturbs the rhythm of the team. I didn't understand it and even less so the pointless involvement of Beckford in the last minute or so.

To me every managerial decision has to have a definite and constructive purpose. It's not the only time by any means that i've been baffled by Pearson's substitutions and tactical strategy or lack of it, but I do acknowledge that it's very easy to forget he's still a novice who's won absolutely nothing of significance in his managerial career at the level he's employed and so far i've not been surprised.

He seemed to have taken a massive step forward at the start of this season, a step that seemed to give us a genuine chance of completing the difficult and treacherous trek towards the goal of promotion.

Then he scores an own goal which puts him under massive pressure and perhaps another off the pitch for failing to deal with the emotions of inevitably disgruntled players.

And how do I know the latter was the case. There's no concrete evidence. Except that Tuesday's performance was evidence enough. No team of happy, properly psyched-up players produce a performance as lamentable as that. I even referred to it in my match comments saying it was not as if we battered Burton and lost, we thoroughly embarrassed ourselves.

Even on the sidelines Pearson looked somehow isolated and uninvolved with anyone around him except for a brief pointing session with his number two. He seemed to be in a world of his own - like a general watching his soldiers get slaughtered and not having the first clue what to do about it.

There were no easy answers of course. Our team was a random selection box of individual flavours which collectively blended together to taste like shit. Adding King and Nugent diluted the taste but the fans were already feeling sick and it was far too little too late.

Pearson's not the only one guilty of naivity though. Fans on here who excuse the Burton result as being "only the Cup" aren't paid to be wise but the point remains that it's just such an attitude which is sympotamtic of the problems in our club. We're not ruthless and we're not winners. That's not just about talent. It's about attitude.

I hope Pearson is showing the right attitude this morning in dealing with every single factor that might be undermining his works and his intent. If he does, it will be a lesson worth learning.

I agree with a fair bit of that and the highlighted bits amused me greatly Tony - Thanks! lol

Thing is Bert and i'm not having a go at you or slagging you off because I respect you and respect that you are only trying to give other fans an idea of what is going on, an idea of what might be happening and sheding light on rumours that go about e.t.c.

However you do tend to say things like 'Such and such might have happened, but it might not have, I can't say what might have happened as I'd drop the person who told me in it' so basically what you say is pointless, leading fans to making their own stories up, create rumours or creating worse and/or more rumours.

For example last night people made up or put 2 + 2 and got 5 bringing Neil Danns into the situation - Now he might just be denying it on his twitter as he doesn't want to look like the bad guy but at the same time he probably does genuinely have nothing to do with it - So now the fans have probably angered a player because he is being accused of 'rocking the boat' and he hasn't done anything.

This is why twitter should be banned, I know other managers have done it and if I were Pearson i'd do the same.

Now we have social media like Twitter the fans need to think a little about 'rocking the boat' as much as the players do.

Id actually Matt, much rather know what Bert hears and read between the lines - gossip or otherwise.

It's about processing the information for yourself - clearly there are people on here that struggle to do that with any degree of common sense but it's a public forum.

Id actually Matt, much rather know what Bert hears and read between the lines - gossip or otherwise.

It's about processing the information for yourself - clearly there are people on here that struggle to do that with any degree of common sense but it's a public forum.

I've got every faith in Bert. He says what he can in good faith. Revealing sensitive information is not always an easy position to be in especially if the source is as traceable as the informant.

I agree, like I said I respect Bert and respect he gets inside information, it's when people decide to make their own rumours based on Berts information - and most of the time that happens Bert has told us something but at the same time not told us alot, it's human nature to discuss it, be curious of it, add fuel to the fire.

However those people who make rumours based on Berts information are the people to blame.

Now, when rumours are made and our players then goes on a social network saying basically WTF is going on, why I am being brought into this situation is when fans and player interation crosses the line and potentially causes more hard and damage to the team spirit, morale, performance.

People saying booing the players is no good, why do people do it - Well this is potentially alot alot worse than booing a player.

Bert isn't to blame, the people who have made the rumours based on Bert's information are - However I don't really see or understand Bert's comments last night, something may have happen that he can't tell us about - Well that's great to know but it's asking people to make up rumours if you ask me.

I agree, like I said I respect Bert and respect he gets inside information, it's when people decide to make their own rumours based on Berts information - and most of the time that happens Bert has told us something but at the same time not told us alot, it's human nature to discuss it, be curious of it, add fuel to the fire.

However those people who make rumours based on Berts information are the people to blame.

Now, when rumours are made and our players then goes on a social network saying basically WTF is going on, why I am being brought into this situation is when fans and player interation crosses the line and potentially causes more hard and damage to the team spirit, morale, performance.

People saying booing the players is no good, why do people do it - Well this is potentially alot alot worse than booing a player.

Bert isn't to blame, the people who have made the rumours based on Bert's information are - However I don't really see or understand Bert's comments last night, something may have happen that he can't tell us about - Well that's great to know but it's asking people to make up rumours if you ask me.

So, to re-cap.

It's not Bert's fault.

But Bert's media causes people to make up rumours.

lol

Bert's not making anybody do anything.

If social networking fan banter and speculative rumour is somehow hurting the players and their performance they need to switch off their little phones shut the f*$k up and do what they are paid to do.

If fourteen year old kids who cook up stories about discontent in the club affect their performances and team spirit they have no business in professional football.

If Pearson get's sacked on Saturday at 8pm let's blame Bert shall we lol

The nost gutting thing about the loss to Burton was the increased tension around the place. A comfortable win and I think people would generally still be positive about our prospects this season. Instead, two tough fixtures have been made huge. Not for how we finish the season, but for NP's job. Another season of change is not the answer and I really hope NP gets the full season.

I hope he did throw a few bottles, the performance was shocking, not what we fans deserve at all, if it was a league game it wouldn't be as bad, but Burton Albion, with all respect atrocious. Some of them players are probably the ones who are disappointed not to be in the first team.

Can't be arsed to make a new topic, after the Burton game, I noticed that where the players park, the gates had moved and a player had left early. Gallagher didn't look happy when he was subbed, might had been him?

I too saw a player leave early in a big suped up 4x4. Looked like a player but no wayNP would let any of teh team that played leave that early. This lad looked black to me and so I assumed it could have been Liam Moore or Big Wez.

He hasn't got any inside info for years, i'm both embarrassed for him craving this sort of attention and you lot for giving it to him. Everyone is quick to have a go at proven knowitalls but somehow proven bullshitter Bert gets away with it and people take his cryptic rubbish as gospel? Laughable.

He hasn't got any inside info for years, i'm both embarrassed for him craving this sort of attention and you lot for giving it to him. Everyone is quick to have a go at proven knowitalls but somehow proven bullshitter Bert gets away with it and people take his cryptic rubbish as gospel? Laughable.

Funny that he seems to come out with nothing but accurate information.

For the Record, I don't use twitter and don't know Bert nor did not hear this from anyone on FT. I also know nothing of a previous thread where this was suggested.

i can't really name the person who told me this and I can't say it is Fact all I will say is I used to work at the club during the Rob Kelly's and Martin Allen's time and it has come from people I met then.

Strange that more than one person has heard the same things, maybe Bert's Sources are correct.

But I knew nothing off this until this morning and had seen nothing online before I posted.

For the Record, I don't use twitter and don't know Bert nor did not hear this from anyone on FT. I also know nothing of a previous thread where this was suggested.

i can't really name the person who told me this and I can't say it is Fact all I will say is I used to work at the club during the Rob Kelly's and Martin Allen's time and it has come from people I met then.

Strange that more than one person has heard the same things, maybe Bert's Sources are correct.

But I knew nothing off this until this morning and had seen nothing online before I posted.

Correct about what though? Nothing with any substance has actually been said that it can be classed as either correct or incorrect.

Can't see where the news is here. Would be surprised if NP did NOT lose it in the dressing room. The performance our lot put in was a disgrace and only the players are to blame on this occasion. I suspect we have quite a number of overpaid prima donnas in that dressing room who didn't feel the need to prove themselves against Burton. Hopefully, they've had their arses kicked.

NP comes over as a no nonsense tough guy most of the time, but I suspect he's a little too soft on some of the players sometimes.

Archived