Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
chili_con_carne

Beckford - will he go or will he stay?

A clown would be paying someone Premiership wages of probably in excess of £25,000/week just to sit on the bench, who lets face is it never going to do the business for us

Unless anyone thinks that doing 'the business' is scoring about 1 in 7 or 8, whilst simultaneously not really helping the team out

Nugent hasn't scored for at least 10 games....... :blush:

Nugent hasn't scored for at least 10 games....... :blush:

Yep, as I said "whilst simultaneously not really helping the team out"

Nuge does generally help the team, playing other players in, links up well with winger or midfield, holds the ball up, always available to receive it... generally he's there or thereabouts without the ball going in, it will come for him. Beckford on the other hand if he's not scoring, he's losing possession with the touch of a donkey, not linking up with anyone and as far as most people can see actually hinders rather than helps... Case in point, his woeful Bambi-esque performance in his cameo the other day.

This.... :thumbup:

Do people really judge strikers on what they see in the warm up?

if strikers are gonna do the business on the pitch, you expect them to be able to have a decent shot:goal ratio in warm up.

Its like saying he can Run before walking

hes not good enough

if strikers are gonna do the business on the pitch, you expect them to be able to have a decent shot:goal ratio in warm up.

Its like saying he can Run before walking

hes not good enough

That's

in this division you cant rely on tap ins, its the hard efforts, wrong footers that get the 3 points, not an U7's training session where they walk it into an empty goal

****ing

that why Pearson would be a Clown to let Beckford go, a talent can clinically finish. Give him until the end of the season. if he still doesnt cut it, boot him out and get 2 mil

stupid.

that why Pearson would be a Clown to let Beckford go, a talent can clinically finish. Give him until the end of the season. if he still doesnt cut it, boot him out and get 2 mil

We won't be getting 2mill if he hasn't cut it by the end of the season.

ok........ so you would give Waghorn a chance at starting?? Wow, glad you aren't the manager

Suppose you think Dyer is clinical infront of goal too...

I think judging a player as awful because of their shooting in the warm up is ridiculous and makes you come across as being incredibly narrow minded.

I don't think Beckford is a natural finisher from what I've seen of him. (On the pitch, not in the warm up like).

I think if Beckford has another poor season making only a 400k loss on him would be incredible, there isn't a chance that would happen, especially considering his wages, and find people who say things like, 'Give him a chance and if he does poorly sell him for x amount of money' to be incredibly annoying.

ok........ so you would give Waghorn a chance at starting?? Wow, glad you aren't the manager

Suppose you think Dyer is clinical infront of goal too...

I'm afraid the continued claim that Beckford is a 'clinical finisher' or whatever is simply not backed up by the statistics. I've put up tables of Championships goal scorers, assists etc etc and can't be bothered to do it again.

As far as I can see its STILL all hope with Jermaine. Not reality. Unfortunately.

I think judging a player as awful because of their shooting in the warm up is ridiculous and makes you come across as being incredibly narrow minded.

I don't think Beckford is a natural finisher from what I've seen of him. (On the pitch, not in the warm up like).

I think if Beckford has another poor season making only a 400k loss on him would be incredible, there isn't a chance that would happen, especially considering his wages, and find people who say things like, 'Give him a chance and if he does poorly sell him for x amount of money' to be incredibly annoying.

'

to suggest that the shooting in the warm up should be overlooked is narrow minded in my opinion. I don't know any top strikers that consistently have a bad warm up, I agree we would make a loss but i guess thats a gamble we were prepared to take. There is still time yet!

I'm afraid the continued claim that Beckford is a 'clinical finisher' or whatever is simply not backed up by the statistics. I've put up tables of Championships goal scorers, assists etc etc and can't be bothered to do it again.

As far as I can see its STILL all hope with Jermaine. Not reality. Unfortunately.

He did alright at his spell at Everton in the Prem...

Am i missing something as i just don't get this Beckford is quality and a finisher...besides the Forest game last season when has he ever stood out?

David Nugent may be struggling for goals but you cannot fault his work rate as for Beckford he offers nothing to the side, the quicker Pearson can get shot of him the better.

I think the warm up does give a slight indication of a player, for example, I'd be a little alarmed if all our strikers were continuously slicing the ball twenty yards wide each time. But the warm up obviously doesn't actually prove anything - just like friendlies really, means nothing, you just have to perform during the match.

I think the warm up does give a slight indication of a player, for example, I'd be a little alarmed if all our strikers were continuously slicing the ball twenty yards wide each time. But the warm up obviously doesn't actually prove anything - just like friendlies really, means nothing, you just have to perform during the match.

I usually watch the warm ups and, no word of a lie, one of those usually on target is Lloyd Dyer. So I think warm ups actually mean shit!

lol

I usually watch the warm ups and, no word of a lie, one of those usually on target is Lloyd Dyer. So I think warm ups actually mean shit!

lol

I've noticed that too, he seems to take it a bit more seriously than the others - he is that sort of person after all. Nugent seems more interested in having a laugh than warming up, as do a few others :P

I've noticed that too, he seems to take it a bit more seriously than the others - he is that sort of person after all. Nugent seems more interested in having a laugh than warming up, as do a few others :P

I've noticed that too.. Nugent's a bit of a cheeky chappy.

Better not say the name of one of the players that usually misses...

:whistle:

lol

Not about Beckford , but my son plays for Aylestone Park as a keeper , I warm him up before games and he was absolutely shocking last week , I just said to him 'best to get the mistakes out of the way before the game' . And it worked he played an absolute blinder . He is a good keeper must be cos he is playing for City elite development a week on tuesday and Florist are also interested . In fairness a warm up means sod all , it does not make a player crap because he is poor in the warm up

Beckford was a very good player for Leeds and did ok at Everton but he's done next to nothing at Leicester and to be fair I thought he'd be ok but he's been well below parr. Let him go out on loan then sell him he will not be missed because he's done nothing!

Archived