Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
chili_con_carne

Beckford - will he go or will he stay?

I rememer Jon Sammels used to fire in long range shots in the warm up, nearly all went way over or miles wide. But funnily enough in an actual game they still went flying well over the bar or miles wide! :scarf:

True, I think it was practicing with Birchenal that did it.

I rememer Jon Sammels used to fire in long range shots in the warm up, nearly all went way over or miles wide. But funnily enough in an actual game they still went flying well over the bar or miles wide! :scarf:

But then nobody fires in long rangers every time with 100% accuracy, and Waghorn is not selected for his 30 yard screamers, it is for his energy and commitment in and around the box, and a very healthy goals to games (starts) ratio.

The best at 30 yard screamers whilst under no pressure is Gallagher, I bet he is awesome in the warm-up, but he doesn't even make the bench because there is more to football than being able to find the top corner from 30 yards out.

But then nobody fires in long rangers every time with 100% accuracy, and Waghorn is not selected for his 30 yard screamers, it is for his energy and commitment in and around the box, and a very healthy goals to games (starts) ratio.

The best at 30 yard screamers whilst under no pressure is Gallagher, I bet he is awesome in the warm-up, but he doesn't even make the bench because there is more to football than being able to find the top corner from 30 yards out.

Debatable really. We have a lad who starts who only scores screamers! I bet he does it in the warm-up too

As if Beckford's on a four year deal, what the fvck Sven.

Sven didn't know how it would all work out when he signed him.

He spent a decent amount of money, you'd want that player for a length of time.

I thought Andrew Neville sorted all that shizzle out? Nothing to do with Sven if so

Debatable really. We have a lad who starts who only scores screamers! I bet he does it in the warm-up too

Yes but that didn't fit my point. When it comes to gally that is all he does and it is not enough, of course Marshall may be better, but he brings a lot more to the team.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/reading-transfer-gossip-simon-church-1318072

Huddersfield will switch their sights to Reading's Simon Church if Leicester refuse to let them have Jermaine Beckford.

Terriers boss Simon Grayson wants to bring in a new striker ahead of Saturday's Championship clash at home to Derby.

Former Leeds and Everton hit-man Beckford is his top choice, but the Foxes are stalling on a loan deal with their second-tier rivals.

Grayson has lined up Church, 23, as an alternative target, because the Welsh international is behind Pavel Pogrebnyak, Jason Roberts, Noel Hunt and Adam Le Fondre in the pecking order at the Madejski.

http://www.mirror.co...-church-1318072

Huddersfield will switch their sights to Reading's Simon Church if Leicester refuse to let them have Jermaine Beckford.

Terriers boss Simon Grayson wants to bring in a new striker ahead of Saturday's Championship clash at home to Derby.

Former Leeds and Everton hit-man Beckford is his top choice, but the Foxes are stalling on a loan deal with their second-tier rivals.

Grayson has lined up Church, 23, as an alternative target, because the Welsh international is behind Pavel Pogrebnyak, Jason Roberts, Noel Hunt and Adam Le Fondre in the pecking order at the Madejski.

Graysons watched the Blackpool match

I thought Andrew Neville sorted all that shizzle out? Nothing to do with Sven if so

If he wasn't involved then he should have been, I'd be pissed off if any manager wasn't involved in those kind of details. Whether it be Sven, Pearson or anyone else.

He didn't sign the bloke to fail though, so I can understand the club wanting to give a long contract to someone to have invested substantially in, similarly with Mills. The problem was neither of them were or have been good enough so far, noot how much they were paid or how long their contracts were.

I am surprised that so many would be happy to see the back of Beckford. I don't know the bloke but always looks disinterested. Sure that can't be the case but nethertheless think he will not produce his best at City!

Very happy for him to go for a good fee as long as Vardy can step up at this level with goals. Nuge is a class finisher IMO.

Beckford deal dead :(

His agent says

@nickrubery1

“@kingpowers: @nickrubery1 have #lcfc stopped the beckford to huddersfield deal completely now?†Yes. J won't be going anywhere now.

Although his agent did say earlier in the summer Beckford won't be going anywhere, & then we obviously tried to get rid late on

Just tweeted from first4lcfc

http://first4lcfc.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/jermaine-beckford-to-stay-at-leicester.html

@kingpowers: @nickrubery1 have #lcfc stopped the beckford to huddersfield deal completely now?†Yes. J won't be going anywhere now.

Interesting, could be agent talk though obviously.

It's about whether or not Pearson has a preferred target that can be brought in.

Oh and 'first4lcfc' knows less than my mum on transfer matters and she's never even worked in Morrisson's.

Grayson needs a striker preferably for Saturday and he can't afford to be let down because Pearson hasn't got his transfer ducks in a row again.

It's about whether or not Pearson has a preferred target that can be brought in.

Oh and 'first4lcfc' knows less than my mum on transfer matters and she's never even worked in Morrisson's.

Grayson needs a striker preferably for Saturday and he can't afford to be let down because Pearson hasn't got his transfer ducks in a row again.

He only passed on information... :dunno:

Archived