Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Oadby Fox

We must keep our faith in Pearson

Following our indifferent start, fans' message boards have featured discussions on how long Nigel Pearson would remain Leicester City boss.

In this, the first of a regular new column, the Foxes Trust Board would like to explain why we feel a change of manager is the last thing the owners should be considering. http://www.thisisleicestershire.co.uk/story-16962472-detail/story.html

I must admit I let my frustrations get the better of me after the Wolves game.

I didn't say I wanted him gone, but I was doubting him.

With a bit of perspective and a win on Wednesday I am thinking that we have to take the long view and enjoy watching his team of cracking young players develop.

Guest BlueBrett

I think most sensible fans accept that Pearson is far from the world's greatest football manager but recognise that he has started building a decent team and stability is the most likely road to success. He has my full support and that will remain the case unless we finish in the bottom half of the table this season.

The biggest compliment I can pay Pearson is to say I don't think my own preferred choice for manager Ole gunnar Solksjaer would likely have attacked with any greater conviction that our own boss this season and that's all I've really campaigned for since joining this forum.

While any sensible manager will strive for it, I've never expected perfection from Person or anyone else but I have expected our managers to have the courage to try to score goals and win games, both home and away - and to shed the shackles of fear which have so often prompted us to sit back on a lead or to be far too negative on our travels or even at other times.

But the improvement in our attitude has been pronounced this season. We have a better all round team playing much more exciting and committed football and so long as that continues I have no problem offering my full support and coping with the inevitable disappointments, like glaring misses, wrongly disallowed goals and seemingly undeserved defeats.

I'll never blame a manager because his strikers miss sitters and I'll not be quick to blame the strikers either. What I'll not support is a team which doesn't try to create chances and players who don't take responsibility for having a shot or trying to make things happen.

Win or lose - the Burton game excepted - i've enjoyed a great deal of our football this season and believe that Pearson has taken us a considerable way towards having the kind of team and the kind of approach which just might give us the success we're chasing. Before that, and under so many different managers, we never had a chance and were simply kidding ourselves to think otherwise.

That doesn't mean I'm feeling smugly satisfied. Pearson needs to keep evolving and improving as an attacking manager and so do all the players in our squad. But at long last I believe we've made a start and, barring absolute catastrophe, I see no reason to stall our progress by having another managerial change either this season or even next, if the foundations continue to be built firmly and on the right philosophy.

But, like people in every walk of life, players and manager need support and encouragement when things go wrong when they're trying to do the right thing. I think that's missing sometimes - especially for people like Dyer, Pearson and one or two others on occasions.

Criticism will never stop and emotions, particularly the emotion of disappointment, will always make some people unforgiving. But we need to remember we're supposed to be "supporters" - people who do their little bit to try and lift their team whatever.

It's hard when the team doesn't give their all and have a go, but I don't think that's been the case at all this season in the Championship.

The biggest compliment I can pay Pearson is to say I don't think my own preferred choice for manager Ole gunnar Solksjaer would likely have attacked with any greater conviction that our own boss this season and that's all I've really campaigned for since joining this forum.

While any sensible manager will strive for it, I've never expected perfection from Person or anyone else but I have expected our managers to have the courage to try to score goals and win games, both home and away - and to shed the shackles of fear which have so often prompted us to sit back on a lead or to be far too negative on our travels or even at other times.

But the improvement in our attitude has been pronounced this season. We have a better all round team playing much more exciting and committed football and so long as that continues I have no problem offering my full support and coping with the inevitable disappointments, like glaring misses, wrongly disallowed goals and seemingly undeserved defeats.

I'll never blame a manager because his strikers miss sitters and I'll not be quick to blame the strikers either. What I'll not support is a team which doesn't try to create chances and players who don't take responsibility for having a shot or trying to make things happen.

Win or lose - the Burton game excepted - i've enjoyed a great deal of our football this season and believe that Pearson has taken us a considerable way towards having the kind of team and the kind of approach which just might give us the success we're chasing. Before that, and under so many different managers, we never had a chance and were simply kidding ourselves to think otherwise.

That doesn't mean I'm feeling smugly satisfied. Pearson needs to keep evolving and improving as an attacking manager and so do all the players in our squad. But at long last I believe we've made a start and, barring absolute catastrophe, I see no reason to stall our progress by having another managerial change either this season or even next, if the foundations continue to be built firmly and on the right philosophy.

But, like people in every walk of life, players and manager need support and encouragement when things go wrong when they're trying to do the right thing. I think that's missing sometimes - especially for people like Dyer, Pearson and one or two others on occasions.

Criticism will never stop and emotions, particularly the emotion of disappointment, will always make some people unforgiving. But we need to remember we're supposed to be "supporters" - people who do their little bit to try and lift their team whatever.

It's hard when the team doesn't give their all and have a go, but I don't think that's been the case at all this season in the Championship.

bit of an essay lol but i agree with what i read

Great post from Thracian :thumbup:

A positive from Burnley for me was that at last the current manager and his players demonstrated the ability to deal with a team that parked the bus, something that was a perennial problem last season.

Effective half time change in formation and players on the pitch who could handle that is credit to Nigel and a step forward in terms of climbing the greasy pole to promotion.

In the general scheme of things he is not a manager with masses of experience so will make mistakes and his tenure at Leicester has been far from ideal in terms of owner support and inherited playing staff.

As the trust rightly say we need a long term view and we need to stick to it unless we are getting murdered week in, week out - or failing to progress in creativity and ideas - which we are not IMHO.

I think we have improved under Pearson and whilst we continue to improve regardless of how slow the improvement is then I stay stick by him. I think much depends on our spending restrictions too if we are still heavily restricted due to ffp then its a must that we stick by him, but If the spending restrictions have been lifted with the new ownership and we continue to lose the majority of our games and end up settling up in the bottom half of the table then changes need to be considered

This is all good, of course, but today is a big game. I don't mean in terms of points etc.. We could lose today and still play catch-up.

But Hull are a good side. Today is a real indicator of whether we are going to be able to compete with the better sides in the division.

We beat Blackpool, we can beat Hull too IMO.

Come on you blue buggers!!!

I'm sure any manager would operate best in a situation where he can plan ahead. The shot-termism we have in the modern game will lean managers towards big name loans rather than long term success with up and coming youngsters. I feel Pearson has the future of the club in mind all the time. Some of his signings aren't neccessarily to get results tomorrow, they're to get results a year from now, after his ideas and methods have been ingrained into the team. I feel we have a great bunch of young players and a bit of continuity can go a long way, we might just have to put up with the odd bit of disappointment in the short term.

We don't just need to keep our faith in Pearson, we need to show the owners that we have faith in him. Yes we can't stop those who want rid booing or ringing in Radio Leicester or whatever, and yes we can't stop the owners from making their decision, but at least those who do have faith in Pearson could back him, win, lose or draw at the games. We need all of those in favour of stability to back the team 100% throughout the match whatever. The owners have us in a delicate position in that we can't really be too negative towards them because given the level of debt we have we're relying on them at the moment just to keep the club afloat, but the least we can do is make it clear that the majority of the fans are not in support of the managerial merry go round. It's all well and good complaining, on here, about the fickle twats who boo when things aren't going our way, but it'd be nice to drown them out for a change. Hopefully we'll get lots of pro-Pearson chants today, whatever the result.

The longer he stays the squad will have more mark davies,tom cleverleys,marshall's,knockearts! Talented young players! i remember when he was first here before he was sacked for no reason he was after Robert Lewondowski when he was at Lech before he went on to be a top polish and Dortmund striker, and sending scouts out to Italy Last season looking at ogbonna at Torino, who was in the paper this week linked with a £16m move to Man utd. He'll have Walsh and his scouts looking round europe looking at future top stars. Keep the faith

no faith in that **** and i want be crying if and when he gets the sack as well as i will never sing his name and praise him if he gets us to the promised land. i just don't like the arrogant so and so

That's a shame because he speaks very highly of you.

is it possible for all our fans to get behind him? i know alot of fans do fully support him an i am one, the stability he is bringing is brilliant an we look a better team than weve been in recent years, i truly believe hes the man to take us up! but we all need to get behind him and the team. This is our year! what do you say?

Archived