Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Oadby Fox

We must keep our faith in Pearson

Im personally going down there to protest. Who is with me? All this Redknapp bolocks I hope it's wrong.

We need Pearson to take us up anything else is a mistake. I have respect for the owners but this will go if they do the unthinkable.

Love big Nige.

Best manager since mon. Fact.

It's just that. Bollocks, none stories perpetuated by Harry's media chums and desperate sports editors to fill a space in their filthy rags.

Will everyone PLEASE shut the **** up with all this Pearson out nonsense it is doing my head in.

Protest, what a laugh, Pearson is not going to be sacked, the Redknapp rumours are a load of cobblers, so please just ignore them.

Will everyone PLEASE shut the **** up with all this Pearson out nonsense it is doing my head in.

Protest, what a laugh, Pearson is not going to be sacked, the Redknapp rumours are a load of cobblers, so please just ignore them.

Abit like when Sven was sacked. Who saw that coming?

There's no grounds to sack him at the minute. The owners are sensible and haven't done anything rash so far in their tenure.

Are they sensible? They've added a hell of a lot of debt to the club over the course of their tenure. They gave Eriksson a load of cash to spend in the summer of 2011, then sacked him after thirteen games when we were two points off the play offs having won more games than we'd lost. That was pretty rash. Pearson shouldn't be going anywhere but I never think we are more than a bad run of form away from changing our manager under this lot.

If NP were to be sacked the Thais would be effectively saying they have made two serious recruitment errors during their time here. Mandaric could get away with that as the club was his personal plaything, but the Thais are heading up a much larger, multinational operation - they will lose a great deal of credibility. Leaving aside for one moment how it would appear to the outside world, in any case I don't think they are that fickle. They are shrewd guys who make well considered business decisions - and they want to prove that to the rest of Planet Football. I bet they see a good proportion of the other consortia and rich upstarts that run English clubs as unsophisticated chancers.

These guys have a point to make - hiring and firing every 5 minutes will make them look like rank amateurs.

If Pearson gets the sack Im personally going down there to protest. Who is with me? All this Redknapp bolocks I hope it's wrong.

We need Pearson to take us up anything else is a mistake. I have respect for the owners but this will go if they do the unthinkable.

Love big Nige.

Best manager since mon. Fact.

I'd be there with you

Im not saying he's the best manager ever or anything silly but since O'Neill, he is easily the best manager we've had.

His record last time speaks for itself and, at present, he is slowly building an exciting young team. Lots to still be done but this is one of the most competitive leagues in the world so not easy to be one of those 3 that does go up come May.

For the short term we MUST stick with him regardless

How can he be better than Micky Adams only lost 5 games all season average gate 30000 and in his short spell when we were relegated he was undefeated

It was 6 actually.

But I doubt NP would have been able to cope in the circumstances Adams faced in 02-03 - administration, no transfer budget and a ban on ANY signings (even loans or freebies) after October that season.

If Adams had had a decent budget in 03-04 (he didn't, profits generated that season went to paying off creditors) he might well have been able to keep us up.

Reminds me of the start of the MON era.... stick with him and he WILL get us promoted wether its this season or next.

I'm not knocking Pearson at all but MON did it at the end of the season he came to us (albeit by the skin of our teeth!), despite his many critics when all was not going well mid flight. Also he managed to do it on a budget, plus then kept us in top 10 Prem. finishes for four years thereafter. Unless Pearson can surpass all that (bearing in mind his League One success and Championship play offs in 2010), then MON will always be the greatest! :)

It was 6 actually.

But I doubt NP would have been able to cope in the circumstances Adams faced in 02-03 - administration, no transfer budget and a ban on ANY signings (even loans or freebies) after October that season.

If Adams had had a decent budget in 03-04 (he didn't, profits generated that season went to paying off creditors) he might well have been able to keep us up.

Quite! Although we rode our luck with the "no points deduction" when entering administration ten years ago, which ensured that we finished runners up that season despite everything thrown at us, all the same when you consider everything Mickey Adams had to endure in his rollercoaster time as our manager between 2001-2004 (including a negative beginning alongside Dave Bassett, culminating in our relegation after five proud years in the Prem.), then he did very well. We were also only a gnat's c*ck away from staying up in the Prem. in 2003-04 too. Were it not for our tendency to give away very late goals to either end up drawing or losing matches (Wolves, 0-3 up lost 4-3, M'Boro, 1-3 up after 90 mins drew 3-3....et al!), then we'd have probably finished mid table that season instead. Whether we'd have then suffered second season syndrome thereafter is anybody's guess though!

Whereas Adams' predecessor, the infamous Peter Taylor, threw money at mediocre or sub standard players in the main, while also shipping out perfectly capable players at Prem. level still (who he considered as "past it" or disruptive - players like Cottee, Ian Marshall, Walshy, Collymore), then Adams' getting us back to the Prem. at the first attempt in his first fuil season incharge was nothing short of miraculous really - and is probably quite often overlooked these days - most likely as it was within nudging distance on from the MON era I guess, plus everybody probably still had a bitter taste in their mouths from the PT era that had just preceded it.

Posted this is in the Stinger and Young thread but will repeat it here. Would've put it in the Redknapp thread but it has disappeared.

Pearson talking to Stringer about Redknapp and the media, albeit briefly.

http://www.bbc.co.uk.../19787169#asset

The bests parts are when he calls Stringer a minor irritant and then mentions getting information from Tweets but says he would change the vowels. To twats I'd imagine.

Quite! Although we rode our luck with the "no points deduction" when entering administration ten years ago, which ensured that we finished runners up that season despite everything thrown at us, all the same when you consider everything Mickey Adams had to endure in his rollercoaster time as our manager between 2001-2004 (including a negative beginning alongside Dave Bassett, culminating in our relegation after five proud years in the Prem.), then he did very well. We were also only a gnat's c*ck away from staying up in the Prem. in 2003-04 too. Were it not for our tendency to give away very late goals to either end up drawing or losing matches (Wolves, 0-3 up lost 4-3, M'Boro, 1-3 up after 90 mins drew 3-3....et al!), then we'd have probably finished mid table that season instead. Whether we'd have then suffered second season syndrome thereafter is anybody's guess though!

Whereas Adams' predecessor, the infamous Peter Taylor, threw money at mediocre or sub standard players in the main, while also shipping out perfectly capable players at Prem. level still (who he considered as "past it" or disruptive - players like Cottee, Ian Marshall, Walshy, Collymore), then Adams' getting us back to the Prem. at the first attempt in his first fuil season incharge was nothing short of miraculous really - and is probably quite often overlooked these days - most likely as it was within nudging distance on from the MON era I guess, plus everybody probably still had a bitter taste in their mouths from the PT era that had just preceded it.

I remember Warnock on the last day of the promotion season spouting that we should be deducted 10 points and Micky adams replying on Radio 5 saying that even if they took 10 points off us, we'd still be above Sheff Utd so who cares?? Priceless

Posted this is in the Stinger and Young thread but will repeat it here. Would've put it in the Redknapp thread but it has disappeared.

Pearson talking to Stringer about Redknapp and the media, albeit briefly.

http://www.bbc.co.uk.../19787169#asset

The bests parts are when he calls Stringer a minor irritant and then mentions getting information from Tweets but says he would change the vowels. To twats I'd imagine.

That really is an insight into his relationship with the media .....

He clearly doesn't like Stringer much and looks back on the days where local media journos weren't as irritating!!!!

I didn't get the changing the media vowels bit?? Is it "Made Up" ???

Guest MattP

It was 6 actually.

Maybe, but don't forget Adams had a squad with players like Dickov, Izzet, Deane and Elliott in.

Pearson has never inherited a team with players of that quality in this division.

That really is an insight into his relationship with the media .....

He clearly doesn't like Stringer much and looks back on the days where local media journos weren't as irritating!!!!

I didn't get the changing the media vowels bit?? Is it "Made Up" ???

No of course not, 1:46 to 2:00ish.

I am a big fan of Pearson, but right now Adams was a better manager for us than np has been.

Not meant as disrespect but Adams got up promoted to the premiership and so far np hasn't done that when he does and keeps us up he will be the best manager since MON.

Until then Adams>NP

I remember Warnock on the last day of the promotion season spouting that we should be deducted 10 points and Micky adams replying on Radio 5 saying that even if they took 10 points off us, we'd still be above Sheff Utd so who cares?? Priceless

Priceless as much as ironic in many ways - considering Sheffield United was/is Micky Adams boyhood club!! :)

Archived