Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Leicester City 3 - 1 Hull Post Match

Are we the only team with a 100% home record?

Blackpool, Cardiff, Hull and Middlesbrough have all won 3 out of 3.

We're the only side to have won 4 out of 4.

Winning football AND attractive football, what more can you ask. Currently unstoppable at home and best of all the old Pearson hallmarks of winning once ahead and keeping going despite setbacks seem to be developing. Future looks bright, I feel really positive for the first time this season

Blackpool, Cardiff, Hull and Middlesbrough have all won 3 out of 3.

We're the only side to have won 4 out of 4.

Hmm, next week looks like a home banker with our 100% away record and their 100% home record then.

Think it's time we got something away, and have a sneaky feeling we will.

A win would be amazing, would take a draw though.

What's with everyone calling in and asking after Beckford? He's not scoring and he's not working for the team. I know Vardy infront of goal is lacking at present, but his all round game appears very well rounded and he don't stop working. I just don't get the Beckford love in !

What's with everyone calling in and asking after Beckford? He's not scoring and he's not working for the team. I know Vardy infront of goal is lacking at present, but his all round game appears very well rounded and he don't stop working. I just don't get the Beckford love in !

without meaning to be negative - first touch, passing, vision, holding ball up? he works hard but id say he lacks the quality needed in a team challenging for promotion. Still JBs game is by no means 'well rounded'

I had a fear when we didn't get more than one from the early pressure it may come back to haunt us.

However we were the better team by far today, and for me that was our best performance of the season by some distance.

I'm delighted for Pearson his work has paid off finally in what was a commanding display with only a couple of negatives.

Here's to a better away performance next weekend.

Last Hat Trick against Hull City 1952.

George Arthur Rowley Jr., (21 April 1926 – 19 December 2002), nicknamed "The Gunner" because of his explosive left-foot shot,[1] was an English football player and cricketer. He holds the record for the most goals in the history of English league football, scoring 434 from 619 league games. He was the younger brother of Manchester United legend Jack Rowley. He was shortlisted for inclusion into the English Football Hall of Fame in 2008.[2][3]

He holds the club record for the most goals in a single season at both Leicester City and Shrewsbury Town, scoring 44 goals in 42 league matches at Leicester in 1956-57[4] and 38 goals in 43 games for Shrewsbury in 1958-59. He is also Shrewsbury's record league goalscorer with 152 league goals.[5] He is Leicester's second all-time top goalscorer, netting 265 times for the Foxes, 8 goals short of Arthur Chandler's record.[6]

Arthur Rowley scored in the first match I ever saw - 4-3 against Grimsby in January 1957, and I was hooked. We got promoted that season, and Rowley scored 44 goals. Following season he only got 20, so they sold him to Shrewsbury. Proving, if proof were needed, that dickheads running football clubs is not a new phenomenon.

LOVED the '2-1 Leicester, in your cup final, in your cup final, 2-1 Leicester' song.

Top game as well. Thought everyone looked good, especially Knockaert and Nuge. Sort out the away form, Vardy become a bit more clinical and we're onto a winner here.

Fûck yeah.

Nugent had 3 chances, scored 3 goals. Left foot, right foot and a header. Perfect.

Knockaert continues to be a hero. His general play is pretty good, when he gets some confidence it's a joy to watch (although a bit heart in mouth at times haha). But I just fkin love his general attitude. He's so happy to be out there, to run everywhere and the way he celebrated the winner after he knocked it off the line was heroic. I love him.

Wasn't nervous about today at all, have every confidence in Leicester at home, another great home performance, definitely the best performance of the season so far.

Nugent deserves praise for the hat-trick, as someone said it was the perfect hat-trick, but today is all about Anthony Knockaert for me. Knockaert is seriously incredible, the kid has so much flair it's unreal, never seen a player like it in a Leicester shirt, he has so much confidence in his ability, when we passed him the ball the amount of confidence everyone gained from him was great to see aswell, Knockaert was everywhere today, incredible performance.

Also impressed with the central of midfield, thought Matty James played a blinder today, really impressed with him, broke down attacks, linked well with Drinkwater and the strikers. Drinkwater aswell controlled things when James got subbed, defensively he looked much better in the second half. While the defence was incredibly strong, De Laet, St Ledger, Morgan and Konchesky hardly did anything wrong, goal was sloppy and there was a few heart in mouth moments, but Konchesky played a consistent game, Morgan and St Ledger dominated and De Laet had a great second half.

All we need now is an away win, the team has confidence and we haven't put in a proper bad performance yet.

Well done Leicester!!!

LOVED the '2-1 Leicester, in your cup final, in your cup final, 2-1 Leicester' song.

Top game as well. Thought everyone looked good, especially Knockaert and Nuge. Sort out the away form, Vardy become a bit more clinical and we're onto a winner here.

So that's what is was, just couldn't work out the "in your cup final" bit..

Archived