Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Derby @ Home now on Sky

Do the ticket, pie and a pint deal for £20 again and get a decent attendance LCFC.

What is Sky's fixation on this fixture anyway? It's our second derby, it's arguably their third rivalry and the games have been incredibly one-sided in our favour since we returned to the Championship.

Is that supposed to be insulting ? If it is, I'm afraid you're a wee bit wide of the mark.

Sky have been moving games around for years, they're giving us 2 months notice. It's not as though the game is this weekend is it ??

This place makes me laugh, one week people moan because we get 10 seconds on the football league show, when we get a full 90 minutes on sky people throw their toys out the pram.

News flash for you all, you can't have it both ways.

Local derby (always likely to be moved on police advice) and for the few hundred, because let's face it, that's all it will affect, that can no longer make it, there's thousands that for whatever reason of not going to the game will now be able to see it.

It was more to say you're footballs bitch. I suppose you'd pay £40 for a second tier football match away at Leeds because football has been getting more expensive for years?

Typical mentality, just sit there and take it, follow the sheep buddy and do as you're told.

:dry:

Is that supposed to be insulting ? If it is, I'm afraid you're a wee bit wide of the mark.

Sky have been moving games around for years, they're giving us 2 months notice. It's not as though the game is this weekend is it ??

This place makes me laugh, one week people moan because we get 10 seconds on the football league show, when we get a full 90 minutes on sky people throw their toys out the pram.

News flash for you all, you can't have it both ways.

Local derby (always likely to be moved on police advice) and for the few hundred, because let's face it, that's all it will affect, that can no longer make it, there's thousands that for whatever reason of not going to the game will now be able to see it.

How the hell can you even compare coverage time on the FLS and a Sky 5:20 lol

No-one is moaning about the coverage, yes there's the positive of us being the focus game, but it's nothing to do with that, it's the complete inconvenience for so many. For me, it's not so inconvenient, I'm not too bothered about the kick off time.

But I am bothered that the attendance will be appalling again. Bilo's nailed it, Leicester could be laughing if they do that pie & pint deal again.

It was more to say you're footballs bitch. I suppose you'd pay £40 for a second tier football match away at Leeds because football has been getting more expensive for years?

Typical mentality, just sit there and take it, follow the sheep buddy and do as you're told.

Spot on this.

I don't get how anyone can just sit back and accept Sky & clubs taking the piss.

Do you have to be home by 10pm or something?

lol

Personally love the part in the pub between 7-9.30 when you are on it and getting ready to go into a town, miss that part and it's often the best bit.

The thing is, I will not and I do not.

I hate how football has become, that's why I don't go anymore. If anyone has the money to pay £25-£40 a ticket for a championship game, then fair play to you, you earn more than me !

But I don't like it so therefore I don't go.

So no, I don't "sit there and take it"

If people don't like the fact games have been moved/ticket prices are high/sky are crooks/your Missus hasn't cooked dinner, then do something about it.

Make the football clubs and the powers that be take notice.

Stay away from games, refuse to pay more than you should, but why you keep paying money to the man, get used to it.

The thing is, I will not and I do not.

I hate how football has become, that's why I don't go anymore. If anyone has the money to pay £25-£40 a ticket for a championship game, then fair play to you, you earn more than me !

But I don't like it so therefore I don't go.

So no, I don't "sit there and take it"

If people don't like the fact games have been moved/ticket prices are high/sky are crooks/your Missus hasn't cooked dinner, then do something about it.

Make the football clubs and the powers that be take notice.

Stay away from games, refuse to pay more than you should, but why you keep paying money to the man, get used to it.

Fine in an ideal world, but as clubs like Chelsea and Arsenal have proven, the day trippers have taken the real fans' seats.

Someone will always pay the money.

Itd be fantastic if fans for one day up and down the country boycotted the fixturs on a given day. Never happen though

There's something ironic about Sky subscribers using an internet forum to complain about how modern football is crap.

On the other hand, I suppose some people think there will be enough neutral fans in other English towns far away from Leicester interested enough in our team to make moving the kickoff two hours later worth their while. I'd also say it sure beats moving the kickoff two hours earlier.

lol It's my works Christmas do that evening, and we're having it at the stadium. Might get cancelled now! lol I honestly can't believe someone at the club didn't have the foresight to see that Derby game might be moved for Sky and and it probably wasn't worth scheduling a Christmad do that evening!

Fine in an ideal world, but as clubs like Chelsea and Arsenal have proven, the day trippers have taken the real fans' seats.

Someone will always pay the money.

I'm not sure how you can compare – most clubs don't have enough (if any) day trippers to replace their 'real fans'.

Another Saturday 3pm ruined.

We worked it out at my workplace, thats ten empty seats easily.

They must make a lot from Sky to compensate for the lost revenue, a lot of poeple i know are refusing this year to go to rearranged matches since they are now sick of this.

I'm sure I read that many FL teams lose out on revenue when on TV they don't actually get that much as it's spread across all teams in the FL and the deal itself isn't worth that much in total.

I'm sure I read that many FL teams lose out on revenue when on TV they don't actually get that much as it's spread across all teams in the FL and the deal itself isn't worth that much in total.

It helps with sponsorship and around the pitch advertising.

Archived