Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
gw_leics772

knocky's goals

Thats the thing though his sideways flap was the wrong technique to use I may not have been able to see how far out it was but you could see how close his hand was to it and it his hand was at the right height save the shot he just seemed to miss time his flap, if he had tried to get under it and tip it I think he saves it, he's positioning is a bit lazy as well although you wouldn't really expect someone to shoot from that far out and certainly not that hard lol.

It's not unsavable, it's not even in the corner.

Still we could debate this all week, it's a great strike regardless your not going to do much better form 35 yards out.

I think that was it. It wasn't in the corner but he's a bit off his line, Knocky's rocketed it when he wasn't expecting it and it's sort of gone over him like a chip. The goalkeeper had no time to set himself and it was past him almost before he knew it, like the 2nd one.

Just popping in from my Turkish holiday to say... Holy shit. It literally just cost me £20 to watch those goals but bloody hell it was worth it. Stunning, the second is like nothing I had ever seen. If Messi or Ronaldo had done that it would be proclaimed the best goal ever.

I hope Alan Young now stops asking to drop him for away games.

Hopefully I spend another £20 to watch Some stunners against Bristol C.

Just popping in from my Turkish holiday to say... Holy shit. It literally just cost me £20 to watch those goals but bloody hell it was worth it. Stunning, the second is like nothing I had ever seen. If Messi or Ronaldo had done that it would be proclaimed the best goal ever.

Weather was beautiful in huddersfield last night Babs :P

Raining quality goals

Guest nathan.

First goal was a great strike. Although I have to say the second probably involved more luck than judgement!

No way was it luck

Agree to all - incredible bloody goals! My God

What? Please clarify how often Dennis Bergkamp visits Huddersfield has anything to do with a debate surronding Anthony Knockarts brace last night being the best goal some people have seen live.

I didn't bring up Bergkamp--you did.

I'm glad you're one of the lucky 20,000-odd fans that got to see Bergkamp's hattrick live, but I'd bet most of the audience at HTFC last night did not share your privilege (and that goes for the many Huddersfield fans, who've gotten even less chances to see world-class players over the past decade than ours, that showered superlatives on Knockaert's goals).

I wasn't comparing those goals--rather, I was calling you a snob, criticizing your tone as unnecessarily condescending and accusing you of indirectly calling everyone who said that Knockaert's goals were "the best brace they've ver seen live" footballing philistines. Now, you don't have to agree, but at least you've toned that down a bit since your original post.

You know it's a good goal when it appears on one of the biggest sports websites in Australia

http://www.foxsports.com.au/football/leicester-city-player-anthony-knockaert-scores-two-amazing-goals-against-huddersfield-town-in-npower-championship/story-e6frf423-1226487372421?fb_ref=foxsports-rec

Anthony Knockaert isn't a name you know.

But that's about to change given the quality of his two goals for Leicester City against Huddersfield Town in the nPower Championship.

Knockaert, signed from Guingamp in the pre-season transfer window, has been a revelation for the Foxes this season.

The France Under-21 international has been at the heart of much of Leicester's improved form that has seen them climb to second on the Championship ladder with four consecutive wins.

He hadn't scored in the league this season, but how he opened his Championship account against the Terriers on Wednesday morning (EST).

His 35-metre effort to open the scoring was as good as you'll see anywhere, and his second was easily the equal of Robin van Persie's goal for Manchester United against Cluj.

Knockaert is surely headed for the Barclays Premier League.

Leicester fans hope he'll complete the journey with them this season, for they know he won't be in the Championship this time next year if the Foxes don't claim promotion this time around.

Leicester boss Nigel Pearson played down expectations after the game.

"He is a talent but it's important we don't put too much expectation on him," Pearson said.

"We can't afford to build him up to knock him down.

"The two goals were great. He certainly let fly for the first one. He had the breeze behind him but it was a fantastic strike.

"The second one was superb improvisation but you need ability to do that. He is certainly a potential match winner for us but he is still a young player.

"He has shown there is a bit of an edge to him as well, and we have to help him control that."

Pearson hailed his head of recruitment, Steve Walsh, for finding Knockaert.

"He has done a lot of good work over the years and takes the credit for finding players like Anthony," Pearson said of Walsh.

"You don't throw a net out and see what comes in.

"It takes a lot of care.

"What we have spent shows we get value for money."

I didn't bring up Bergkamp--you did.

I'm glad you're one of the lucky 20,000-odd fans that got to see Bergkamp's hattrick live, but I'd bet most of the audience at HTFC last night did not share your privilege (and that goes for the many Huddersfield fans, who've gotten even less chances to see world-class players over the past decade than ours, that showered superlatives on Knockaert's goals).

I wasn't comparing those goals--rather, I was calling you a snob, criticizing your tone as unnecessarily condescending and accusing you of indirectly calling everyone who said that Knockaert's goals were "the best brace they've ver seen live" footballing philistines. Now, you don't have to agree, but at least you've toned that down a bit since your original post.

Top Paragraph irrelevant again and vague again, I did indeed bring Dennis Bergkamp up but I still don't see how often he plays at Huddersfield, or what braces Huddersfield Towns fans have seen have nothing to do with anything I have said or the thread.

Read what I said again, I said anyone saying it was the best brace they've ever seen live either was exageratting (as people do on here all the time) or had not seen a lot of football games, I think you've somewhat made the tone up yourself. I didn't call anyone a phillistine, although I have to admit having seen the goals again although it's not the best brace I've ever seen I can see why people would say that, I thought he was about 10 yards closer for the first and my view of the second was terrible.

Archived