Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
gw_leics772

knocky's goals

How often do the likes of Dennis Bergkamp come to Huddlesfield? And why do you insist on being such a football hipster?

What? Please clarify how often Dennis Bergkamp visits Huddersfield has anything to do with a debate surronding Anthony Knockarts brace last night being the best goal some people have seen live.

What? Please clarify how often Dennis Bergkamp visits Huddersfield has anything to do with a debate surronding Anthony Knockarts brace last night being the best goal some people have seen live.

Cheer up moody chops. Both goals were great and if they are the best that some peeople have seen live who are you to argue? I wouldn't have a go at you for saying Bergkamps were better by saying "Well my friend you obvioussly haven't seen much football. Charles Charley Charles scored the best I have seen in 1934". Not everyone is as old as everyone else you know?

Come on leicester!!

X

Cheer up moody chops. Both goals were great and if they are the best that some peeople have seen live who are you to argue? I wouldn't have a go at you for saying Bergkamps were better by saying "Well my friend you obvioussly haven't seen much football. Charles Charley Charles scored the best I have seen in 1934". Not everyone is as old as everyone else you know?

Come on leicester!!

X

Because it's been blown out of proportion like most things on this site, couple of defeats you all want the manager, someone whacks a ball as hard as they can and it finds the middle of the net and flicks a ball into the net and he is better than Maradonna, standard Foxestalk.

X

Because it's been blown out of proportion like most things on this site, couple of defeats you all want the manager, someone whacks a ball as hard as they can and it finds the middle of the net and flicks a ball into the net and he is better than Maradonna, standard Foxestalk.

X

Haha, please show me a quotation where I have blown something out of proportaion and I will gladly surrender to your superior wit and charm. ALl I am saying is lighten up a bit, they were great goals. Please tell me an occasion in the last fifteen years when a Leicester player has scored two better goals in one game. Genuinely, I am interested to see them. Let's just anjoy ourselves shall we, part of the fun is getting carried away just alittle now and then. Can we hug?

x

Those saying its the greatest piece of genius/best brace they've seen live are either massively over hyping it or have been to very few football matches.

Bergkamps hat trick against us is still the greatest display of technique and finishing I've seen.

With you there. The 1st and 3rd goals were just ridiculous. For the 1st one he barely looked up and it's in the net before Keller can blink. The 3rd one is

a pure piss take, Elliott's so bamboozled he's got no choice but to just watch.

I think Knocky's brace has got to be the best from a City player though (Gally's duly noted). Certainly that I've seen and I've seen plenty of clips from the past.

Haha, please show me a quotation where I have blown something out of proportaion and I will gladly surrender to your superior wit and charm. ALl I am saying is lighten up a bit, they were great goals. Please tell me an occasion in the last fifteen years when a Leicester player has scored two better goals in one game. Genuinely, I am interested to see them. Let's just anjoy ourselves shall we, part of the fun is getting carried away just alittle now and then. Can we hug?

x

Did I say you in particular?? nnnnnoooo, was talking about the forum in general. Like I say the second one I actually do need to see the second again before I start talking about whats better as it really didn't wow me at the time and if it is actually that good I've not seen it properly.

I didn't say anything about it being from a Leicester player specifically, over the years we've had much more quality against us then we've had playing for us. it depends if you count hat tricks as well if so Collymores was better for me. I am a fan of Gallaghers last season they were both actually unstoppable.

Hate to say it, but this was a bit like when I watched the film Taken. I had heard it hyped too many times and therefore when I actually saw it, it wasn't as good as expected.... It also didn't help that once I heard/read the term "Scorpion Kick" I had visions of Rene Higuita.

Still, fantastic goals none the less and an outstanding result.

I think the first one great strike hit hard and shifting all over the place, I think it was was savable though, seemed to hit the middle of the goal from where I was sat.

Second one I'd like to see again as by the way you lot are going on seems I've missed something. When I saw it live it looked like a standard flick of the leg which while it looks good I've seen Sunday League Players do it and score.

Top performance from him last night in general throughly deserved his goals.

Watch it again, the second goal the ball is whipped behind him and moving away and he does some sort of one legged scorpion kick with awesome control.

I literally can not stop watching those goals! The second one is RIDICULOUS!!!!!!!!

:scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

Thing about "special" goals is we've all usually seen something like it before - such as a swerving long-range strike to the top corner. I don't think I have EVER seen anything like the second one, though. Truly unique for me.

The 2nd (and the first to be fair) would be in any list of top goals I could come up with, scored for Leicester anyway. Nallis v Leeds and Izzet v Grimsby were outstanding, but (excuse my ignorance) they were more hit and hope if you get my drift. Tony's last night was almost as if he though about it, but it was no better, for me, than Gally's back header against Scunthorpe.

They were both moments of genius, the quick thinking and adjustment and the ability to pull them off were just first class

Saw the goals on SSN last night :wub:lol

I wasn't expecting much from the second one as I was sure I heard the commentary team say it was lucky (unless I misheard them), but it was flipping awesome! Laughed my head off when I saw it!

He planted his left foot and stood still while making the perfect connection with the right heel scorpion kick. Lovely stuff.

lol thought you'd change your mind. Thoughts?

Second one my view was that crap I though he had scored with his right foot lol, that is quite special, straight at the keeper like but who is going to react to that in time.

Even the first one I'll change my mind on a bit as I had no idea he was that far out (obviously we were at the other end of the ground) although I'll still say the keeper could of saved it.

Second one my view was that crap I though he had scored with his right foot lol, that is quite special, straight at the keeper like but who is going to react to that in time.

Even the first one I'll change my mind on a bit as I had no idea he was that far out (obviously we were at the other end of the ground) although I'll still say the keeper could of saved it.

The 2nd is unreal, if RVP or messi did it they would make a documentary about it lol

I dunno about this one in the end it seemed to go through him a bit, don't think blame is the right word anyway and not saying its a keeper error and saying the shot is savable there is a difference, despite popular beliefe among football fans not ever shot is an easy save or unstoppable there is a middle ground.

Sure, a great keeper might've tipped it over. We'll never know. I'm just saying that Ronaldo has made quite a few of those that swerve, yet end up in the middle of the goal, and he's done so against very able goalkeepers. I don't hear many say that those shots were savable despite where they end up. For me it boils down to whether the keeper was expected to make that save, and the fact Smithies is flapping high in the air and it still sails over him suggests to me that the dip and swerve of the shot made it an unsavable one :thumbup:

Sure, a great keeper might've tipped it over. We'll never know. I'm just saying that Ronaldo has made quite a few of those that swerve, yet end up in the middle of the goal, and he's done so against very able goalkeepers. I don't hear many say that those shots were savable despite where they end up. For me it boils down to whether the keeper was expected to make that save, and the fact Smithies is flapping high in the air and it still sails over him suggests to me that the dip and swerve of the shot made it an unsavable one :thumbup:

Thats the thing though his sideways flap was the wrong technique to use I may not have been able to see how far out it was but you could see how close his hand was to it and it his hand was at the right height save the shot he just seemed to miss time his flap, if he had tried to get under it and tip it I think he saves it, he's positioning is a bit lazy as well although you wouldn't really expect someone to shoot from that far out and certainly not that hard lol.

It's not unsavable, it's not even in the corner.

Still we could debate this all week, it's a great strike regardless your not going to do much better form 35 yards out.

Archived