Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
rico

Brighton Game Fans Fixture

Brighton & Hove Albion will be the next side hoping to breach Fortress King Power Stadium, when Leicester City return to home action on Tuesday 23 October.

The Foxes have built a perfect record in front of the home supporters in the early stages of the new season – Bristol City the latest of five teams to leave Filbert Way pointless so far this term.

And as they look to strengthen their position among the npower Championship’s early-season front-runners, Nigel Pearson’s side will be eager to claim the scalp of a top-six rival such as Gus Poyet’s Seagulls.

The game also sees the return of the popular Fans Fixture, with tickets priced from just £15 for Adults, £10 for Under-22s and £5 for Under-12s. Admission for Under-8s will be FREE in the Family Stand and £1 in all other public areas.

Coming straight after the forthcoming international break and in the middle of half-term week, the game is expected to attract a large family attendance to the home of the Foxes, which should provide a terrific atmosphere for Nigel Pearson’s side, as they look to continue their impressive start to the season at home.

That should make for a decent attendance.

This is exactly the kind of thing that should happen for the lower key fixtures such as Barnsley et al.

I can see a 25,000 plus attendance at those prices, especially in half term week.

Brighton & Hove Albion will be the next side hoping to breach Fortress King Power Stadium, when Leicester City return to home action on Tuesday 23 October.

The Foxes have built a perfect record in front of the home supporters in the early stages of the new season – Bristol City the latest of five teams to leave Filbert Way pointless so far this term.

And as they look to strengthen their position among the npower Championship’s early-season front-runners, Nigel Pearson’s side will be eager to claim the scalp of a top-six rival such as Gus Poyet’s Seagulls.

The game also sees the return of the popular Fans Fixture, with tickets priced from just £15 for Adults, £10 for Under-22s and £5 for Under-12s. Admission for Under-8s will be FREE in the Family Stand and £1 in all other public areas.

Coming straight after the forthcoming international break and in the middle of half-term week, the game is expected to attract a large family attendance to the home of the Foxes, which should provide a terrific atmosphere for Nigel Pearson’s side, as they look to continue their impressive start to the season at home.

funny how they equate a large family attendance with a good atmopshere.

funny how they equate a large family attendance with a good atmopshere.

The club doesn't seem to have any understanding of atmosphere/chants whatsoever, they say the "we love you" song is ours and brought out that scarf because the people who actually sing it will obviously flock to buy it :dry:

And as you say, numbers don't always lead to a noisy stadium, you need the 'right' fans in to generate atmosphere.

Good to see but again yet more reference to this horrible obsession with families they have. The reason thousands 18-40 mainly male have given it up recently.

Anyone notice the family stand was pretty much full yesterday? 2/3 years ago that'd have been the Kop. The prices in there really do talk.

It will need another tier putting on it soon or the club could change the f'cking record and focus on arguebly the biggest and most traditionally popular section of their fanbase.

How many of the fans facing the Kop in the family stand had moved from more expensive seats.

Economic climate is hitting fans yet the club still put in increases on ticket prices.

I'd love to see how fewer student age groups attend now compared to Last Year.

I said it then and I'll say it now, removing the student age prices has been a massive cock up.

Glad they've done this but yet again the article's written so hideously it makes me sick.

Family this, family that, it's absolutely embarrassing. I've got nothing against Leicester getting the kids in but this is taking the piss.

The problem with the club's marketing so far as I can see is that it is really quite brilliant to attend City games from toddler to early teens, and it's just as good if you've kids or grandkids of that age but the age groups in the middle of that are completely neglected and in fact almost alienated.

The 18-30 age group have had their cheaper ticket pricing taken away, are prevented from creating atmosphere in many parts of the ground and seem to have little in the way of incentive to attend apart from the match itself. It's a good thing that the club targets kids and families, after all they could be the fans of the future, but it's only going to be semi-successful if attending the KP becomes a bit of a chore when you leave school up until the time you're having kids yourself.

The last thing we want is these kids hitting their teens, stop attending City games and then wind up as plastic Prem fans thanks to school yard peer pressure. The answers are to reintroduce cheaper tickets for 18-22 year olds, positively encourage atmosphere and listen to the concerns of this age group.

Without wanting to sound elitist, it's the 18-30 age group who produce the lion's share of the atmosphere at the ground and can make the KP an intimidating place to visit. 5,000 six year olds in the Family Stand aren't going to do that.

That said, these £15 fan fixture ticket prices are definitely a good thing and they should be done more often. I don't want to see 18,000 attendances when we're doing as well as we are, high attendances and good performances can only lead to an improved atmosphere. The wording of the article does worry me though, methinks the club are rather narrow in their focus.

The problem with the club's marketing so far as I can see is that it is really quite brilliant to attend City games from toddler to early teens, and it's just as good if you've kids or grandkids of that age but the age groups in the middle of that are completely neglected and in fact almost alienated.

The 18-30 age group have had their cheaper ticket pricing taken away, are prevented from creating atmosphere in many parts of the ground and seem to have little in the way of incentive to attend apart from the match itself. It's a good thing that the club targets kids and families, after all they could be the fans of the future, but it's only going to be semi-successful if attending the KP becomes a bit of a chore when you leave school up until the time you're having kids yourself.

The last thing we want is these kids hitting their teens, stop attending City games and then wind up as plastic Prem fans thanks to school yard peer pressure. The answers are to reintroduce cheaper tickets for 18-22 year olds, positively encourage atmosphere and listen to the concerns of this age group.

Without wanting to sound elitist, it's the 18-30 age group who produce the lion's share of the atmosphere at the ground and can make the KP an intimidating place to visit. 5,000 six year olds in the Family Stand aren't going to do that.

That said, these £15 fan fixture ticket prices are definitely a good thing and they should be done more often. I don't want to see 18,000 attendances when we're doing as well as we are, high attendances and good performances can only lead to an improved atmosphere. The wording of the article does worry me though, methinks the club are rather narrow in their focus.

Cracking assessment that is mate. Spot on.

I think the way we get kids in is good, but it's almost the way that's their 100% focus and the fact they've got absolutely zero interest in the age group you mentioned.

I doubt they'd go all plastic and support the likes of Man City but I do think we're doing our best to get these in and replace them once they reach age 18. The thing that worries me is that it's generally done via little things like this, bit by bit Leicester seem to impose this kind of shite on the fans and no-one kicks up a fuss as a result, and before anyone finally realises what's going on, the damage is done.

The people behind the scenes at Leicester need sacking. Not a thought to change their attitudes, just get rid of the lot of them, they're turning us into an embarrassment.

The club doesn't seem to have any understanding of atmosphere/chants whatsoever, they say the "we love you" song is ours and brought out that scarf because the people who actually sing it will obviously flock to buy it :dry:

And as you say, numbers don't always lead to a noisy stadium, you need the 'right' fans in to generate atmosphere.

Very true. Selhurst Park is half empty most of the time, but the Holmesdale fanatics make for a great atmosphere. The drums and flags are ****ing brilliant.

It's not just the current owners or even just LCFC this has been a gradual corrosion since the Taylor Report, all seater Stadia and the sanitising of football, it's like alienating the 18-35/40 has been part of a concerted cleansing of perceived trouble makers forgetting that they were also largely responsible for the singing and atmosphere.

I've been bleating about this for years as I've watched my son leave me and join his 15 mates who used to attend every home and many away games dwindle down to just him last year and now even he doesn't go even regularly.

The enjoyment has evaporated as they are forced to sit, some having been ejected in the past for over celebrating goals by staying on their feet for too long. The match day pricing which a lot of them would now use due to other commitments are outrageous and this coupled along with reserved seating and having to get tickets to get into the game simply puts this group of people off.

We went together this Saturday on the F&Fs as I have ST (now sat on my own :() and he managed to persuade 6 other mates to attend however we all had tickets for seats spread far and wide, fortunately (ironically) there were plenty empty seats that we were able to move too. Being able to sit together made what was a fairly lacklustre game that much more enjoyable.

This is how pricing should be, regularly. £30 to watch Peterborough is a farce. I have a ST so it doesn't make much difference for me, but it's been sad that the KP has been so empty this season. Prices are the only reason for the poor crowds. I remember last season, we got near enough 28,000 for a game against Pompey (which was on TV), because we had such good prices. Make it stick.

This is how pricing should be, regularly. £30 to watch Peterborough is a farce. I have a ST so it doesn't make much difference for me, but it's been sad that the KP has been so empty this season. Prices are the only reason for the poor crowds. I remember last season, we got near enough 28,000 for a game against Pompey (which was on TV), because we had such good prices. Make it stick.

Without a doubt really. Our pricing literally caps us and we won't sell out all season unless we have the biggest game in years.

preview.40bG5nxMexOeLlvP_500.png

The figures for the increase in match ticket price and ST sales were educated guesses so this table may need amending but otherwise the numbers are correct. We will have only gained another 1.5% in profit from match tickets this season with the changes to ticket prices (if my estimates are correct). That extra 1.5% profit doesn't account for other sales the club will have missed out on as our attendances dropped (like programmes and food inside the stadium).

If I'm correct then the club's pricing for match tickets has resulted in virtually no boost to our profit and a large drop in attendance. Happy to have people point out any mistakes I've made, as I say, I'm not sure of our ST sales this season or what the prices were for match tickets last season.

You're right. The club should tell anyone with kids to feck off.

Bilo highlights the main problem, Webbo, with all this focus on bringing in families.

I said that at the last FCC meeting, Bilo. Needless to say, it seemed a bit of a surprise to some in attendance.

They should also do it for a Saturday match, say Ipswich, and see what the crowd is like then, with people who can't make midweeks so they don't miss out.

Barnsley is also a fans fixture. Saturday 8th December.

Very. That should be a good one now but the problem is Derby the week before will take an even bigger hit as a result.

Seriously if our form dries up Derby at home will be one of the most embarrassing attendances I've ever seen considering the opposition.

Good to see but again yet more reference to this horrible obsession with families they have. The reason thousands 18-40 mainly male have given it up recently.

Anyone notice the family stand was pretty much full yesterday? 2/3 years ago that'd have been the Kop. The prices in there really do talk.

It will need another tier putting on it soon or the club could change the f'cking record and focus on arguebly the biggest and most traditionally popular section of their fanbase.

It's not just the current owners or even just LCFC this has been a gradual corrosion since the Taylor Report, all seater Stadia and the sanitising of football, it's like alienating the 18-35/40 has been part of a concerted cleansing of perceived trouble makers forgetting that they were also largely responsible for the singing and atmosphere.

I've been bleating about this for years as I've watched my son leave me and join his 15 mates who used to attend every home and many away games dwindle down to just him last year and now even he doesn't go even regularly.

The enjoyment has evaporated as they are forced to sit, some having been ejected in the past for over celebrating goals by staying on their feet for too long. The match day pricing which a lot of them would now use due to other commitments are outrageous and this coupled along with reserved seating and having to get tickets to get into the game simply puts this group of people off.

We went together this Saturday on the F&Fs as I have ST (now sat on my own :() and he managed to persuade 6 other mates to attend however we all had tickets for seats spread far and wide, fortunately (ironically) there were plenty empty seats that we were able to move too. Being able to sit together made what was a fairly lacklustre game that much more enjoyable.

Great posts from all.

Archived