Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
chili_con_carne

Anyone else worried a prem team might come in for Pearson?

No point worrying about it.

If it happens it happens.

Having lost a succession of good managers to 'bigger clubs' you kinda get used to it (Little, McGhee ( who did have us playing very well), MON).

It would be a fookin shame though. This squad looks really really settled.

Even though Redknapp's already taken them down once? :rolleyes:

Southampton gave Adkins a shedload to spend on new players, and should let them have time to gel before judging whether he is capable of managing in the top flight.

Even if they do decide he isn't the man to keep them up, I can't see why Pearson, with very limited experience of Premier management, would be in the frame to replace him.

I'm not saying they'll sack Adkins, but if they did, yes - I think they would be interested in Redknapp, regardless of what he did for them in the past. That was years ago and his recent record in the Premier League is good.

Worried? No!

Pearson has been rubbish, he only got us promoted at the first time of asking, unlike Forest & Leeds etc... Then he only got us in the playoffs... and then, recently, after the summer everyone said he needed, he's only took us to the top of the league!

Pearson out!!!

Don't you just love sarcasim and I was was thinking the same.

Southampton will want a experienced premier league manager to keep them up and Pearson hasn't got much experience in the top flight.

He's got experience at keeping them up though...

But seriously though, anyone who looks into NP's managerial career will see he is best at building a team, I know he did it at Southampton, but I don't think his strength is to come into a struggling side and make instant changes, look at last season, he needed time and money to turn things around and get the team playing his way, by that time Saints or QPR or whoever would be relegated.

No chance he has a very decent contract here for a Championship manager there would would be many much cheaper alternatives, plus even if someone was prepared to match his offer why leave a team on form for promotion for a team on form to be relegated

I was thinking his old club Southampton if they sacked adkins. He kept them in the championship when we went down, could he be given another chance but in the prem? I worry about it but then on the other hand why would he want to go? He's on a million plus a year, were top of the league, and Southampton could easily go down.

I was thinking his old club Southampton if they sacked adkins. He kept them in the championship when we went down, could he be given another chance but in the prem? I worry about it but then on the other hand why would he want to go? He's on a million plus a year, were top of the league, and Southampton could easily go down.

Arrogant rot and laughable at this stage - amazing how carried away some are getting with Pearson.

I remember we were top of the prem under Peter Taylor at this time almost 12 years ago to the day. He got manager of the month and we went on to lose our last final 9 games from 10 and the rest was history as they say.

PT did spend big, this is the old divsion one and NP does things differently but form is everything with the playoff system. They favour the sides who hit form at the back end of the season when the high flyers bottle it under pressure and the underdogs have nothing to fear.

Judge NP's prem potential in January, or better still next May but not now. If we maintain 2 pts per game consistently we'll go up, but consistency is rare in this league.

Arrogant rot and laughable at this stage - amazing how carried away some are getting with Pearson.

I remember we were top of the prem under Peter Taylor at this time almost 12 years ago to the day. He got manager of the month and we went on to lose our last final 9 games from 10 and the rest was history as they say.

PT did spend big, this is the old divsion one and NP does things differently but form is everything with the playoff system. They favour the sides who hit form at the back end of the season when the high flyers bottle it under pressure and the underdogs have nothing to fear.

Judge NP's prem potential in January, or better still next May but not now. If we maintain 2 pts per game consistently we'll go up, but consistency is rare in this league.

You're assuming people are judging Pearson's 'prem potential' on the start to this season, instead of his consistently good performances as a manger at Leicester and Hull compared to the expectations of the clubs.

Archived