Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
chili_con_carne

Anyone else worried a prem team might come in for Pearson?

I was thinking his old club Southampton if they sacked adkins. He kept them in the championship when we went down, could he be given another chance but in the prem? I worry about it but then on the other hand why would he want to go? He's on a million plus a year, were top of the league, and Southampton could easily go down.

No.

I think he is committed to this job, although what the owners nearly did to him a few weeks back might play a part in that.

On a practical level he does not have the experience to get a Premier League job just like that, Manager's like Redknapp... Curbishley are high up the pecking order.

If we get Adkins I wouldn't mind too much!! That's no disrespect to Pearson but I think he's one of the best managers in the country and it's insane if Southampton don't give him more time.

Don't think Nigel would go again without a solid offer from a stable club though. He's a patient builder as a manager and he's well payed at HIS club with his best chance yet at promotion.

He strikes me as a rational, pragmatic sort, moving to a struggling premiership team - likely to come down - just so he can say he's managed at that level doesn't seem like his MO.

At te very least he'll want to see this season out with his players. He's got a good group who he "likes working with" and it forms a bond. Come the end of the season he'll see what's been achieved and evaluate his situation.

There's no doubt he'd be an attractive proposition for a Premiership side - for a multitude of reasons.

But the potential of our own club is considerable given the kind of owners we have now.

And if you really want to become a managerial legend you have to spend some time in a place.

If we get Adkins I wouldn't mind too much!! That's no disrespect to Pearson but I think he's one of the best managers in the country and it's insane if Southampton don't give him more time.

Don't think Nigel would go again without a solid offer from a stable club though. He's a patient builder as a manager and he's well payed at HIS club with his best chance yet at promotion.

He strikes me as a rational, pragmatic sort, moving to a struggling premiership team - likely to come down - just so he can say he's managed at that level doesn't seem like his MO.

This.

There's no way he'd go to Southampton, he kept them up and they still didn't offer him the job. Why would he take it now if it becomes available? He's very well paid here, he's got a good team and a great chance of promotion. I can't see him jumping ship at all. He's more likely to be sacked if we're struggling in the premiership

Would Pearson go back to Southampton? You're having a laugh, right? They screwed him over big time, hence why he came here in the first place.

That said, Mandaric was just as guilty with the Sousa/takeover saga. Still, I couldn't see Pearson possibly want to trade a team looking a good bet for promotion, with (I hope) the cash reserves to challenge for a stay in the Premier League, with one of many struggling Premiership sides with ageing squads that, at present, we could probably beat comfortably.

Unless the Liverpool job comes along - that famous poisoned chalice. A shadow of their former selves, the death knell of managerial careers, the sirens calling naive managers in with their "historee." They're fast becoming a laughing stock and destroying managerial careers in the process, and I wouldn't rule out Pearson being a target if Rodgers gets the boot.

Worried? No!

Pearson has been rubbish, he only got us promoted at the first time of asking, unlike Forest & Leeds etc... Then he only got us in the playoffs... and then, recently, after the summer everyone said he needed, he's only took us to the top of the league!

Pearson out!!!

No simply because he comes across as a straight moral type of man. Something our owners clearly are not , I don't care what people say the did sound out Redknapp behind his back. And I imagine he is no fool and knows that. So if he did uproot and go somewhere else who could blame him ?

I was thinking his old club Southampton if they sacked adkins. He kept them in the championship when we went down, could he be given another chance but in the prem? I worry about it but then on the other hand why would he want to go? He's on a million plus a year, were top of the league, and Southampton could easily go down.

They wouldn't want him. They'd be straight on the phone to Harry Redknapp.

They wouldn't want him. They'd be straight on the phone to Harry Redknapp.

Even though Redknapp's already taken them down once? :rolleyes:

Southampton gave Adkins a shedload to spend on new players, and should let them have time to gel before judging whether he is capable of managing in the top flight.

Even if they do decide he isn't the man to keep them up, I can't see why Pearson, with very limited experience of Premier management, would be in the frame to replace him.

I think Pearson is completely committed here, maybe if he was offered silly money but even then I think his aim is to get us promoted - however long it takes - and keep us in a good position. The young signings he makes, what he achieved in his first stint and the fact he came back, I'm not worried. Gotta love Pearson

Archived