Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Interesting news topics.

You make a good enough point Rincey, but as one who flies the red flag in both hands, I don't think accusing people of being one-sided is necessarily the best way to make it! :D .    

I posted a story about a woman that became homeless and came through the other side. The response was that it was political propaganda. I could not see how it was or what politics had to do with it. It was a social story showing that if a person becomes homeless there is hope. Maybe the last paragraph came out wrong but anytime I post similar story there is bound to be a response saying 'their own fault' 'tramps' 'druggies' etc. and it is boring and repetitive. A little research will show it is not always the case. The link in my sig is one source.

Undercover police officers will be prosecuted if they enter into a sexuality relationship with a target, "even if they believed it was necessary in a life and death situation".

In other words it would be preferable that the male police officer is killed as long as the woman is protected from her own choice to have sex with him. Bonkers.

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-34875197

Edited by MooseBreath

I posted a story about a woman that became homeless and came through the other side. The response was that it was political propaganda. I could not see how it was or what politics had to do with it. It was a social story showing that if a person becomes homeless there is hope. Maybe the last paragraph came out wrong but anytime I post similar story there is bound to be a response saying 'their own fault' 'tramps' 'druggies' etc. and it is boring and repetitive. A little research will show it is not always the case. The link in my sig is one source.

I'm not sure there's bound to be any particular response. Homelessness is often caused by people's weak will, stupidity, bad choices, inadequacy in themselves or their partners, addictions, desperation, bad advice, temptation, unsociability, mental or physical illness, indebtedness to moneylenders and countless other things and whatever the reasons I'd think a lot of us would say "there but for fortune go the rest of us" and are quite often sympathetic to a point.

But because you might highlight a case of homelessness that is just down to misfortune doesn't negate all the other sometimes self-inflicted reasons or the fact that so many of your posts are either directly or indirectly aimed at criticising the Conservatives while almost completely ignoring the demonstrative failings of Labour.

And, while even that's fair enough if it reflects your beliefs, it sure isn't fair to criticise others for being one-sided. 

• Like 1

All parties are to blame in a way but Conservatives are in power and many organisations have stats to show there has  been a rise  in homelessness. True it can be any of the above you mention or a combination of events one leading to another. The root cause is often overlooked. which usually has nothing to do with politics.

Edited by Rincewind

Can't link it but there's a story on the BBC website about a bloke who counts snow patches in Scotland and he reckons this year there are more remaining snow patches than at any point in the last 20 years.

Yet we'll still get climate scientists telling us we're having the warmest year ever based on "assumed" data points. Hmmm.

Can't link it but there's a story on the BBC website about a bloke who counts snow patches in Scotland and he reckons this year there are more remaining snow patches than at any point in the last 20 years.

Yet we'll still get climate scientists telling us we're having the warmest year ever based on "assumed" data points. Hmmm.

We've had this discussion before. We know that global atmospheric CO2 is climbing at a rate of knots. We know that's going to cause change of some kind. What everyone disagrees on and what no one can prove is the nature of the change. But burying our head in the sand isn't going to stop the change - whatever it may be - from occurring.

We've had this discussion before. We know that global atmospheric CO2 is climbing at a rate of knots. We know that's going to cause change of some kind. What everyone disagrees on and what no one can prove is the nature of the change. But burying our head in the sand isn't going to stop the change - whatever it may be - from occurring.

Wanting climate scientists to stop manipulating data to suit themselves is hardly burying my head in the sand.

Wanting vested interests in various political think tanks and the media to stop manipulating raw data given by apolitical scientists to suit themselves is hardly burying my head in the sand.

FYP.  ;)

The scientists do the reporting and gather the results. Everyone else then panics about what the result might mean. You know how much of a political hot potato this is and so there is pressure from all sides. It's gotten to the point where thanks to hardliners on both sides a debate about the actual figures is impossible because of the varying interpretation - so much money and political will being carried on a maybe is always trouble, ask the economists.

In any case, as I said the one thing that is without question is that global atmopsheric CO2 levels are rising. Is that a good thing or a bad thing? Evidently more needs to be done to find out. As it happens, in the time of the dinosaurs atmospheric CO2 was about five times what it is today and life flourished, so who knows?

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/muslims-birmingham-told-vote-labour-10417695

This is quite interesting, newttactics being employed by Labour in Birmingham.

"Vote Labour or go to hell"

Personally I'd still choose the latter if it was true.

Says it all about the Labour Party and so many of the people who vote for it.      

An opinion piece rather than a news story. Sums up my feeling about a lotof thing I read on here;(it's not just about the Daily Mail)

Hating the Daily Mail is a substitute for doing good Want to be virtuous? Saying the right things violently on Twitter is much easier than real kindness

http://new.spectator.co.uk/2015/04/hating-the-daily-mail-is-a-substitute-for-doing-good/

Edited by Webbo

'World's biggest' drug kingpin El Chapo 'declares war' on ISIS - but is it what it seems?

• 16:53, 10 DEC 2015
  • UPDATED  11:54, 11 DEC 2015
  • BY GEMMA MULLIN
An alleged encrypted email from Joaquín “El Chapo” Guzmán to ISIS leader Abu Bakr Al Baghdadi was reportedly leaked online
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  • SHARES
  •  
  •  
  •  
  • 45COMMENTS
Subscribe

GettyJoaquin-Guzman-Loera-escape.jpg
Threat: Mexican drug trafficker Joaquin "El Chapo" Guzman, pictured here with a moustache and full head of hair, allegedly emailed a threatening message to the Islamic State

One of the world's most wanted drug lords has reportedly 'declared war' on the Islamic State in a threatening letter.

Reports claim Joaquín “El Chapo” Guzmán sent an encrypted email to the ISISleader Abu Bakr Al Baghdadi after one of his cartel's shipments was destroyed.

His letter, which was published on cartelblog.com, claims his men will "destroy" the terror group if they continue to 'impact on their operation'.

But it was later claimed the email was a hoax, first set up by blogging website ThugLifeVideos.

On their website, the Mexican drug baron, who runs the notorious Sinaloa cartel, supposedly told Al Baghdadi that his organisation are 'not soldiers' but 'lowly p*****s'.

Somebody pass the popcorn ( if its real!) lol

Edited by MPH

An online forum used by female Muslim extremists to recruit others to their cause with pictures of a 9/11 Osama Bin Laden cake and glitter-covered birthday cards sent to notorious jihadi supporters of terror has been uncovered.
The Free Our Sisters network across several social media platforms are a hotbed for extremism, filled with propaganda posters and homemade letters decorated in love hearts and glitter for jailed Muslim prisoners involving in terror cases.
One disturbing image shows the homemade cake with a large toy plane crashed into the chocolate coated icing with a carefully decorated stencil of Bin Laden on the other side of the dessert.

2F55A40100000578-3358106-One_disturbing_

No that interesting but I wanted to get that picture of the cake in. amazing.
Edited by Webbo

That's great work to be honest. At least it's a bit more original than those fvcking 'Magically Organic Cupcakes by Izabella' type facebook pages that spring up everywhere.