Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ilkeston_Fox

Watford Post Match 2-1 Loss

The kind of game you need to win if you're serious about automatic promotion. The kind of game you need to at least draw if you're serious about play offs.

Another game where Waghorn doesn't score. Bringing him on is becoming self defeating.

Knocky has lost his mojo. Maybe he is more Ryan Smith than Ryan Giggs afterall.

Thank fula we have Nugent because without him we would be soundly within the bottom half.

Disappointing.

A lot of areas for us to improve on, which is a great opportunity seeing as we're 4th and a paltry amount of points off the top.

Dyer needs to be in the team for me.

Worst thing about a defeat, isn't the defeat itself... it's that all the idiots come on to FoxesTalk... they'd almost disappeared after 12 good-to-great performances, but 2 weak ones and all of a sudden everything they've ever thought of seems validated.

Worst thing about the internet is that it gives everyone a voice, even arseholes.

See you on tuesday

Just to add, Whitbread isn't/can't be used as a scapegoat. We weren't good enough, end of. I'm no Whitbread fan but he isn't the reason why we got nothing out of this game.

The formation didn't work, Watford did their homework and did a professional job. ]

Vicarage Road is a crap hunting ground for City, and so it continues.

Disappointing to not bounce back against a struggling side but results like this will happen. Glad Nuge back on the scoresheet but others need to chip in to help him (& King) out. Fingers crossed we can get back to winning ways against Bolton.

Frustrating.

Even more frustrating some people are looking at the referee and pointing the finger (again) because he didn't give us according to Stringer about 5 penalties. Now I didn't see them so can't comment much but 5 penalty calls? Really? How come every time we lose we look at the referee? How come every time we lose we should have had X amount of penalties? How come every time we lose the referee comes into question? If it wasn't for referee's are these people really saying we'd never lose? Look at the bigger picture, we were awful last week, it sounded like for the most part of the game we were awful today.

Frustrating, we need to bounce back and it'll be a big struggle against Bolton I fear.

Positives were that Futacs was finally given his chance and he didn't sound too bad.

For the 3rd time, it's frustrating, move on and we really must push on and bounce back against Bolton, else we'll be undoing all our good work very quickly.

Despite the team! The game went exactly as I thought it would. We couldn't cope with their early energy and pressure, conceded two then, as usual away from home, we had to play catch up.

Scoreline... As I predicted.

Where do we go from here?

Away from home we need more strength and energy in the midfield.

IMO.

Panic, it's the only solution. Forget how well we had been playing, forget being top two games ago. We must replace the manager and the players immediately!!

:yawn:

We lost today but im not sure why we should be surprised. We've not played well for 4 games now its not like its come out of nowhere!

We were only OK against Brum and scraped a draw. We beat Brighton but I still dont know how as we were second best for all of it apart from the first 20 minutes. We were soundly beaten by Palace and today again, easily beaten by Watford.

Its been coming

Sounded as if we were outclassed first half.

If Knockaert was anything like he was against Palace he probably thought he was Messi and tried to do everything on his own and kept getting dispossessed, so he can't complain if he was hauled off.

I'm not convinced about our defenders or our strike force, I think some additions are necessary.

I wish people would calm down though, we've had a kick up the arse, and I expect us to respond. If you ask me, we've needed it, in the recent games I've seen we've looked complacent.

Fancy us to get a result at Bolton.

The formation change didn't work, what happened to Drinky, did he have a stinker? Or was he injured, surprised he went off instead of James, although from what I heard on the radio James had a decent match.

Line-up for Bolton

Kasper

RDL Moore Morgan Konch

Knocky Drinky King Dyer

Nugent Vardy

2-0 to us, season back on track.

If Vardy isn't back, I would go with Waghorn or Schlupp up top.

Keep it simple back to 442, get back to what we know.

There are some morons on the radio again, I think I am going to have to switch it off.

Archived