Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ilkeston_Fox

Watford Post Match 2-1 Loss

Obviously the wrong formation from the start (yes I was there). That lost us the game. Second half was better but now we see what the team is made of, we're still a good side.

King and Knocky did ok in the first half, Waghorn looked lively when he came on, but we didn't really deserve anything. Thought the ref was dreadful.

Have we been found out? Sounds like they were closing us down quickly not giving us any time on the ball, exactly like Palace.

Rather this is what we were doing to other teams, we pressed, kept a high line... passed with purpose, players were making space by working hard

Vardy being missing means we're missing a hell of a lot of work upfront that allows the midfield & widemen to interact better.

For me Marshall just floats balls in, Dyer is more of a threat.

Concerned at how easily Knocky loses shape

Whitbread isn't at the races for us either, Morgan & SSL were looking good & we missed RDL's attacking presence today.

RDL back on Tues with Moore in the middle should help.

We shouldn't be floating balls in to the box on tues, Mills will have an easy game otherwise, we need to run at him, so Dyer is a must!

But we need to get back to working hard for each other, pressing the opposition, defend from the front which means Vardy - just like we did in our 1 defeat in 8 run

I dont like this "given 4th after 14 games rubbish"

The fact is, we were top a few weeks ago (even though we hadnt played well over the Brum and Brighton game to get there) and our performances since then have carried on in that they have been mostly crap! We've all seen that we havent played well since the international break but nothing has changed.

So why should the fans be happy with 4th after 14th when things looked even better last month?

If were down to 6th on Tuesday will it become "If we were offered 6th after 15 games, we'd have took it"?

The fact is, we are on a downward spiral in terms of performances recently and something does need to change

We were terrible.

Not sure we should have had any penalties, god knows what Stringer was supposedly on about.

Futacs was especially pathetic. A downgrade on a 35 year old Howard.

Panic, it's the only solution. Forget how well we had been playing, forget being top two games ago. We must replace the manager and the players immediately!!

There are some fools on here who think otherwise but... and maybe I'm misreading your sentiment... this would still be a rather good time to face up to the possibility that there are some holes in this Leicester side, rather than sweeping back-to-back defeats under the carpet.

I have been a big NP fan and backed him fully but today was a pitiful performance and we were lucky to score. So clueless it was embarrassing. Didn't even look up for it in first half.

Whitbread was poor and his passing was woeful. Can't say im disappointed he can't play Tuesday.

Pearsons tactics were extremely poor. Nugent on his own just doesn't work and although he tried hard his goal didn't come till 442 was played.

People booed when Knockaert went off and i can't say i blame them. Why did NP do that? Was the only one threatening to do something.

Too much to rant about so I'll stop but that game was like watching us last season. Piss poor

What team would you have chosen? What subs would you have made? Tried a new formation to counteract Watford's strengths and our injuries, didn't work, changed it at half time, still didn't work, but improved, threw on 2 strikers towards the end to try and get a goal.

Some days these things just don't come off.

It is not the end of days, just a bad day at the office, we will be back stronger on Tuesday, RDL back, hopefully Vardy will be back, I don't understand this panic.

Well I wouldnt go isolate a player up top who has said he cant play up front on his own. I dont see why Dyer got dropped for James, people have a go at Dyer but he creates space and brings others into the game.

Why did DD go off, he wasnt great but better than James, why take both Knocky and Marshall off and resort to hoofball due to a lack of creativity. Its all very well saying we did it due to players out but whos fault is it that we lack any real depth unlike teams like Cardiff?

Its 2 pretty awful off days in a row, add to that a crap performance against Brighton, theres nothing to indicate we will bounce back against a team that may have the honeymoon effect due to a new manager. And now we might have a bit of a fall out with Knocky and NP if Manish is to be believed.

NP needs to sort it out, international break looks to have done us

I am not overly concerned if we were in Bolton's position who were a team fancied for promotion with the players in their squad than fair enough questions have to be answered.

What I will say though is we have work to do, being in the top 4 come the end of Christmas is crucial than we add that quality in the January market to push on and finish in the automatic promotion places come the end of the season.

Didnt agree with changing formation today. We needed to get a defender in the summer to strengthen the squad which we havent done and its come back to bite us in the arse imo. The strikers seem to be having a rough patch in terms of actually finishing. However do not get fans calling for managers head, fickle twats, 4th in the league and as it stands 3 points of top, some people still wouldnt be happy if we had won all our games so far

There are some fools on here who think otherwise but... and maybe I'm misreading your sentiment... this would still be a rather good time to face up to the possibility that there are some holes in this Leicester side, rather than sweeping back-to-back defeats under the carpet.

:thumbup:

Who's panicking?

There are just areas that need improvement.

Didnt agree with changing formation today. We needed to get a defender in the summer to strengthen the squad which we havent done and its come back to bite us in the arse imo. The strikers seem to be having a rough patch in terms of actually finishing. However do not get fans calling for managers head, fickle twats, 4th in the league and as it stands 3 points of top, some people still wouldnt be happy if we had won all our games so far

We bought Whitbread and De Laet!

Archived