Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ilkeston_Fox

Watford Post Match 2-1 Loss

What we have learnt: waghorn is still a useful player. Whitbread is Mills. He was awful all game, sending him off helped us. Knocky needs to cut out the diving... Embarassing attempt and I had a great views as I had to sit in the home end. Moore has an awful lot to learn, very shaky display. Morgan could play in a one man defence and I'd still have confidence in him. Kasper might be a super hero. King is on fire. Nigel based his subs on the formation. Imo he took our 3 best players off. If we are one down I'd like a bit more common sence. Futacs was good today. MOTM first half for me has to be King, very nice from him amongst a poor team today. Second half MOTM waghorn, can anyone think of a thing he did wrong?

If we kept him on, he'd have been sent off aswell.

Bollocks.

I've been to the game, and he was in absolutely no danger whatsoever of being sent off. He'd not even been booked!

I dont like this "given 4th after 14 games rubbish"

The fact is, we were top a few weeks ago (even though we hadnt played well over the Brum and Brighton game to get there) and our performances since then have carried on in that they have been mostly crap! We've all seen that we havent played well since the international break but nothing has changed.

So why should the fans be happy with 4th after 14th when things looked even better last month?

If were down to 6th on Tuesday will it become "If we were offered 6th after 15 games, we'd have took it"?

The fact is, we are on a downward spiral in terms of performances recently and something does need to change

And when we get promoted will you still complain unless we are winning EVERY game and top of the Prem and Euro champs.

You're avatar suits you.

Well I wouldnt go isolate a player up top who has said he cant play up front on his own. I dont see why Dyer got dropped for James, people have a go at Dyer but he creates space and brings others into the game.

Why did DD go off, he wasnt great but better than James, why take both Knocky and Marshall off and resort to hoofball due to a lack of creativity. Its all very well saying we did it due to players out but whos fault is it that we lack any real depth unlike teams like Cardiff?

Its 2 pretty awful off days in a row, add to that a crap performance against Brighton, theres nothing to indicate we will bounce back against a team that may have the honeymoon effect due to a new manager. And now we might have a bit of a fall out with Knocky and NP if Manish is to be believed.

NP needs to sort it out, international break looks to have done us

Your saying what you wouldn't do, but not what you would do.

When I saw the team, it was clear that King, Knocky and Marshall would need to support Nuge, they didn't, possibly because they had 3 at the back, or because they were dragged out wide or pushed back as Watford took the initiative. But the starting line up looked good to me.

If we were having the wide forwards supporting Nuge you would prefer Knocky and Marshall to Dyer, Dyer is your touchline hugger, rather than a wide forward, so I undersatnd that decision.

Our passing game wasn't working, we were running out of time, Marshall wasn't effective and Knocky was getting stroppy with the ref and not really working as Nuge's partner, why not throw 2 forwards on, see if we can create anything, plan B.

It is easy to criticise in hindsight, it didn't work we didn't play well, but I am not going to criticise inflexible Nigel 44 fooking 2 for trying something different, if he had started with the same side that played against Brighton, Waggy in for Vardy, and obviously Moore in for the suspended RDL, and we lost he would have got just as badly criticised.

As for the small squad, I want us to have a small squad, I want young players like Waghorn, Futacs, James, Moore, Schlupp, Marshall to all be involved and develop and not be denied opportunities by mercenaries like Bednar/Ball/Johnson/Kamara/Fernandes or young pups who are just here for the experience and don't want to be a true blue.

It will leave us stretched at times, but it will be beneficial in the long run.

As for the Knocky incident, I wouldn't worry about it, NP can handle egos and strops, he can handle players being frustrated at not starting or getting subbed, as long as they work hard to get back in the team, remember Beckford and the argument at Peterborough, he started the next game, he won't tolerate laziness. Knocky is many things but he is not lazy and he will be in the squad for Tuesday.

And when we get promoted will you still complain unless we are winning EVERY game and top of the Prem and Euro champs.

You're avatar suits you.

I hope Pearson isn't so casual in his response to our distinctly below-average past three performances. In fact, I'm sure he won't be and will look forward to his post match comments. I was a little worried by his cheeriness last week.

Panic, it's the only solution. Forget how well we had been playing, forget being top two games ago. We must replace the manager and the players immediately!!

No, your right, no need to panic, but we do have a lightweight midfield, when we play against bigger more physical midfields.

We have needed a strong midfielder who is happy to roll his sleeves up and mix it, for a number of years, and we`ve never really addressed it.

Our midfielders are decent footballers, but they are pretty much all the same type of midfielder.

Basically we need a nasty bastard in there!

No, your right, no need to panic, but we do have a light weight midfield, when we play against bigger more physical midfields.

We have needed a strong midfielder who is happy to roll his sleeves up mix it, for a number of years, and we`ve never really addressed it.

Our midfielders are decent footballers, but they are pretty much all the same type of midfielder.

Michael Brown :ph34r:

Three things worry me.

Knocky, a couple of weeks ago was sensational, now it seems that the opposition have done their homework on him.

I still think we are too small and fragile away from home.

Defensively we are still conceding too many away.

No need for knee jerk stuff. We are still fourth. But we can improve.

No, your right, no need to panic, but we do have a lightweight midfield, when we play against bigger more physical midfields.

We have needed a strong midfielder who is happy to roll his sleeves up and mix it, for a number of years, and we`ve never really addressed it.

It may be lightweight but it has dominated a lot of more physical midfields this season, the risk is upsetting that balance to try and be more physical, today we had more men in midfield but we lost balance and shape.

King and Drinkwater will be good enough in 80% of games, if they can get their rhythm and passing going and dictate the play we dominate, but in some games they will get pushed off the ball and when that happens we will struggle, but you can't always find a winning formula for every game.

Pearson got it wrong for me today. Substitutions were strange and the players didn't seem up for it at all. Whitbread is a calamity and I'm surprised his red card hasn't come sooner.

Nuge had to do everything on his own, wasn't getting support until the 35th minute. I don't know why we kept lumping it up to him when we had 3 central midfielders. Feel sorry for Big Wes. Seems like he's doing everything on his own. We are badly missing SSL in my eyes. Since Whitbread has came in we've looked so shaky.

Watford were there for the taking but it took us going 2-0 down do us to really start playing.

Archived