Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ilkeston_Fox

Watford Post Match 2-1 Loss

The formation didn't work in the first part of the game.

Ben Marshall and Knocky shouldn't be playing together to start a game as they haven't got the defensive noose we need. It's one or the other. Nuge and Vardy was a nice little partnership that hopefully we can get back to soon, until then we need Schlupp/Waghorn/futacs/ another striker up front working with him. Not Knocky who needs to be in behind the front two.

The midfield had no control of the game today - I'll put that down to the formation but I'm not convinced that James is the man we need in midfield still maybe knocky, King, Drinky and dyer as a 4 would have been fine.

defensively (and going forward from the back) we missed De Laet. I'd put moore in the middle with Morgan when De Laet comes back on tuesday.

This league is really competitive hardly much difference between any of the top 6, in terms of quality.

We are 4th if we could just add another goalscorer to our ranks and perhaps a bit more defensive cover, I am fairly confident we would finish in the top 2 come the end of the season we have done well so far but this blip is probably down to lack of strength in depth.

Clueless team selection, woeful substitutions, 2nd best throughout, never got going and probably should have been more.

Been mid table at best last few games, lack squad depth and seem to have lost our energy, passing game and flair.

Not looking great at the moment, need another run or something to get going

The formation change didn't work, what happened to Drinky, did he have a stinker? Or was he injured, surprised he went off instead of James, although from what I heard on the radio James had a decent match.

Line-up for Bolton

Kasper

RDL Moore Morgan Konch

Knocky Drinky King Dyer

Nugent Vardy

2-0 to us, season back on track.

If Vardy isn't back, I would go with Waghorn or Schlupp up top.

Keep it simple back to 442, get back to what we know.

There are some morons on the radio again, I think I am going to have to switch it off.

The formation didn't work in the first part of the game.

Ben Marshall and Knocky shouldn't be playing together to start a game as they haven't got the defensive noose we need. It's one or the other. Nuge and Vardy was a nice little partnership that hopefully we can get back to soon, until then we need Schlupp/Waghorn/futacs/ another striker up front working with him. Not Knocky who needs to be in behind the front two.

The midfield had no control of the game today - I'll put that down to the formation but I'm not convinced that James is the man we need in midfield still maybe knocky, King, Drinky and dyer as a 4 would have been fine.

defensively (and going forward from the back) we missed De Laet. I'd put moore in the middle with Morgan when De Laet comes back on tuesday.

:kissing:

He was at the game, and sounds to me like he is describing a typical away game under Pearson.

But how dare he critise the manager?

So you agree with him?

Every player and the manager should be sacked? You concur?

Clueless team selection, woeful substitutions, 2nd best throughout, never got going and probably should have been more.

Been mid table at best last few games, lack squad depth and seem to have lost our energy, passing game and flair.

Not looking great at the moment, need another run or something to get going

What team would you have chosen? What subs would you have made? Tried a new formation to counteract Watford's strengths and our injuries, didn't work, changed it at half time, still didn't work, but improved, threw on 2 strikers towards the end to try and get a goal.

Some days these things just don't come off.

It is not the end of days, just a bad day at the office, we will be back stronger on Tuesday, RDL back, hopefully Vardy will be back, I don't understand this panic.

Disappointing.

A lot of areas for us to improve on, which is a great opportunity seeing as we're 4th and a paltry amount of points off the top.

Dyer needs to be in the team for me.

Worst thing about a defeat, isn't the defeat itself... it's that all the idiots come on to FoxesTalk... they'd almost disappeared after 12 good-to-great performances, but 2 weak ones and all of a sudden everything they've ever thought of seems validated.

Worst thing about the internet is that it gives everyone a voice, even arseholes.

See you on tuesday

Amen

So you agree with him?

Every player and the manager should be sacked? You concur?

My thoughts on the manager are well known but I'm willing to give him a few more months to see if he can stop the rot and strengthen the side, given the promising start to the season. He's a stubborn git though so I have my doubts.

Hindsight is an amazing thing!

When I was on here 3 hours ago the starting XI was the best thing since sliced bread. Now it was apparently a blindingly obvious poor selection. Hmmm.

The formation looked promising, but you can't play those 3 in midfield they are too alike, and yes I said that at the time.

Archived