Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcsnow

Pearson on Beagrie

To be honest, I think this is an accumulation of recent games.

Watford, Palace and Bolton have all had their incidents, some more blatant than others, and today was the icing on the cake. I think it took a lot for him to bite his lip after the Palace game, one step too far now.

It's not like he comes out every game we lose like some. He took the Palace defeat very graciously despite the handball on the line.

Holloway should still have shook Pearsons hand after the match. And also Pearson hasn't come on saying Billy Sharp is a cheating cnut, simply that it wasn't a penalty.

Different situations though. Vardy was driving into the box looking for the penalty but the Blackpool player got the ball first before Vardy went down, so I can see why he said Vardy dived.

Whitbread although got the ball also went through the player as well from behind and took the player out Sharpe had no part in it at all.

Best interview ever, and from someone so 'uncharismatic'.

People like yourself and c_star do yourselves no favours by being so appallingly and incorrectly smug at times.

It is a good interview, it's a fantastic example of the side of Pearson I like.

But he is immensely uncharismatic and he proves it here. He's not exactly a charmer, is he? He's terse, flat, firm and straightforward - they're not attributes people usually associate with charisma.

People like yourself and c_star do yourselves no favours by being so appallingly and incorrectly smug at times.

It is a good interview, it's a fantastic example of the side of Pearson I like.

But he is immensely uncharismatic and he proves it here. He's not exactly a charmer, is he? He's terse, flat, firm and straightforward - they're not attributes people usually associate with charisma.

You're probably right, but to be honest I really don't care how charismatic he comes across. I don't think I was being all that smug, I was legitimately pointing out that whilst people slate him for being dull that was one of the more entertaining starts to an interview I've heard from most managers this season. Maybe uncharismatic wasn't the right word, but it wasn't exactly boring. In fact most of his interviews aren't despite what a lot of fans will have you believe.

He's only really entertaining when he's being pissy, isn't he really?

Don't get me wrong - I don't give a flying **** how entertaining a manager is, it's entirely irrelevant. The players are there to entertain, he's just there to organize.

So it's a completely pointless criticism to call him boring but he's hardly Gordon Strachan.

Archived