Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
chrishlcfc

Nugent Injury

He had a very good game against us which is where people seem to form the opinion that he is an amazing striker.

Portsmouth fans didn't actually rate Futacs very much at all either and from some brief cameos i've seen of him i can't see any reason why he'd help us, he's 6 foot 5 and can barely win anything in the air for crying out loud.

Oh i dont think he is an amazing striker... i just think he can do a job that no one else can do... i think that having not won for 4 games... and playing a striker who hasnt scored in those games that perhaps he deserves a chance... especially if Nugent is now going to be out injured too...I just think that he's an option, and that now is the time to use that option. :thumbup:

But its taken several games for waghorn to start finding form... Yet he hasnt scored i dont think...

But you put a big man on to win headers and he hardly won any. I don't expect him to score many, but at 6'5" I expect him to win the majority of balls in the air, yet at Watford, that just wasn't the case.

But you put a big man on to win headers and he hardly won any. I don't expect him to score many, but at 6'5" I expect him to win the majority of balls in the air, yet at Watford, that just wasn't the case.

tall and an arial threat... or short and stocky to chase,close down, ect... what ever your strong point is you need game time to get up to speed... Waghorn has been given it and its shown the benefit... Perhaps Futacs needs the same?

tall and an arial threat... or short and stocky to chase,close down, ect... what ever your strong point is you need game time to get up to speed... Waghorn has been given it and its shown the benefit... Perhaps Futacs needs the same?

I agree to a certain extent, but at Watford he just didn't look mobile and failed to get any elevation into his jumping. He was like a poor man's Nicklas Bendtner

Ian Stringer â€@StringerSport

#lcfc boss Nigel Pearson's just told me David Nugent will be missing for the next couple of games with his neck injury. More at 6pm 104.9fm

Not good! :nono:

Oh god :(

It will be good I guess to see if and how we cope without him...

Even though I know it will be vardy replacing him, I'd rather Futacs partner waggy up front to offer a new dimension.

I think there's enough quality in this side to deal with the absence of one player, even if he is our leading scorer. We should have enough in the tank to get at least 6 points from the next three games, even without Nugent.

Although I do agree about the quality in the side, it's just disappointing that we have a player who is hitting form, after a slow start I suppose, get injured and it may nock the momentum he has gained.

This is annoying as Nugent is in great form and although he's only scored once away from home this season, he's the only striker we've been able to rely upon. However, Waghorn is getting better and Vardy now has a couple of starts ahead of him to get amongst it again.

Does the loan window shut tonight? I wonder if we'll have a look at a striker for a month?

This is annoying as Nugent is in great form and although he's only scored once away from home this season, he's the only striker we've been able to rely upon. However, Waghorn is getting better and Vardy now has a couple of starts ahead of him to get amongst it again.

Does the loan window shut tonight? I wonder if we'll have a look at a striker for a month?

It closes today at 5pm.

It closes today at 5pm.

I'd be looking to bring someone in. Lingaard is not a striker, Schlupp is currently deployed as a left back so that only leaves Waghorn, Vardy and Futacs. It might be enough but why take the risk when we're in the top 6 in a tightly packed league.

Archived