Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dayday

Officials behind both goals

Has to happen for me,2 blatant handballs in our last 2 home games,which the linesman and ref did not see...either were stop the game like rugby or get an official behind the goal,its getting ridiculous now every week something happens in football matches and something should be done..

It would be nice, though I think it wouldn't be 100%. Certainly an improvement. Add linesman both sides of each half and goal-line technology and were there!

Edit: this should be in general football though.

disagree with the linesmen on each side of each half. you'd get alot of offsides that some would and some wouldn,t flag and that would cause even more cotroversy

disagree with the linesmen on each side of each half. you'd get alot of offsides that some would and some wouldn,t flag and that would cause even more cotroversy

Make it that both linesmen have to flag for it to be offiside. Think you'd see a fair few more goals this way.

Has to happen for me,2 blatant handballs in our last 2 home games,which the linesman and ref did not see...either were stop the game like rugby or get an official behind the goal,its getting ridiculous now every week something happens in football matches and something should be done..

Balotelli didn't get a pen on Weds with an official on level with goal line

Make it that both linesmen have to flag for it to be offiside. Think you'd see a fair few more goals this way.

Then we could have post match interviews with those linesmen, what a pantomime that would be....

On no it wasn't, oh yes it was, oh no it wasn't, Oh ye.........

I sit in the West Stand near the corner line,i did not have a clear view of the palace handball...yet the linesman on the east side would have as it was on his side,yet yesterday the handball was my side and everybody around me were screaming handball me included.

The ref is standing behind a forest player so could not give it,same goes for the linesman as he is on the wrong side so he could not,this is happening all the time and the longer it goes on the more the refs jobs are going to get harder..

Just think if we were Man Utd .....Fergie would be doing his nut.

I sit in the West Stand near the corner line,i did not have a clear view of the palace handball...yet the linesman on the east side would have as it was on his side,yet yesterday the handball was my side and everybody around me were screaming handball me included.

The ref is standing behind a forest player so could not give it,same goes for the linesman as he is on the wrong side so he could not,this is happening all the time and the longer it goes on the more the refs jobs are going to get harder..

Just think if we were Man Utd .....Fergie would be doing his nut.

If we were Man U the first would have been a booking for diving and the second would have been given as our penalty

We don't need officials behind both goals- we need one in the middle who knows what he is doing.

But they get paid a lot just to stand there and do nothing. So when FIFA asked them - following the trial - if it was a good idea the referees backed up their colleagues and they all said yes, so they implemented them and now they do nothing but get paid an awful lot for it.

I say we go totalitarian on their asses, have a steady supply of match officials with explosive collars around their necks and give both managers a control device, that will sort the feckers out, or maybe i've been watching to much Futurama.

Extra officials don't and won't help until they clarify the rules and simplify them so that they can be consistently applied, and understood by all involved, likewise appeals, or decision review systems, I honestly have no idea what constitutes a foul at the moment.

Zak Whitbread wins the ball, but he did go to ground, it was from behind and he did take out the man, would I appeal that decision :dunno: you some some refs give them and some not, and you see the same ref in the same game give some and not others. Likewise Zak's other penalty, he raised his hands he made contact there was probably a bit of a shove, but you seem them all the time and usually nothing is given, are players going to appeal for a free kick every time he is pushed slightly? If so every corner will end up in an appeal for a penalty before the ball has even been kicked.

The problem is the penalty of a penalty is too high it changes games, yet refs have no other option, and players can't change their behaviour if one minute it is a foul and the next minute the same tackle isn't.

A video ref. in communication with ref. on the pitch could quickly tell the ref.he's made the wrong call,as with the penalty against us or the ref. could request help when unsighted as with the handball.

This would reduce the chance of refs. looking foolish or incompetent when footage is considered later by pundits.

A video ref. in communication with ref. on the pitch could quickly tell the ref.he's made the wrong call,as with the penalty against us or the ref. could request help when unsighted as with the handball.

This would reduce the chance of refs. looking foolish or incompetent when footage is considered later by pundits.

I agree but it would only solve clear cut decisions, such as if it was over the line or not, but there is so much subjectivity when it comes to fouls and handballs, the penalty on Saturday some people say it was a foul, some people say it clearly wasn't, pundits debate it in the studio and fans do in the pub, if we are going to have video refs and referral decisions we need to clarify the rules and apply them consistently before we can have another set of eyes passing judgement.

the manager should be able to flag the play like in american football and then it gets reviewed by the 4th official, might slow the game down slightly but i would rather be at a game 5mins longer than feel cheated by a poor decision

I agree with that, but at what point would it be too long, 5 minutes, 10 minutes, 30 minutes?

Archived