Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Deucalion

Sunday Mirror wants to hear from Leicester fans...

The likes of Muzzy, Banks, Shilton, Lineker, Guppy etc are great players who have played for the club, the question is cult hero and Walsh is just that. Walsh is the dictionary definition of a cult hero.

Cult heroes are almost never brilliant players; they're always players who have some sort of flaw to their game and/or character, but always give their all in absolutely every game.

Walsh has to be the one. Technically limited and a disastrous disciplinary record, but solid as a rock at the back and scored two huge goals for us in a Wembley play-off final against Derby. As mentioned earlier, he still turns up in Leicester away ends.

The man's an absolute chap. Cult hero without a doubt.

I bumped into Steve Walsh coming out of the lifts last season in the main stand, all I could do was put my hand out to shake his, and i said legend. I was like a big kid and I'm in my 40's! He's my Leicester all time hero.

Hes there every week in the Keith Weller Lounge along with Elliott, Muzzy, Marshall, Mauchlen and Ramsey. Matty Elliott is the most friendly and talkative out of that lot top bloke, the rest are bit clicky and stay with their pals.

Walsh for me though Mr Leicester City even though he is quite arragant.

Tricky Trevor Benjamin was the ultimate cult hero. I remember standing at a league cup game away at Sheffield Wednesday and chanting you've only come to watch Trevor' then he got the winner and started break dancing. Limited ability but loved purely because he tried and we hasn't spent 5 mil on him like akinbadbuy

Old pineapple head, Jamie Lawrence lol, nah, Walsh for cult hero status with Iwan the Welshman and his gap teeth also fondly remembered.

Good shout that, the only ex-player who is still sung about on a regular basis (that was the case a while ago anyway).

Foxes legend......Robert Nisbet Smith. Any old footballer can run around for 90 minutes these days. Now try doing that in a pair of shorts at least 3 sizes too small, getting them on alone called for a level of commitment you just don't see in todays player. I know what some of you are going to say.... Lineker! and it is true he too showed true commitment when it came to the shorts and far play to him, but not even the mighty Lineker would even attempt to go for the Full Perm!, Now we're into proper Legend status..Shorts...Perm and with no thought for his own safety..Moustache! even the great Maradona could only manage two of these heroic feats.

bsmith.jpg

Robert Nisbet Smith

True Legend

For me it has to be Walsh too, if only for his obvious affection for the club which went way beyond professional.

Am I the only one to think that Walsh was a much better player than some people think though? Look at him when he played upfront. He had a great first touch, could run with the ball and beat players. He wasn't just good with his head.

Archived