Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Walshy5

If you cant beat barnsley at home?!

Was it not Barnsley who scored five away at Birmingham earlier this season and also took three points away at Charlton which was something we were not able to acheive.

Their first goal yesterday was conceded through poor defending which is out of character for us and their second was a good goal by anyones standards.

Yesterday was another example that we must not take any opposition for granted and whilst the team was guilty of taking its foot of the gas to allow Barnsley back into the game it was encouraging to see effort from the entire team upto the final whistle.

It is quite obvious that Pearson has installed a very good team ethic in the squad with everyone supporting everyone else - this should also apply to the supporters of the football club in my opinion.

There are going to be blips along the way. Why can't people understand this?

Yes there will.

Too many though and it'll get tough to catch the front runners.

The teams with the fewest 'blips' will get top two.

Make no bones about it, yesterday was two points lost.

Well 21 games in and we have 37 points. We're 5 points off the two a game pace which would see us automatically promoted. If I look only at the games I've watched, we ought to have gained a point at Charlton and Leeds, and beaten Forest, Birmingham and Barnsley. That's eight extra points. My point is we're fifth, and I feel there is a lot more in this team, espcially if we can become slightly more clnical at both ends of the pitch. We need to average 2.2 points per game from here on in. That means 11 points per set of five. So if we take Millwall, Cardiff, Hull, Burnley and Huddersfield, we achieve our mission if we win four and lose one, or win three and draw two.

As others have said, the critical period will be February and March. That's when you want to string four of five wins together. But if we can achieve that 11 point target over the next five games, players and supporters alike can really start to believe that we have every chance of gaining automatic promotion in 2013. Despite the frustrations of yesterday, I feel genuinely optimistic, even though I'm old enough to know better.

Well 21 games in and we have 37 points. We're 5 points off the two a game pace which would see us automatically promoted. If I look only at the games I've watched, we ought to have gained a point at Charlton and Leeds, and beaten Forest, Birmingham and Barnsley. That's eight extra points. My point is we're fifth, and I feel there is a lot more in this team, espcially if we can become slightly more clnical at both ends of the pitch. We need to average 2.2 points per game from here on in. That means 11 points per set of five. So if we take Millwall, Cardiff, Hull, Burnley and Huddersfield, we achieve our mission if we win four and lose one, or win three and draw two.

As others have said, the critical period will be February and March. That's when you want to string four of five wins together. But if we can achieve that 11 point target over the next five games, players and supporters alike can really start to believe that we have every chance of gaining automatic promotion in 2013. Despite the frustrations of yesterday, I feel genuinely optimistic, even though I'm old enough to know better.

37 points from 21 games equates to 1.76 points (3sf) multiply that by 46 = 81 points which is just slightly below an automatic promotion slot, we are close but we need to improve.

Then how the **** do you expect to get promoted!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am pissed but its its a true point none the less

But it's always a sign of a good team to come back a take a point when you're not at your best.

There will always be games like this in every season, Blackburn won at Old Trafford, for example, and were then relegated. I did expect us to beat Barnsley, and fine we didn't. But I didn't expect us to win at Middlesbrough or Huddersfield either.

I guess the guy is entitled to his opinion. You may not agree, but he can have his say.

Kingfox is of the opinion that the OP shouldn't voice his, you've got no right to tell him not to voice that opinion.

I guess the guy is entitled to his opinion. You may not agree, but he can have his say.

Too many knee jerk reactions, way people go on they talk like we have just lost 5-0 to Accrington Stanley.

Of course he is entitled, but these comments are stupid and pointless, too many of them.

While our away record is so poor (only Derby's out of top-half sides is worse), home games like yesterday's are absolute must-wins.

How many slip-ups have Cardiff had at home this season?

Cardiff will fall away simply because they aren't that great a side. Teams will figure them out shortly. They'll be top 6 as they're well organised but deffo not top 2.

Cardiff will fall away simply because they aren't that great a side. Teams will figure them out shortly. They'll be top 6 as they're well organised but deffo not top 2.

For a team that isn't a great side, they are top of this league. Now, either it's luck and leniency from the officials that has got them there or the standard of this league generally is poor.

I think this league, despite people harping on about how competitive it is, has at most five decent sides in it. These teams, us included, can turn it on when given licence to do so. However, where we fall short is when we come up against these hard and physical sides. We don't like it up and at us, fact. We tend to back off, play at the level of the opposition and struggle to impose ourselves on these hard nut teams. They don't even have to be decent sides, Barnsley, Leeds, you name it, they're crap, fact. Yet we struggle to compete against them.

Our season will be largely judged on the outcome of these types of games though IMO. Against better sides, more football is played, rather than the non footballing tactics seen against the majority of teams in this league. It's no wonder we tend to do well against the better sides, football is played the right way rather than trying to spoil the game.

We've got to find a way of competing against these shoddy outfits.

For a team that isn't a great side, they are top of this league. Now, either it's luck and leniency from the officials that has got them there or the standard of this league generally is poor.

I think this league, despite people harping on about how competitive it is, has at most five decent sides in it. These teams, us included, can turn it on when given licence to do so. However, where we fall short is when we come up against these hard and physical sides. We don't like it up and at us, fact. We tend to back off, play at the level of the opposition and struggle to impose ourselves on these hard nut teams. They don't even have to be decent sides, Barnsley, Leeds, you name it, they're crap, fact. Yet we struggle to compete against them.

Our season will be largely judged on the outcome of these types of games though IMO. Against better sides, more football is played, rather than the non footballing tactics seen against the majority of teams in this league. It's no wonder we tend to do well against the better sides, football is played the right way rather than trying to spoil the game.

We've got to find a way of competing against these shoddy outfits.

The physical argument was true of us last year but I dont see it this year. Sheff Wed, Bolton and Middlesborough all tried to muscle us out of the game and we stood up fine. The reason we didnt beat Barnsley wasnt because we were out fought, we just didnt play well. Big difference in my opinion.

I stand by what I say regarding Cardiff. They are well organised but generally speaking, dont have any particular guile or craft. I think we'll beat them convincingly.

Archived