Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bettsj2

Andy King

I agree with you colchester city fan, king and drinkwater are not strong enough in some games and getr bullied off the ball .... the reason that Pearson has not worked this out yet is that he is both too stubborn and tactically ineffective. I hope we do something about this problem in jan but get the feeling that pearson wont change our system ..... to change games when we are losing games to turn things around .

Christ!

Tongue in cheek or not, blaming anyone can **** off.

When the TEAM plays well, we win.

When we play with pace, press high & everyone puts a shift in we win.

When everyone drops off - We don't.

King is awesome, such a great footballer - winning or receiving the ball on the edge of our box then starting our attacks off, only to get forward & support them well too.

Saying that I think James makes good use of the ball too, we've got 3 cracking players. One of the reasons I'd like to see 3 in the middle in tough away games.

Blame the team

I agree with you colchester city fan, king and drinkwater are not strong enough in some games and getr bullied off the ball .... the reason that Pearson has not worked this out yet is that he is both too stubborn and tactically ineffective. I hope we do something about this problem in jan but get the feeling that pearson wont change our system ..... to change games when we are losing games to turn things around .

How do you manage?

I'm not a Colchester City Fan!!!!!!!

lol

Christ!

Tongue in cheek or not, blaming anyone can **** off.

When the TEAM plays well, we win.

When we play with pace, press high & everyone puts a shift in we win.

When everyone drops off - We don't.

King is awesome, such a great footballer - winning or receiving the ball on the edge of our box then starting our attacks off, only to get forward & support them well too.

Saying that I think James makes good use of the ball too, we've got 3 cracking players. One of the reasons I'd like to see 3 in the middle in tough away games.

Blame the team

I'm confused... don't blame the players, blame the team? That sounds eerily like football manager speak. And they know as well as we do that you don't buy a team all-in-one, pre-packaged with tactics included. It's assembled by careful fine-tuning and, as a fan, it's fun to speculate on which tweaks would make all the difference.

I agree we have three good options there, we just need another one. I also agree that when we play well, we win. I just tend to think that a more physical option than King (or King being more physical) might help us play well and win more often. Just a thought.

I'm confused... don't blame the players, blame the team? That sounds eerily like football manager speak. And they know as well as we do that you don't buy a team all-in-one, pre-packaged with tactics included. It's assembled by careful fine-tuning and, as a fan, it's fun to speculate on which tweaks would make all the difference.

I agree we have three good options there, we just need another one. I also agree that when we play well, we win. I just tend to think that a more physical option than King (or King being more physical) might help us play well and win more often. Just a thought.

Agreed and another striker as well someone with experience like Steve Morison would do the trick.

It was true then as well.

No but it wasn't. He didn't have the best of games yesterday ill admit. But to say he goes missing is bollocks. Take him our of our midfield and we would be considerably weaker. Him and Drinkwater are quality.

This 'goes missing' bullshit is absolute tosh. Just watch him for a match and see how many loose balls he wins. Just because he didn't score - doesn't mean he's to blame for us losing.

I don't doubt that King and Drinkwater are the best central midfield partnership however we need more competition, Wellens and Danns are surplus to requirements so bringing in another central midfielder in January is crucial.

No but it wasn't. He didn't have the best of games yesterday ill admit. But to say he goes missing is bollocks. Take him our of our midfield and we would be considerably weaker. Him and Drinkwater are quality.

This 'goes missing' bullshit is absolute tosh. Just watch him for a match and see how many loose balls he wins. Just because he didn't score - doesn't mean he's to blame for us losing.

I'm afraid you're looking thru them rose tinted specs. Let me make it clear to whoever's listening.. I RATE KING.. But he DOES sometimes get over-run in quick and physical games where we are being put on the back foot. I've seen it too often to be able to argue it doesn't happen.

I think some people missed the sarcasm in the opening post, probably a reaction to all the numpties blaming King on the post match thread.

Agree with CC, there was no one reason we drew yesterday, collectively we were sloppy and lost shape after conceding King did many things right and like Drinkwater was fairly tidy in possession, but Barnsley cut off our options.

It is not like we were overrun or bullied off the ball we had the majority of possession and limited Barnsley to a few breaks, and gifted them 2 goals.

The problem we had is that we lacked cutting edge for a large part of the game and spent too long in possession trying to find a pass giving them time to get back and set, we often got forced into going backwards and then having a hoof, but that only worked when we brought a target man on.

Pearson perhaps should have changed things earlier, but it is difficult to know what to do, we could have matched them 451, but that would have clogged the midfield up even more and isolated Nugent.

It wasn't a physical game as such and I don't blame King or Drinkwater, it was a niggly game and it got worse as they realised that the ref wasn't blowing for anything, for either side, we let too many errors creep into our game, out of frustration or just one of those days I don't know, it could so easily have been a drubbing if we had converted one of our other early chances, but that one stupid moment for their first completely changed the game.

Colchester City fan does raise a good point about next week though, Millwall will be a tough game as they are a physical side, ad last time we went there with King and Gallagher we got pushed around, is it time for a 3 man midfield, James, King and Drinkywater, with Lloyd and Marshall supporting Nugent?

Even if it is just to ensure we get a good start to the game and don't concede early, we would have Waghorn, Marshall and Knocky on the bench later on if it is a stalemate.

I think some people missed the sarcasm in the opening post, probably a reaction to all the numpties blaming King on the post match thread.

Agree with CC, there was no one reason we drew yesterday, collectively we were sloppy and lost shape after conceding King did many things right and like Drinkwater was fairly tidy in possession, but Barnsley cut off our options.

It is not like we were overrun or bullied off the ball we had the majority of possession and limited Barnsley to a few breaks, and gifted them 2 goals.

The problem we had is that we lacked cutting edge for a large part of the game and spent too long in possession trying to find a pass giving them time to get back and set, we often got forced into going backwards and then having a hoof, but that only worked when we brought a target man on.

Pearson perhaps should have changed things earlier, but it is difficult to know what to do, we could have matched them 451, but that would have clogged the midfield up even more and isolated Nugent.

It wasn't a physical game as such and I don't blame King or Drinkwater, it was a niggly game and it got worse as they realised that the ref wasn't blowing for anything, for either side, we let too many errors creep into our game, out of frustration or just one of those days I don't know, it could so easily have been a drubbing if we had converted one of our other early chances, but that one stupid moment for their first completely changed the game.

Colchester City fan does raise a good point about next week though, Millwall will be a tough game as they are a physical side, ad last time we went there with King and Gallagher we got pushed around, is it time for a 3 man midfield, James, King and Drinkywater, with Lloyd and Marshall supporting Nugent?

Even if it is just to ensure we get a good start to the game and don't concede early, we would have Waghorn, Marshall and Knocky on the bench later on if it is a stalemate.

Oh Fook off!

lol...

THIS!

If you watch Kingy, he probably covers more ground that anyone else because he's always looking for that space or to be in situation to react. Because he does the simple things right, people overlook it and think that he doesn't do anything. Too many players struggle to get the simple right and are loved by fans because they produce something special every now and then You take him out of the team and you realise just what is missing.

Archived