Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
kingfox

Chris Wood

Seems a bit silly.

We've signed a player who wasn't theirs and whose loan spell was due to expire anyway.

Your right but when you get a loan player that's good it seems like he should be yours and when he's duff you can't get rid quick enough.

Remember being gutted (though no right to be) when Davies went to Bolton as I'd got accustomed to watching him ghost past the opposition playing for us.

There have also been rumors that Millwall won't do a deal with us for Liam Trotter because of Chris Wood.

They are a doing a Hull now..

Good job Arsenal arn't like that with Manchester City lol

They arn't exactly in a financial position like Manchester City, and if we really wanted him and come in with a decent offer surely they couldn't stop it? It will be more of not wanting him to join Leicester than not allowing IMO.

No idea,but from the reaction of some on here, they have obviously seen lots of him, and believe he is our new savior, that will take us to the promised land, so maybe we should just go with what they say.

Then again, maybe not!

No idea,but from the reaction of some on here, they have obviously seen lots of him, and believe he is our new savior, that will take us to the promised land, so maybe we should just go with what they say.

Then again, maybe not!

I see your point. Why bother posting opinions on a forum eh?

What a load of tosh. It was 'reported' that there wasn't much between the contract offers. Also it was 'reported' that we were the only club to get a bid accepted. So my guess is that no one knows the actual story :P

Think you're right. My guess is it's the usual 'get the fans back on side' comments from the local paper. You know, along the lines of 'Bloody rich clubs controlled by foreigners coming down here upsetting honest working folk with their Top hats and monocles'.

At the moment we've got Danns and Beckford away and you can bet the clubs they're at aren't paying their wages fully. My guess, and it's only that, is that we're paying part of what we're saving. As you say, we'll never really know of course.

This just popped up so here's the link and a copy & paste of what's been said. Anybody really think that Millwall offerred £20K a week? Because I don't.

http://www.newsatden.co.uk/10849-garston-millwall-matched-leicester-pound-for-pound.html

DIRECTOR Peter Garston has revealed that Millwall matched Leicester City's offer for Chris Wood "in every financial aspect."

Wood has returned to parent club West Brom ahead of a £1.25million-move to the Foxes next week, after rejecting the chance to stay with the Lions beyond the end of his loan spell.

But Garston, writing in his monthly report as the club's fan on the board, says the New Zealand international's decision could not have been motivated by money.

"I know the salary, transfer fee and all the add-ons that were offered to both West Brom and the player, and I can assure everyone we matched Leicester in every financial aspect," he said.

"Be assured the board went to extreme lengths to get him at the club permanently. As with all transfers, the final decision is with the player as to whether he sees his future at a club.

"As I understand it, Wood and his agent felt there was more chance of him getting Premier League football with Leicester.

"Personally, I find this very annoying as it was only two weeks ago that Chris echoed thoughts of staying with us, especially as he was getting first team football and was very well liked by the fans."

Archived