Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
kingfox

Chris Wood

You're clearly missing my point and frankly if I keep repeating it we're both going to get bans again over an argument I don't really give a shit about. I just think you were missing Babylon's point, maybe I was.

That might be all well and good but all you can do is to go on their reputation AT THE TIME.

Mills was widely considered, before we signed him, a good player. The thought of Beckford signing for City made most cum in their pants. Danns was widely considered to be playing in a team beneath him and could step up into a better class of side.

And that was all bound up in the bulk of the City fans thinking that Sven was a great man to have 'pulled off' such signings (no pun intended lol).

I remember it so well...

To now sit back and say 'well maybe they weren't so good after all' is fine. But that wasn't the impression most gave at the time.

All three ARE examples of players who AT THE TIME were felt to be 'good players' by the majority. Then they came to City and, for whatever reasons, weren't so good.

Be honest, there are still many NOW who think Beckford should return... They just aren't saying so..

:whistle:

It's not about what people felt or believed its about what they actually were!!!!!!!

Arrrrrrgh!!!!

I'll leave it to Mark.

It's not about what people felt or believed its about what they actually were!!!!!!!

Arrrrrrgh!!!!

I'll leave it to Mark.

I think you're missing my point Babs too.

As I said, I'm sure many still consider Beckford and Danns to be good players (maybe not so Mills).

Anyway, we move on to better things.

Personally, I blame Sven..

:thumbup:

Perhaps regarding future signings, if you or Mark think they actually aren't as good as the vast majority think they are it might be refreshing to maybe say so?

As I said, I'm sure many still consider Beckford and Danns to be good players (maybe not so Mills).

Perhaps regarding future signings, if you or Mark think they actually aren't as good as the vast majority think they are it might be refreshing to maybe say so?

:frusty:

Oh my god.

The point was why are people better for other clubs but rubbish when we sign them.

The answer is they weren't THAT good in the first sodding place. What part of this do you not grasp?

I generally don't pay any attention to kingfox and his dribble so I've got to ask, is Akinfenwa a running joke or does he honestly think he'd be a tidy signing?

One can only assume it's banter.

Oh my god.

The point was why are people better for other clubs but rubbish when we sign them.

The answer is they weren't THAT good in the first sodding place. What part of this do you not grasp?

The part in which these players WERE considered good, by the media, by the Leicester City fans, by the Palace fans and by Reading football club... Then they came to City and didn't look so good...

That was the original point and my response to your reply to the original point.

Why? Who knows? Perhaps they aren't actually very good players? Maybe they were/are good players and Svens tactics were wrong? Maybe they don't want to play for Pearson or for City anymore? Maybe they were outstanding players just for certain clubs?

I say again, all you can compare is their standing and form Pre-City with that after they joined. Pre... considered good, post.... considered not so good. The reasons for this may well be many and varied. You are stating they simply aren't good players?

Wow I am shocked by that. Still I think you have Col on the ropes

I'd do your head hitting the wall thing at this point but can't remember how to do it!

lol

I don't get why this is a difficult concept to grasp...

Each of the three players mentioned were broadly thought of as good players before they joined City.

Then they joined City and were thought of, by some of our fans, as not good players.

Therefore, they were good players (in the eyes of the masses) before joining and weren't good after joining.

I fink its simple...

lol

The part in which these players WERE considered good, by the media, by the Leicester City fans, by the Palace fans and by Reading football club... Then they came to City and didn't look so good...

That was the original point and my response to your reply to the original point.

Why? Who knows? Perhaps they aren't actually very good players? Maybe they were/are good players and Svens tactics were wrong? Maybe they don't want to play for Pearson or for City anymore? Maybe they were outstanding players just for certain clubs?

I say again, all you can compare is their standing and form Pre-City with that after they joined. Pre... considered good, post.... considered not so good. The reasons for this may well be many and varied. You are stating they simply aren't good players?

Are you taking the piss?

Once again....

The Reading fans hated Mills. Look at their response on here and on their own forums. Everything they said about him was spot on... So who knows best, a few city fans seeing him three times or the Reading fans.

Danns Career highlight is winning player of the year in an awful palace team. He'd done nothing before and has done little since and is 30 years old with not that many more championship appearances than King.

Beckford was good in league one and didn't play above that level until he was 27/28. He was ok in a short spell at Everton and Moyes sold him quicker than you can say "waste of cash".

These players have been as average as their career stats suggest they are. If people hype them up to be something they aren't or judge on a couple of games that is their choice.

Not living up to what people think they are and not playing to their level are two different things entirely.

Anyone want to know what my friend who knows Chris Wood and texted him last night had to say?

For one...me.

I was so busy today I've only just remembered it. I didn't get to eat my Friday bacon sandwich until 11 o'clock.

I would

I agree with Babylon, have you started your drinking early Col?

Majority of Leicester fans thought Mills would be a good signing, we should of just listened to Reading fans, they didn't rate him, they didn't like him and in all truthful they were 100% correct, he is gone now end of story I hate it when people bring his name back up on the forum.

While with Danns he was great for Palace; however not all signings work out, he had a terrible start then came good towards the back end of last season, but it's obvious Pearson don't rate him and prefers to play younger players, and Drinkwater, King and James have done well so far this season, so there is no need for Danns.

Finally Beckford was good in League 1, he climbed the Premier League to Everton did ok there, then came to us. He never played in the Championship and he obviously struggled to adapt, lazy strikers usually score goals, but he was lazy and useless in front of goal, we will get rid and hopefully bring in better.

For...one....final......time....

I'm not disagreeing that these three players have been poor for City. IMO they have. All three.

However, they were NOT considered bad players before they joined City. Not by the bulk of their own fans, not by the media and not by Sven who paid handsome sums for two of the three.

Finally, not by our own fans who were drooling at the prospect of each of these players.

Therefore, unless they were all crap before (the bulk of opinion suggests they werent), they HAVE gotten worse at City.

Either that or Babylon is right and they were all shite before... Shame that wasn't suggested (other than by a few Reading fans) before we signed them..

For...one....final......time....

I'm not disagreeing that these three players have been poor for City. IMO they have. All three.

However, they were NOT considered bad players before they joined City. Not by the bulk of their own fans, not by the media and not by Sven who paid handsome sums for two of the three.

Finally, not by our own fans who were drooling at the prospect of each of these players.

Therefore, unless they were all crap before (the bulk of opinion suggests they werent), they HAVE gotten worse at City.

Either that or Babylon is right and they were all shite before... Shame that wasn't suggested (other than by a few Reading fans) before we signed them..

I really hope you're doing this on purpose.

Anyone want to know what my friend who knows Chris Wood and texted him last night had to say?

For one...me.

I was so busy today I've only just remembered it. I didn't get to eat my Friday bacon sandwich until 11 o'clock.

yep, go on then please!?

For one...me.

I've been waiting a whole day to get your update. Get on with it!!

Archived